What kind of 3D TV Are u using with ur PS3 System and can U post pictures of ur setup

S

starmask2k3

would like to know and also would like to know if your using it for gaming or movies or both

Last edited:
samsung 50" 1080p plasma 3d. and I use it for everything. blu rays and gaming mostly. xbox360 usually. Im in crysis 2 now, really good looking campaign in 3d.

I've got a 61in Samsung DLP (61A750) and the after market Mitsubishi adaptor.

The rig is currently set-up with my PS3 passing to the box, the box passing to the TV for HDMI and 3D input, and 3D back to the box.

It's kind of screwed up right now, because I'm not able to use my receiver in the mix because it's no EDID compatible.

I use it for movies and games. I've enjoyed it so far.

[quote name='nbballard']I've got a 61in Samsung DLP (61A750) and the after market Mitsubishi adaptor.

The rig is currently set-up with my PS3 passing to the box, the box passing to the TV for HDMI and 3D input, and 3D back to the box.

It's kind of screwed up right now, because I'm not able to use my receiver in the mix because it's no EDID compatible.

I use it for movies and games. I've enjoyed it so far.[/QUOTE]
I had the issue at first too. I was able to run my ps3 to the adapter to my Mitsubishi tv and run the ps3 video set-up.

I then ran ps3 -> Onkyo AVR (tx-sr876) -> 3d-adapter -> Mitsubishi 73C9.

For me, once the PS3 had been configured for 3d it didn't matter that the AVR was in between. Might work for you too.

Beyond that, you can run optical to your AVR for sound if you can't use the HDMI.

[quote name='pjb16']I had the issue at first too. I was able to run my ps3 to the adapter to my Mitsubishi tv and run the ps3 video set-up.

I then ran ps3 -> Onkyo AVR (tx-sr876) -> 3d-adapter -> Mitsubishi 73C9.

For me, once the PS3 had been configured for 3d it didn't matter that the AVR was in between. Might work for you too.

Beyond that, you can run optical to your AVR for sound if you can't use the HDMI.[/QUOTE]

Yea- i tried that, but i may test it again. From what i can tell my TV and receiver are resetting the video feed when the 3D source starts and refuses to allow me to enable the 3D mode on my TV.

Sony Bravia 46" EX7200. So far I have only used it for games, need 2 more pair of glasses to watch a movie with the family.

I think the question should be clarified. I have a 3d Sony 46" NX810 and use it for movies and games, but nothing with 3D since it is perfectly matched overpriced & under performing for the cost.

I watched a bunch of those free 3D movies in the PSN store. The Hothouse ones. Some were pretty good, others seems to have major ghosting...although, it seemed like a lo-budget

[quote name='pjb16']I had the issue at first too. I was able to run my ps3 to the adapter to my Mitsubishi tv and run the ps3 video set-up.
[/QUOTE]

I tested it and it still doesn't work. It recognizes that the 3D adaptor is there, and it runs, and the TV lets me go into 3D mode, but once the source starts sending a 3D signal from the game it goes to a "no source detected" screen.

I'm running optical into my receiver right now- it's just a pain because switching sources now requires a few more controllers than it did before (don't know if it's worth another $200 bucks though).

[quote name='elessar123']That the TV is capable of 3D?[/QUOTE]

is it 3d when u opening the box or do u have to buy a box to use the 3d

[quote name='starmask2k3']is it 3d when u opening the box or do u have to buy a box to use the 3d[/QUOTE]

TV sets marked as "3D Ready" typically can display sources recorded in 3D out of the box. Some tvs can convert 2D to 3D.

But not all TVs come w/ glasses

And some of the tv's do not have the IR receiver integrated into the tv. You end up having to place the receiver elsewhere, a'a Wii Motion Bar

Has anyone tried running a setup with a 3D capable monitor? I currently run my PS3 through a 24" monitor and thought I might be able to get into 3D cheap if I could get one of those 3D capable monitors.

bread's done
Back