New 160GB PS3 $163.99 Shipped

usually amazon has your back if you get ripped off. make sure its sealed with the real sony round stickers that rip forever once you open them

Sold by Anthony's Discounts which has no ratings. While I am in search of a good deal on a new PS3 (my current one died 2 days ago), I am not convinced it is legit.

demotivational-posters-seems-legit8.jpg

[quote name='GBAstar']what... 3rd party seller... how does it work if he ships a brick?[/QUOTE]

"When you sell it, you'll ship a brick."

You can always get amazon to get your back. I'm not worried at all. We've all heard the horror stories about legit sellers getting ripped off, so a truly bad situation should be remedied pretty easily.

I stopped and thought somebody bought that crap just have to look at the logic for $160 the seller could just throw it on craigslist and somebody would eat it up(if its legit) then they wouldnt have to worry about fees and waiting two weeks to get the money

This is at least the third of fourth of these sorts of threads on here that I've seen. Its very common to see a new seller pop up with a bunch of copies of some new game or system that they know will sell out quickly, thinking they can get their money and get the hell out before Amazon catches them.

I didn't check, but unless the seller only has one system listed, its definitely a scam if they sell so far below the market value.

Amazon's a to z will cover purchases, but, as mentioned, it is usually a long process to get your money back. However, on the hardcore, obvoius scammers, they don't usually get to ever even withdraw any money from the sale (Amazon velocity sales limits), so the money gets back to you more quickly.

I've had actual contact with the seller, he seems pretty legit. Good english and doesnt really seem suspiscious, we'll see.

Somebody else just launched a new seller account and put one up brand new for $200. As much as I need a new PS3 to replace my old 60GB fatty that refuses to play PS3 games without freezing, I'm very wary of purchasing likely stolen goods on Amazon. :(

[quote name='LCAWC']Somebody else just launched a new seller account and put one up brand new for $200. As much as I need a new PS3 to replace my old 60GB fatty that refuses to play PS3 games without freezing, I'm very wary of purchasing likely stolen goods on Amazon. :([/QUOTE]

It could be someone who bought a black friday PS3 bundle. But I think most if not all of those would of been sold off already.

[quote name='Fire2box']It could be someone who bought a black friday PS3 bundle. But I think most if not all of those would of been sold off already.[/QUOTE]

There's a separate listing on Amazon for those, and last I checked some 90 or so people were still trying to gouge people by inflating the price of that bundle. If these new sellers are putting up a new PS3 with two games included for $200 or less then that's a crazy deal and/or stolen goods.

I ordered one yesterday when it said there were 8 left and I just received an email that said they are out of stock and my order has been cancelled. 1-2 days for a refund.

[quote name='jammin20']I ordered one yesterday when it said there were 8 left and I just received an email that said they are out of stock and my order has been cancelled. 1-2 days for a refund.[/QUOTE]

...and so it begins

[quote name='Rockinjs']I stopped and thought somebody bought that crap just have to look at the logic for $160 the seller could just throw it on craigslist and somebody would eat it up(if its legit) then they wouldnt have to worry about fees and waiting two weeks to get the money[/QUOTE]
The face to face sales are nicer than taking a hit from Amazon/eBay fees WHEN you can find a reasonable human being that doesn't view CL as a 'flea market' and attempt to 'haggle' you down to nothing.

But 9 times outta 10 I'd rather pull my listings from CL and just use the item(s) myself than waste my time with half of the jokers from there.

I don't understand the reasoning behind things like this? Launching a new store and putting up an suspiciously cheap item (usually consoles or other expensive items), getting orders and just cancelling them? To get traffic to the store or just want to waste people's time?

If they aren't scamming you and trying to just take the money, then why do something like this? I've seen this happen on lots of occasions over time with newly launched stores and cheap items, most of the time they just get the orders cancelled and the money refunded?

Maybe it's a future scammer testing out the amazon system to see how fast he would get his money if he actually wanted to steal it.

Because they hope buyers will add expensive games and such. They would only cancel the system but not the games and stuff so youd get stuck with those maybe.

[quote name='scottman']Maybe it's a future scammer testing out the amazon system to see how fast he would get his money if he actually wanted to steal it.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be the most likely reason. These clowns likely saw that they wouldn't get any of their money until they shipped and balked at the idea.

bread's done
Back