Metro 2033 (360) $19.99, Singularity $14.99, Quantum Theory $9.99 Used @ Gamefly

gotdott

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/xbox-360/Metro-2033/140710/

This is a great game for under $20. The atmosphere and everything. I might pick it up again myself but I don't think I want to touch shooters for a while after my Hardcore run on Dead Space 2 haha.

I think most CAGers have had positive experiences with Gamefly. The few used games I've ever ordered were like new, only a couple had minor scratches. Gamefly's games usually come complete since their case and manuals aren't sent out for rentals.

EDIT:
They also have (360/PS3) Singularity for $14.99 and Quantum Theory for $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/xbox-360/Singularity/136425/
http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/xbox-360/Quantum-Theory/141250/

Great prices on singularity and metro 2033. If I didn't already have them both I would jump on this deal. I didn't like the quantum theory demo...does it get any better as the game goes on?

[quote name='TraBuch']Is Quantum Theory really that bad? I've heard nothing but bad things, but videos I've seen actually make it look good.[/QUOTE]
There's a demo you know.

I liked the Quantum Theory demo and bought this over the holidays for $10.

Metro 2033 is one of the best shooters of this generation. Singularity is great, as well.

[quote name='TraBuch']Is Quantum Theory really that bad? I've heard nothing but bad things, but videos I've seen actually make it look good.[/QUOTE]

Download the demo and I can guarantee you, you will have the worst gaming experience of your life.

[quote name='mxpowar']Are they still doing that?[/QUOTE]

why would they do it all last year but stop for this year....????

[quote name='bardockkun']There's a demo you know.[/QUOTE]
Demos don't always tell the whole story. I hate the Valkyria Chronicles demo, I love the game.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Quantum Theory was the worst game I've ever played in my entire life.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you haven't played superman returns?

Playing through Singularity now between online sessions of Blops and LBP2. It is a very good game. Combines some gameplay elements from Bioshock, Wolfenstein (the new one), and atmosphere from Deadspace. Think I got it from Gamefly's end of year sale for a little cheaper, but I can recommend it at that price.

Don't expect to platinum it, however because the online trophy part is terribly hard. Not because of requirements, but because getting into a game is difficult - online is a ghost town.

Also, gamefly's end of the month always had free shipping. I dont think this is it. Which is too bad, I look forward to each month.

I just finished playing Singularity last week ( I picked it up during GameFlys year end sale) and definitely recommend it for this price. Its a great game, its a shame it wasn't marketed more.

Singularity is great, I'm playing it now. Kinda reminds me of a modern day Bioshock with a Soviet flavor. Makes me kinda want to get Metro 2023, but I think I can wait for sub $15...:whistle2:k

Grabbed Metro at this price last month when Walmart had it(i don't trade games back, so i didn't care that it was the French/bilingual version). Its flaws(primarily in the stealth implementation) caused me a lot of frustration early on, but the graphics were nice, story was decent, voice acting(particularly the Russian language version) was excellent, and the atmosphere was among the best of any game i've played in the current generation. The overwhelming sense of oppression and claustrophobia the game creates is phenomenal. When all was said and done, the things the game did right far outweighed its shortcomings, and the experience as a whole was very enjoyable. I'd love to see a sequel(or even prequel) that smooths out some of the rough edges.

[quote name='Vap']I'm guessing you haven't played superman returns?[/QUOTE]

Haha, no.
I never play games that are unplayable since I always tend to find out how the game is like before I actually get my hands on it.

I still have my $5 coupon and everyone and their brother keeps telling me Singularity is good. I guess I should bite.

*edit*
After thankfully looking into Singularity apparently it has no subtitles. As someone who plays games mostly with the sound off this is a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='biledriver']I still have my $5 coupon and everyone and their brother keeps telling me Singularity is good. I guess I should bite.

*edit*
After thankfully looking into Singularity apparently it has no subtitles. As someone who plays games mostly with the sound off this is a deal breaker for me.[/QUOTE]

WTH do you do? reject their reality and insert your own. hahaha i can see this guy making his own sound effects.

I would totally jump on Metro 2033 if I was a gambling man, since 360 disc are usually scratched to hell. I've been waiting so long for this game to drop.(new)

[quote name='$hady']Are you deaf or just dumb? Why do you play everything with the sound off??[/QUOTE]

I have always had roommates, family or a wife. They want to watch tv or play games of their own so I have always played with the sound off. Honestly most people have an overblown sense of what sound is to most games. I play a lot of rpg's and so it doesn't matter much.

Can never understand why people get rude about it. I don't tell you how to enjoy games so keep your opinions to yourself about it, thanks.

[quote name='biledriver']I have always had roommates, family or a wife. They want to watch tv or play games of their own so I have always played with the sound off. Honestly most people have an overblown sense of what sound is to most games. I play a lot of rpg's and so it doesn't matter much.

Can never understand why people get rude about it. I don't tell you how to enjoy games so keep your opinions to yourself about it, thanks.[/QUOTE]

What about investing in some Astros or Turtle Beach? In my personal opinion, playing without sound compromises the integrity of the experience.

I have to play with the sound off when I'm on the phone with my girlfriend so she doesn't realize I'm not paying attention while shes venting for hours on end.

This is a daily thing for me. I feel for the guy.

[quote name='Trance Addix']What about investing in some Astros or Turtle Beach? In my personal opinion, playing without sound compromises the integrity of the experience.[/QUOTE]

As I said half the time the tv is on or someone is talking to me. I have played games since the only sounds were digital beeps and bops. Sound is just one part of games and one I don't care if I miss.

[quote name='biledriver']As I said half the time the tv is on or someone is talking to me. I have played games since the only sounds were digital beeps and bops. Sound is just one part of games and one I don't care if I miss.[/QUOTE]

Do you watch movies the same way? Sound is a core part of any game experience.

[quote name='biledriver']As I said half the time the tv is on or someone is talking to me. I have played games since the only sounds were digital beeps and bops. Sound is just one part of games and one I don't care if I miss.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, just putting in my $0.02. Just to support my previous statement, a game like Dead Space, bases one if it's fundamentals on the element of sound.

I'm not criticizing how you play, just curious about why you don't care so much.

[quote name='biledriver']I have always had roommates, family or a wife. They want to watch tv or play games of their own so I have always played with the sound off. Honestly most people have an overblown sense of what sound is to most games. I play a lot of rpg's and so it doesn't matter much.

Can never understand why people get rude about it. I don't tell you how to enjoy games so keep your opinions to yourself about it, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Not to keep going off topic, but, I'm with you man. I've got 2 young kids under 4. My game time is after everyone, including my wife, goes to bed. I have to play with the sound turned down low just due to it being late, and I can't play with headphones in case one of the kids starts crying or making noise.

[quote name='biledriver']I still have my $5 coupon and everyone and their brother keeps telling me Singularity is good. I guess I should bite.

*edit*
After thankfully looking into Singularity apparently it has no subtitles. As someone who plays games mostly with the sound off this is a deal breaker for me.[/QUOTE]

I personally, am with biledriver, a game without subtitles is a deal breaker. I don't use them for the same reasons, as I play my games with the sound on; but I really like reading alongside hearing what a character is saying or I'm being told.

I play with the sound up but still get annoyed when they don't have subtitles. I don't have the best hearing so it's nice to read along incase I miss something.

[quote name='lunasicc']Download the demo and I can guarantee you, you will have the worst gaming experience of your life.[/QUOTE]

You do know demos are not a final product right? You could hate a demo but love the full game which happens to me off and on. Dissing a game cause a demo was bad is not really helpful to people. The bulletstorm demo was amazing but does not mean the full game will be.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']You do know demos are not a final product right? You could hate a demo but love the full game which happens to me off and on. Dissing a game cause a demo was bad is not really helpful to people. The bulletstorm demo was amazing but does not mean the full game will be.[/QUOTE]

You do know that demos are created to sell the game, right? So if a demo is bad...yikes.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']You do know that demos are created to sell the game, right? So if a demo is bad...yikes.[/QUOTE]

The Dead Space demo was terrible. If it wasn't for my friend pushing me to play it, I would have never done so if I based it off my experience with the demo. Some demos just plain out suck.

[quote name='Luxuria']The Dead Space demo was terrible. If it wasn't for my friend pushing me to play it, I would have never done so if I based it off my experience with the demo. Some demos just plain out suck.[/QUOTE]

Right...but that doesn't change that demos are made by the creators in an attempt to sell the game. So, using your example above - they failed. They did not properly represent the quality of the full game in a bite sized chunk. That is the goal of a demo. Or, it's to show how "Great" a crappy game is with a good demo. :)

Have you heard of 2gamerent.com...

They are a new company. I just switched my subscription from gamefly to them. It's cheaper and my buddy had a 10% discount code: RENTAMH

[quote name='dealgamer']Have you heard of 2gamerent.com...

They are a new company. I just switched my subscription from gamefly to them. It's cheaper and my buddy had a 10% discount code: RENTAMH[/QUOTE]

Interesting place to put spam.

bread's done
Back