NECA Portal 2 P-Body Gun From Amazon

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
I got my item in today, it was supposed to arrive on Tuesday but arrived a day early. I posting this to kind of warn others. I am livid about the experience and still dealing with amazon in trying to resolve this.

Here are the images of my item.

As you can see...amazon shipped it by itself. No outter box at all. In fact they stuck the shipping label right on the outside of it. I am really ticked off about this. I contacted them as soon as I saw it at my front door this afternoon.

At first all they would do is offer me 20% ($28) which to me was just unacceptable since at this point unless I want to pay eBay/amazon market/3rd party prices I can't even replace it. They are going to try and look for a replacement, good luck with that, but more power to em if they want to waste time. If they can't they are going to contact me to see what else can be done.

The thing is I don't think they were sent to amazon the same was as the 1st guns were. I can see nothing on mine that indicates it was shipped to amazon. Perhaps it is under the new shipping label that was used to send it to me.

From what I understand NECA sent the first guns to amazon without any packaging and amazon used adequate protection in sending them to the customer, but they were already damaged due to NECA. This time around it seems NECA did it right, but amazon screwed up.

Amazon sent me the first gun just like the one you just got, no additional packaging :cry: I know a few others who got them the same way.

Ah, I did not know that, I never got the first one so I did not know it happened in the past.

[quote name='orangecrush']I don't know what you are complaining about. That box looks like it isn't damaged at all. I'll bet your gun works perfectly. ;)[/QUOTE]

Shut up Ethan :booty:

That horrible packaging tape that is covering all the edges is on every single one of these. I received mine direct from NECA last week, double-boxed, and it still had that tape all over it. It was on all of the original ones, too. I thought that they might have done that to the originals because they were shipped individually without any extra packaging to the retailers, but it seems that is just their inexpensive way of sealing the box. I do have to say that the one you received is not in bad condition at all. I agree that Amazon should have double-boxed it, but the dents and scuff marks on the box are minimal compared to some of the extremely damaged originals that people received.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Was the gun alright?[/QUOTE]

I haven't opened it yet till I am done dealing with amazon. It seems to feel OK, I don't hear any rattling inside at all.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I haven't opened it yet till I am done dealing with amazon. It seems to feel OK, I don't hear any rattling inside at all.[/QUOTE]

I bought two from Amazon and they both arrived today in a form fitting outer cardboard box. NECA shipped them to Amazon that way and then Amazon put a label over NECA's label.

I'm unsure as to why yours was shipped without that box.

[quote name='GBAstar']I bought two from Amazon and they both arrived today in a form fitting outer cardboard box. NECA shipped them to Amazon that way and then Amazon put a label over NECA's label.

I'm unsure as to why yours was shipped without that box.[/QUOTE]

Well that pisses me off even more. So they had these in boxes already and they chose to remove mine from it and treat it badly.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']this ain't doing so hot on ebay glad i didn't get any[/QUOTE]

Because that is the only reason to ever buy one, right?

i got mine from NECAs store and it was double boxed... not from amazon though.

also, yeah who cares if resale is not high. I bought mine for me. but also I guess I wouldnt care if my outer box is damaged either really.... Ill prob throw it away eventually anyway.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']i got mine from NECAs store and it was double boxed... not from amazon though.

also, yeah who cares if resale is not high. I bought mine for me. but also I guess I wouldnt care if my outer box is damaged either really.... Ill prob throw it away eventually anyway.[/QUOTE]

Was the actual product box 's ends covered in tape like the OP's was? Got mine from Amazon, and the tape looks uglier than any of the minimal damage that was done to the box during shipping.

Every retailer that got the Portal guns shipped the item like this. It's been stated several times on this site (and many others) so it shouldn't be a surprise by now.

I have seen much worse conditions than just having stickers on them (which can be removed fairly easily with a hair dryer) so consider yourself lucky.

As a side note, is the UPC for this item 634482450666 ? Hard to read from the picture. Looking for one locally.

[quote name='HydroX']Every retailer that got the Portal guns shipped the item like this. It's been stated several times on this site (and many others) so it shouldn't be a surprise by now.

I have seen much worse conditions than just having stickers on them (which can be removed fairly easily with a hair dryer) so consider yourself lucky.

As a side note, is the UPC for this item 634482450666 ? Hard to read from the picture. Looking for one locally.[/QUOTE]

That's incorrect. This is basically the 2nd edition and it just released. Unlike the first portal gun that wasn't shipped in a shipping box this one was supposed to be; it clearly states on NECA's website that this will be double boxed.

Both units I received were double boxed.

[quote name='HydroX']Every retailer that got the Portal guns shipped the item like this. It's been stated several times on this site (and many others) so it shouldn't be a surprise by now.

As a side note, is the UPC for this item 634482450666 ? Hard to read from the picture. Looking for one locally.[/QUOTE]

Um not true. As two people states here NECA shipped them properly and someone who got two from amazon got them in boxes. So it is not how they are all shipped. Also, just because we know it has happened and there are worse condition ones out there does NOT excuse this from happening.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I know NECA can't control it, but they should be aware of the situation that amazon is creating with their product(s).[/QUOTE]

If it was double boxed, I'm wondering why they would remove the second box. It seems like it wouldn't add much weight and it would much faster to ship the guns as they are, rather than open the box from NECA.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Vinny']If it was double boxed, I'm wondering why they would remove the second box. It seems like it wouldn't add much weight and it would much faster to ship the guns as they are, rather than open the box from NECA.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

NECA never specified how the guns would be shipped from retailers. They just meant that it would be shipped double boxed from their own store.

[quote name='confoosious']NECA never specified how the guns would be shipped from retailers. They just meant that it would be shipped double boxed from their own store.[/QUOTE]

^ This. ;)

I was just about to post that.

If someone got theirs from Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon? or another seller?) double boxed I'd consider them lucky. How many people reported that they got it double boxed? A handful? Everyone else seems to be complaining -- and I'd say rightfully so if your box was completely trashed, but these are easily removable stickers. Get over it. You're not going to receive a perfect box. Just be glad you got one, because there are TONS of people that didn't get in on this and would probably pay a decent sum ($200 and up according to eBay for the P-Body version, $300+ for the blue) for it.

Also, to whomever stated that NECA should know how Amazon is treating their product: #-o

[quote name='HydroX']^ This. ;)

I was just about to post that.

If someone got theirs from Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon? or another seller?) double boxed I'd consider them lucky. How many people reported that they got it double boxed? A handful? Everyone else seems to be complaining -- and I'd say rightfully so if your box was completely trashed, but these are easily removable stickers. Get over it. You're not going to receive a perfect box. Just be glad you got one, because there are TONS of people that didn't get in on this and would probably pay a decent sum ($200 and up according to eBay for the P-Body version, $300+ for the blue) for it.

Also, to whomever stated that NECA should know how Amazon is treating their product: #-o[/QUOTE]

Stop. Both of my P-body orders came from Amazon and they were both double boxed; in fact they STILL hard the carton sticker from NECA to Amazon on the outer box as well which means at least some of these units were shipped from NECA to Amazon in an outer box.

NECA took a beating on their FB page regarding the condition of the original portal guns. It makes no sense for them to pull a "We'll only ship it properly if you buy it from us directly"

Got mine in from Amazon on Monday. No outer box, but the labels came off in under ten minutes. I was definitely more peeved about the tape used to seal the openings. That did more cosmetic damage to the box than anything that happened in shipping. But if I'm understanding things correctly, that tape was Neca's fault.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Got mine in from Amazon on Monday. No outer box, but the labels came off in under ten minutes. I was definitely more peeved about the tape used to seal the openings. That did more cosmetic damage to the box than anything that happened in shipping. But if I'm understanding things correctly, that tape was Neca's fault.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that tape was used on the original Portal gun too. Not sure why NECA made the box like that

[quote name='GBAstar']Stop. Both of my P-body orders came from Amazon and they were both double boxed; in fact they STILL hard the carton sticker from NECA to Amazon on the outer box as well which means at least some of these units were shipped from NECA to Amazon in an outer box.

NECA took a beating on their FB page regarding the condition of the original portal guns. It makes no sense for them to pull a "We'll only ship it properly if you buy it from us directly"[/QUOTE]

:roll:

confoosious already said what needed to be said.

NECA has no control over what anyone else does with the guns once they leave their hands.

And this is not to you, but a generalization: Gotta love self entitled fucksticks.

Update on my orders:

I ordered two, one for me and one for the wife. They arrived yesterday, both from amazon. One was in an outer amazon.com box, and one was just by itself with the shipping label. I only opened the one that was shipping label only, and one of the plastic cords running to the light end was broke off near the end, and hanging. I contacted amazon and they apologized, and put me in another order for a new one, with an estimated delivery date of july 10th. We'll see how this goes.

Has anyone had any luck contacting Neca? My portal shipped broken and I sent a ticket in over a week ago without a reply. Getting pretty upset.

[quote name='solsovly']Has anyone had any luck contacting Neca? My portal shipped broken and I sent a ticket in over a week ago without a reply. Getting pretty upset.[/QUOTE]

My friend's Portal Gun came broken, he told me he contacted them through their facebook page and this email address: [email protected]

bread's done
Back