I would like to announce my blog

I know you have the Amazon ad at the bottom but you should have included a pic of the movie or movie poster before starting your post.

Good luck with your blog.

Pictures would help, but, to be honest, your writing needs a lot of work. You gave no reasoning to any of the points you brought up, and it doesn't flow very well. You will probably get better over time, but you should start out by reading, and emulating, some professional reviews.

Also, no double-spacing after periods.

It is my first attempt at doing this . I figured i would start a new hobby . I figure as time goes on . I'll get better at it. I just hope people read it.

Too much first person for me. Since you're writing it, we already know it's what "I" think. Be more specific about the movie. Also they have a blog section here at CAG. It wouldn't hurt to post the blog here and link back to your original blog post.

To many short sentences. when you read it, it sounds robotic. Add more opinion and reasoning to back up what your saying so its not a string of tiny random sentences. Your blog gives no more insight than we could gain from some guy mumbling on a bus.

"I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I thought the story was excellent. The acting was well done. There were alot of suspense to be had. I was always wondering what was going to happen next. "

Why was the story so excellent? Any moments that the acting really stood out? Etc.

since nobody liked it. I deleted it . Happy Now. BTW, If any of you enter the contests that I put on here. I will no be putting anymore. Find your own damn contests.

[quote name='JCoyne1031']since nobody liked it. I deleted it . Happy Now. BTW, If any of you enter the contests that I put on here. I will no be putting anymore. Find your own damn contests.[/QUOTE]

Don't get pissy with us. You asked:

[quote name='JCoyne1031']tell me what you think
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brownjohn']Don't get pissy with us. You asked:[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Brownjohn's original constructive critism is how I felt so I didn't post. Plan and simple: Things just didn't flow well and you never really gave any reasoning to how you felt.

Personally, I wouldn't let a few of non-encouraging words stop me from doing something I wanted to do. The purpose of doing blogs is to do something you enjoy and share with others your thoughts. Once you get more comfortable and heed some of the good constructive critism in this thread, people might actually "subscribe" and read your blog. People ended up visiting someone last year from this site who created a blog about a movie he would see every week as part of a new years resolution.

[quote name='JCoyne1031']since nobody liked it. I deleted it . Happy Now. BTW, If any of you enter the contests that I put on here. I will no be putting anymore. Find your own damn contests.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, don't take your ball and go home. If you really want to do it and enjoy it, stick it out. When you put something on the Internet, you have to expect that there will be people who will shit all over it regardless of whether it's good or not.

If you're going to be blogging and announcing it for everyone to see, you'll definitely have to learn to roll with the punches when you get feedback. Most of the replies here seemed pretty fair. Honestly, though, I'd almost rather negative comments than no comments at all. You did ask what people thought, and you got it. You just have to learn to sort through the useful and ignore the garbage.

Then again, if you're going to react this badly to one or two snarky comments, maybe you shouldn't be blogging publicly at all.

Damn guy, you're going to be a failure in life with this attitude. Nobody starts out perfect at anything. Some of us offered constructive criticism while others were being dicks. Unless this is your first time on the internet, that's what you're going to get. You need to sift through the comments, think about what we wrote, and add those changes to your new blog.

If I tried to paint the mona lisa and used MS Paint, what kind of response do you think I'd get? The key to being great at something is never giving up and always trying to improve. My advice is to keep blogging and keep getting better at it.

[quote name='DV8']If I tried to paint the mona lisa and used MS Paint, what kind of response do you think I'd get?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, you know that there actually is a very impressive video on youtube of someone speed painting the Mona Lisa using MS Paint.

bread's done
Back