Deathsmiles Limited Edition $14.99 FS @ Newegg again

[quote name='chunlirocks']WIN.

I can not recommend this game enough.

Buy it or else![/QUOTE]

For $15 you can't go wrong here.

Dammit I ordered it. For a limited edition game that folks weren't sure would make it to the states, I gave in. Added to the collection! Plus the soundtrack is on an actual disk so it's a win.

[quote name='VegaTheChosen']does this game have local coop? if so i'll bite and put my shoprunner to use.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it does!

Great game but probably the most worthless special edition out there. All you get is a console faceplate. Its now apart of my misc videogame collectible box, which only gets opened if I am tossing in another item. If you can get the standard edition cheaper, I would recommend going that route.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Great game but probably the most worthless special edition out there. All you get is a console faceplate. Its now apart of my misc videogame collectible box, which only gets opened if I am tossing in another item. If you can get the standard edition cheaper, I would recommend going that route.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I looked at the contents online and sold my copy on Amazon while it was still sealed. Think I will pickup the standalone version sometime in the future when it hits $10 or cheaper.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Great game but probably the most worthless special edition out there. All you get is a console faceplate.[/QUOTE]

and the soundtrack.

[quote name='KtMack23']Is the only extra in this the face plate?[/QUOTE]

No, it also has a physical soundtrack (CD). And it comes in a big box with nice artwork.

You know, I saw this at GameStop yesterday for $50, and I thought it was kinda cool. And now its $15 and I can't seem to pull the trigger.

[quote name='KtMack23']You know, I saw this at GameStop yesterday for $50, and I thought it was kinda cool. And now its $15 and I can't seem to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

If you like shooters its a no-brainer; if not, you might want to just pass on this.

[quote name='chimpmeister']If you like shooters its a no-brainer; if not, you might want to just pass on this.[/QUOTE]

Shooters? I assumed this was a niche RPG

[quote name='KtMack23']You know, I saw this at GameStop yesterday for $50, and I thought it was kinda cool. And now its $15 and I can't seem to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

It's $30 at GS (for about 6-8 months), they just didn't change the tag. ;)

[quote name='slowdive21']It's $30 at GS (for about 6-8 months), they just didn't change the tag. ;)[/QUOTE]

It was on the wall to the Side of the register in this really weird way. You could tell they weren't expecting to sell it. I also saw someone by that new AssCreed game for $60 and some ridiculously fat kid turn down the extra $8 in credit for trading towards a used game, even though he/she (I couldn't tell) could've just got a $1 game and $7 extra credit. That store makes me facepalm so hard.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha you would have been in for a surprise.[/QUOTE]

Like fps or those side scrolling arcade type shooters , shumps? (I know that's spelled wrong sorry)

[quote name='KtMack23']Like fps or those side scrolling arcade type shooters , shumps? (I know that's spelled wrong sorry)[/QUOTE]

Shmup

[quote name='tylerh1701']Shmup[/QUOTE]

Oh OK. I'm not interested anymore. Especially since I have a slim and couldn't use the face plate.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, it also has a physical soundtrack (CD). And it comes in a big box with nice artwork.[/QUOTE]

A big box with nice artwork? You consider that a positive thing? Oh well, to each their own. I hate big boxes cause if you keep it...well, it just winds up taking up a bunch of space. Sure, one box isn't a big deal but they start adding up really quick especially with oversized boxes. I used to keep boxes for everything thinking they would be a good thing to have if I ever sold the item or needed to move. I literally had a roughly 8 x 3 x 3 stack of just hard drive boxes. Well, to make a long story short our basement started looking like a hoarder episode on TV so I went down there a few months back and threw everything out. Well, mostly everything. The only stuff that survived was the really old collectible stuff I had including my early adventure game boxes like Kings Quest, Maniac Mansion and Zack McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders. Everything else is now working its way to the bottom of a landfill.

Big boxes....have no interest in them whatsoever. If someone wants my box for Deathsmiles I would be more than happy to give it to them. Otherwise it will be joining the rest of my boxes in that landfill real soon.

I remember reading an article in Xbox Magazine a few years back in regards to people that collected Xbox faceplates. Some of them literally had like 300-400 different face plates and they had invested quite a bit of time and money to get them. Those guys must really have bit the big one on that hobby. They are pretty much worthless now and I cant imagine selling them would be very easy. In fact, I am betting an xbox faceplate collection is one of the toughest things a person can sell these days. Being stuck with 400+ Xbox face plates, that would just suck.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']A big box with nice artwork? You consider that a positive thing? Oh well, to each their own. I hate big boxes cause if you keep it...well, it just winds up taking up a bunch of space. Sure, one box isn't a big deal but they start adding up really quick especially with oversized boxes. I used to keep boxes for everything thinking they would be a good thing to have if I ever sold the item or needed to move. I literally had a roughly 8 x 3 x 3 stack of just hard drive boxes. Well, to make a long story short our basement started looking like a hoarder episode on TV so I went down there a few months back and threw everything out. Well, mostly everything. The only stuff that survived was the really old collectible stuff I had including my early adventure game boxes like Kings Quest, Maniac Mansion and Zack McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders. Everything else is now working its way to the bottom of a landfill.

Big boxes....have no interest in them whatsoever. If someone wants my box for Deathsmiles I would be more than happy to give it to them. Otherwise it will be joining the rest of my boxes in that landfill real soon.

I remember reading an article in Xbox Magazine a few years back in regards to people that collected Xbox faceplates. Some of them literally had like 300-400 different face plates and they had invested quite a bit of time and money to get them. Those guys must really have bit the big one on that hobby. They are pretty much worthless now and I cant imagine selling them would be very easy. In fact, I am betting an xbox faceplate collection is one of the toughest things a person can sell these days. Being stuck with 400+ Xbox face plates, that would just suck.[/QUOTE]

You should at least recycle the boxes...............And most people don't collect 400+ items just to sell them.

This box isn't too bad as its thin and easy to store. The $15 price is good for the limited edition, it almost costs more just to buy the standard game, so the limited is the way to go in this case. When I bought this I wasn't going for the faceplate I was going for the cheap price.

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']Damn, was just about to buy it, but looks they they ran out for now =([/QUOTE]

I assume any thread older than 1 hour is OOS, thanks to resellers.

Yeah same, but I'm sure you can still do store pickup.

Newegg has stores? Not in my Country.

[quote name='Booj']
Newegg has stores? Not in my Country.[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread, my bad. I'm having login issues with my browser.

[quote name='Booj']
Newegg has stores? Not in my Country.[/QUOTE]
Wrong thread, my bad. Been having login issues with my chrome browser.

I remember it being on sale for around the same price in the past (Like past few months im pretty sure). I wouldnt be surprised if it went on sale again soon, maybe i'll buy it next time too. Just couldnt justify it at the moment.

Newegg has had it $14.99 3 different times, and amazon once. Amazon currently has it for $20 if you want to spend a bit more.

[quote name='abhinav']I've really enjoyed this game on my iPhone, does this version offer anything different?[/QUOTE]

Playing on the big screen (TV) and using a 360 controller would be reason enough to get this even if you have the iphone version. And if you actually liked the iphone version, all the more reason!

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']For those still interested, I just got me email saying it's back in stock for $15. Finally in for one![/QUOTE]

Time for me to grab one too, thanks!

btw, Yankeessuck193, How's Gary Busey doing today? xD

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Time for me to grab one too, thanks!

btw, Yankeessuck193, How's Gary Busey doing today? xD[/QUOTE]

Haha, goddamn Gary Busey >:]. Awesome picture btw! Lost Odyssey is one of the hidden JRPG gems this generation ;)

[quote name='ShadowSx']Just think.. FREE shipping and NO tax! $14.99 shipped![/QUOTE]

Or he could get the regular (non-CE) edition for $19.99! Decisions, decisions . . . :lol:

[quote name='chimpmeister']Or he could get the regular (non-CE) edition for $19.99! Decisions, decisions . . . :lol:[/QUOTE]

Deal of the year.

But screw it, in for one collectors

Heh, it comes back in stock after I dropped $25 on one from GameStop. Oh well, the faceplate is nice and the game is decent.

bread's done
Back