Amazon 2 day shipping on BF

rbanke

CAGiversary!
Has anyone noticed that things bought today (and yesterday for me) with Prime free 2-day shipping are scheduled to arrive on the 30th? Thats 4 days not counting Sunday by my count. I understand they are busy but find it a bit odd that they dont say anything about shipments being delayed. I don't really care, just thought it was a little odd. Am I missing something outside of the obvious 'they are busy'?

[quote name='Squarehard']Nope, same crap every season.[/QUOTE]

I'm taking this to mean, during the holidays they will still use 2 day shipping, but may not actually process the order for a few days? I never had prime before, so it's not something I noticed.

[quote name='rbanke']Has anyone noticed that things bought today (and yesterday for me) with Prime free 2-day shipping are scheduled to arrive on the 30th? Thats 4 days not counting Sunday by my count. I understand they are busy but find it a bit odd that they dont say anything about shipments being delayed. I don't really care, just thought it was a little odd. Am I missing something outside of the obvious 'they are busy'?[/QUOTE]

Prime shipping is always said to be 2 business days. Saturday and Sunday don't count as business days. If it shipped today, then Tuesday would be 2 business days.

Not to mention that Thursday is a holiday, followed by what is considered a holiday weekend.

Monday is the first real business day after Thanksgiving.

I only bought two things from Amazon (using Prime 2-day) during BF, both are scheduled to arrive Monday. If Friday (the 25th) was the shipped date, then it should be delivered no later than the 29th for 2-day.

it's holiday shopping, the biggest day. Of course they are gonna get delayed 1-2 days when you ordered via prime!

I placed four orders on Amazon during BF:

Two on Nov. 24th. Both are scheduled for delivery on the 28th.
One on Nov. 25th. It's scheduled to arrive on the 30th
And one on Nov. 26th. It's scheduled to arrive on Dec. 2nd but it was backordered and says that is will ship in three days.

Since Thanksgiving Day and the weekend aren't business days, the delivery estimates seem right to me. Better than I expected actually considering the sheer amount of orders they received over the past couple of days.

Always slow on holidays, my asshole friend got skyrim with release day but complained on saturday because he didn't get It on veterans day. I told what a douche he was for that but he didn't care, they said there was nothing they could do, so he demanded something from them or he would never shop from them again. They gave him $20 credit and filed his order as lost. So in the end they gave him $20 and 3 yea 3 copies of Skyrim because they made a mistake in the new order. Sorry, very Off topic but was really mad about that.

[quote name='garrett007']Always slow on holidays, my asshole friend got skyrim with release day but complained on saturday because he didn't get It on veterans day. I told what a douche he was for that but he didn't care, they said there was nothing they could do, so he demanded something from them or he would never shop from them again. They gave him $20 credit and filed his order as lost. So in the end they gave him $20 and 3 yea 3 copies of Skyrim because they made a mistake in the new order. Sorry, very Off topic but was really mad about that.[/QUOTE]

Well, he's the kind of customer that if he keeps up those kinds of practices, he's going to to get banned from Amazon, and then he doesn't have to threaten never shopping from them again because they won't want him there at all.

Monday doesn't count as a Business day since that is the day they "technically" say it shipped to get to you buy the 30th.

I had two packages with an original delivery date of the 30th from USPS, but got them both yesterday (28th). Guess it depends on your location as well, since I'm in KY.

There is simply no way they can keep up with the orders. It's still shipped with 2 day but now takes a few days to even get out. Nothing you can do I guess.
19.gif

bread's done
Back