Amazon TV DOTW - Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (DVD) - $45.49

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (DVD) - $45.49

It's been briefly cheaper before ($38.49), but averages $71.04 (via camelcamelcamel)

61XfQFT-6qL._AA300_.jpg

Here's an unboxing video I found on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jxxLbuuM4

Edit: FYI, if you don't care about the book, you can just buy all 3 seasons for $41.26 total on Amazon right now. Or you can get S1 and S3 at Best Buy for $9.99 each.

I haven't seen Brave & The Bold yet (on it's way from Best Buy), but so far I thought Batman Beyond was the absolute most interesting series from start to finish. Don't forget to pick up the uncut Return Of The Joker movie as well. It's not included with the series at all, and it's worth paying a good price for.

As for this box set, I thought it was funny that inside the big box is what looks to me like a bootleg series case that you would find at a flea market. I'd go with the 3 individual releases for $37.50 ($10/$10@best buy/$17.50@amazon) instead of this set unless you're a collector who enjoys the big boxes for display.

Looks to big for me to put somewhere to be honest. Looks bigger than my Sopranos complete set. Thanks for those best buy prices though, I'm going to buy it season by season.

Shame that the boxed set is such a missed opportunity as they added an extra disc with a handful of exclusive extras and had plenty of room to add a few of the crossover episodes from other DC series, particularly the Justice League episode "Epilogue" which completes the Batman Beyond story.

I went for buying the 3 seasons separately to save a few bucks. My animation shelf doesn't have room for non-standard sized cases and I don't feel the need to display Batman Beyond so I'll pass.

Didn't know about the Return of the Joker movie, are all the DVD copies of it uncut or do you have to be careful to buy the right one?

Didn't know about the Return of the Joker movie, are all the DVD copies of it uncut or do you have to be careful to buy the right one?[/QUOTE]

For the most part, the uncut one should be easier to find. It will mention it on the DVD somewhere. If you have a blu player, I just got back from BestBuy. They had it on sale for $7.99 on blu which is the cheapest I've seen it.

Is Amazon adding sales tax in CA yet?

I'm just wondering what's cheaper, getting everything from Amazon? Or as Kerig suggested, getting seasons 1 and 3 from Best Buy (for $10.00 w/ tax) and season 2 on Amazon.

Thanks.

[quote name='UberSwiss']

For the most part, the uncut one should be easier to find. It will mention it on the DVD somewhere. If you have a blu player, I just got back from BestBuy. They had it on sale for $7.99 on blu which is the cheapest I've seen it.[/QUOTE]
I'll have to check in store. Website shows $16.99

Edit: where would the movie fall in chronological order for the series?

[quote name='UberSwiss']Batman Beyond S2 just dropped to $7.85 on Amazon. Fulfilled by Amazon[/QUOTE]

I don't see any fulfilled by Amazon, only +$3 for shipping. Still good price but can't use credit

[quote name='UberSwiss']Batman Beyond S2 just dropped to $7.85 on Amazon. Fulfilled by Amazon[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, I cancelled my $17 order with the Justice League set that hadn't shipped yet. It did have $3 shipping, but still almost $7 cheaper.

[quote name='shadowkast']I don't see any fulfilled by Amazon, only +$3 for shipping. Still good price but can't use credit[/QUOTE]

It was through Electronica Direct. I see they jumped their price up to $17.49 though. I'm hoping they don't end up canceling my order.

As for the movie...it's somewhere towards the middle of the series
at least after the point where he avenges his fathers murder
. If you go into Best Buy there should be a rack right by the registers with a bunch of blus for $7.99. If I'm not mistaken, BB: ROJ was at the top right. The movie looks amazing on blu, btw

bread's done
Back