Yakuza 4 - $14.99 @K-mart(B&M)

ZincAlloy

CAGiversary!
Just a headsup I saw Yakuza 4 for 14.99 at K-Mart (it's also still 14.99 at Newegg) in their bargain bin.
I just beat Yakuza III (first time in the series) and I strongly recommend the series. So if you're on the fence give it a try. And each game has narratives to catch you up on the previous entries. Hopefully not a dupe post.

Its been posted before... been that price for a little while but someone might benefit from the news.

Yakuza 3 is also $14.99 @ Newegg w/FS

[quote name='TopsideKracker']Its been posted before... been that price for a little while but someone might benefit from the news.

Yakuza 3 is also $14.99 @ Newegg w/FS[/QUOTE]

I did, thanks OP!

Are the original shipment Yakuza 4s (in the game case) ringing up at $14.99 now too? Or is it only the 'value price' version with the replacement UPC?

There are 3 copies in the game case at my local store but they never got the 'value price' version here...

[quote name='tomwaits1']Are the original shipment Yakuza 4s (in the game case) ringing up at $14.99 now too? Or is it only the 'value price' version with the replacement UPC?
[/QUOTE]

What is the difference in the value version and the original version?

Its the same game, its just that the value ones came from another company and have a generic barcode sticker over the regular one

The original version also has an extra code for free DLC (noted on the front of the case). I don't know if the value price version includes the code since I haven't seen it here.

Can I find Yakuza 1/2 cheap anywhere? I really want to play through the whole series. I already own Yakuza 3, and Yakuza 4.

Edit: I just checked, and my PS3 (80GB) only plays Yakuza, and not Yakuza 2. I'll play this series eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stewie75']i'm sure there'll be a HD Collection soon enough.[/QUOTE]

...let's hope one that isn't edited for the US.

FYI: Before everybody runs out to try and grab a copy of this at Kmart for $14.99, please note that there are two different versions of Yakuza 4 floating around Kmart stores.

As mentioned prior the main difference is that there's a UPC sticker covering the original UPC on the back of the case of the ones that WILL ring up $14.99. There's also a second sticker on those copies that has the price of $14.99 on it along with the words Value Games or something to that effect.

So if you find a copy with NO UPC over the original one, then chances are it'll ring up $59.99 or whatever the current MSRP is.

With all the UPC switcheroos going on here I would just buy them from Newegg. I bought both of mine from Newegg and they both contained the DLC for each. That's probably the simplest route to go.

bread's done
Back