Mario Party 9 on the way !?!?

Well, Walmart.com has it as a release date of 12/31/11. I am surprised that it's not listed on the Nintendo.com website, and as I said it would be suicide for Fortune Street to be released so closely to MP9. Was Fortune Street also announced at E3? Did one morph into the other? Did MP9 get pushed back? New release date?

Sorry for all the questions, but I couldn't find the answers I need to make my game buying decisions.

Mario Party 9? I still have barely scratched MP8, which I don't have yet. I hope 9 will be online...

I'm waiting on Mario Party 8 to go to greatest hits yet. It's about time...

[quote name='crystalklear64']that trailer for 9 looks bad. you no longer move separately around the board wtf? can't have the children being left behind...[/QUOTE]

There is one scene where Peach is moving on her own on the board, so I'm confused. If you really don't move separately that sure is weird.

If MP9 isn't online, or offer ~~~SOME~~~ kind of Wi-Fi thing. (AT LEAST DLC?!).. then that's going to feed into more of the already not so great opinion I have of this system. I actually really enjoyed Mario Party 8. For what it was, the franchise, and the potential that could be in a sequel. The fact the sequel to this (I'm saying sequel because it'll be the second one for the Wii, fyi) is being released MUCH MUCH later than the first, the expectations are going to be high. Will it be a continuation of cheap and cheesy waggle? Will it implement motion+ and use it correctly? Will it offer SOME kind of Wi-Fi connectivity?

Hopefully.

I'd be very surprised if MP9 included any sort of online. It's Nintendo, they'll claim it's the type of game people want to play in the same room and that there's no interest in playing it online or some BS like that.

I haven't played a Mario Party game since MP6. Not sure I want one for Wii, especially if it's a waggle-fest. I did get one of the Raving Rabbids games and found it more fun and full of personality than Mario Party.

Never bought MP8. It was always $50 and I've never seen a decent sale on it. May get MP9, depending on when it is released.

I don't really know anything about the Mario Party games because I haven't actually played any beyond the first one, but I just took a survey about Mario Party 9 (as well as Pac-Man Party Kinect and Trojan War) and I learned a little bit of info about it. As far as I can tell, you don't move your characters separately. Everyone gets into a "vehicle" and they move together. Players take turns moving the vehicle, but they all go at the same time. You have to collect/earn stars as you play through the 70+ games and whoever has the most stars at the end is the winner. I don't believe there is an online mode, but I could be wrong about that part. All of this information may or may not already be available; I just thought I'd share what little I know based on the survey.

I'm not quite sure how Nintendo managed to turn Mario Party into the hot garbage it's become. It was a little forgiveable when they were pumping out so many.

[quote name='lilboo']How can Mario Party get any easier to play?! Do you just blink at the tv and win!!?[/QUOTE]

I meant compared to Fortune Street. Fortune Street requires more thinking, Mario Party is more labotomized, but in a good way.

bread's done
Back