Patriot Xporter XT Rage VS Patriot Xporter XT Boost?

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
i bought an Xporter XT boost a while back for the my 360 and it works good. It seems the 360 is finicky about what memory cards it will let pass its test and the 8gb one i grabbed worked good

Now i need a bigger one for my PS3 for when i get a new one, i need to back up all my saves and stuff like that. Im thinking 16GB should be good but when i went to check i noticed theres 2 different ones.. a 16gb version of the boost that i have:

Patriot Xporter XT Boost
http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Xport...2RP6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319584192&sr=8-3

And a 16GB called the Patriot Xporter XT Rage
http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Xport...X6QK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1319584192&sr=8-2

I'm not really sure what the difference is between them.. is one better than the other? I thought the rage was faster/better, but its actually cheaper for some reason o_O Anyone know what the difference is and which one i should go for? I'm leaning to the rage because its cheaper, and it seems amazon as a first party is out of the boost at the moment, but im wondering what the real difference is. I checked Patriots site but theres no real usefull info there at all. Just a bunch of marketing lingo. i cant even see the transfer speed of the boost

Well. This is just my opinion.
I have a 16 gb version of the first one. The Boost. What's great about it is that it has survived /incredible abuse,/ which is exactly why I bought it.

I've dropped in soda. I've stepped on it while hiking. I've forgotten it out in a car in 105 F degree weather.

The Rage has a neat looking slide cap feature, but I don't think that would be nearly as water and dirt resistant as the old style cap; it leaves the actual usb port open to the elements.

So read / write wise the Rage may be superior, but the build may keep away people who bought the original for the robustness.

As for getting an Xporter, do you /really/ need to invest in one just to transport saves? If you have a spare usb key laying about, that will likely work; the PS3 is way more device friendly.

bread's done
Back