Selling/shipping on amazon.com

FadeToDark

CAGiversary!
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if I am doing this in the wrong sub-forum I am kind of a noob at this.

Anyhow, I am selling some games on amazon.com and I just sold a copy of GTA San Andreas complete on the original xbox (platinum hits) for $20+3.99 shipping. (then amazon charged me $5.50 in fees).

I was thinking about shipping it in a nice padded envelope through the postal service but I am afraid of getting negative feedback since it wouldn't be in a box. I know most of the time when I get an item (lately) from Amazon it is in one of these envelopes but I wasn't sure if I could do this being a seller and not the company.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

[quote name='FadeToDark']Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if I am doing this in the wrong sub-forum I am kind of a noob at this.

Anyhow, I am selling some games on amazon.com and I just sold a copy of GTA San Andreas complete on the original xbox (platinum hits) for $20+3.99 shipping. (then amazon charged me $5.50 in fees).

I was thinking about shipping it in a nice padded envelope through the postal service but I am afraid of getting negative feedback since it wouldn't be in a box. I know most of the time when I get an item (lately) from Amazon it is in one of these envelopes but I wasn't sure if I could do this being a seller and not the company.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks in advanced for your help![/QUOTE]

Your afraid of getting negative feedback for shipping in an envelope no other reason really? I'm sorry if it comes off as rude I'm genuinely wondering if I misunderstood. Anyways I ship in envelopes all the time to save money on the weight (I ship most items via first class)and I have never gotten negative feedback for doing so.

[quote name='Puppet Master']Your afraid of getting negative feedback for shipping in an envelope no other reason really? I'm sorry if it comes off as rude I'm genuinely wondering if I misunderstood. Anyways I ship in envelopes all the time to save money on the weight (I ship most items via first class)and I have never gotten negative feedback for doing so.[/QUOTE]

I have never really sold anything online and I just don't know if this is an acceptable way of shipping. I want to save money as well and I was just looking for some opinions on this subject.

I also don't want to get negative feedback because this is my first sale on amazon haha. I don't want someone to ruin my selling future because I did something incorrectly.

I usually mail them in bubble mailer envelopes. You can get them in packs for 3-5$ or buy them individually for like .75 cents. Now you can actually buy postage from Amazon with tracking.

[quote name='SweetP1983']I usually mail them in bubble mailer envelopes. You can get them in packs for 3-5$ or buy them individually for like .75 cents. Now you can actually buy postage from Amazon with tracking.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you could purchase postage through amazon. Do you know where I would find that?

[quote name='FadeToDark']I didn't know you could purchase postage through amazon. Do you know where I would find that?[/QUOTE]
Check either order management or the specific order's details.

It's actually slightly cheaper to pay for shipping using PayPal, if you don't mind filling in shipment details manually.

[quote name='Lemstar']Check either order management or the specific order's details.

It's actually slightly cheaper to pay for shipping using PayPal, if you don't mind filling in shipment details manually.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had PayPal it would make everything so much easier. (super long story about a $3 negative balance they won't let me pay and won't let me open a new account).

I did find the shipping info :)

You will be fine using a padded envelope. Ship the game via USPS First class mail using online postage. You get commercial pricing and free delivery confirmation. First class postage is the same as Priority mail but cheaper.

Do you plan on selling a lot of games or just a few?

If you ever get into selling very many items on Amazon, change your account to a professional or merchant account. It costs $39.99 a month, but saves you the current $1 per item charge.

If you ever want some pointers or need advice, shoot me an email. I sell on eBay and Amazon as FigureFiveWholesale. Definitely prefer Amazon over eBay.

[quote name='Sam7point0']If you ever get into selling very many items on Amazon, change your account to a professional or merchant account. It costs $39.99 a month, but saves you the current $1 per item charge.

If you ever want some pointers or need advice, shoot me an email. I sell on eBay and Amazon as FigureFiveWholesale. Definitely prefer Amazon over eBay.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thank you so much for your help. I have a few things listed on my account. I posted them maybe last week or the week before and this is the first sale. So I guess it is going to be just a wait and see business for now haha.

Definitely use padded envelopes, that's all I use, I've easily shipped out more than 100 items and never got less than 5 star feedback. You can get a 25 pack at Sams Club for like $5 if you're planning on selling quite a few games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Definitely use padded envelopes, that's all I use, I've easily shipped out more than 100 items and never got less than 5 star feedback. You can get a 25 pack at Sams Club for like $5 if you're planning on selling quite a few games.[/QUOTE]
This, i got the 25 pack for single games and reuse any packages/envelope from when I buy online. If you're crafty enough you can make your own boxes from cardboard. I've done that a few times and haven't had any issues.

[quote name='trollape74']This, i got the 25 pack for single games and reuse any packages/envelope from when I buy online. If you're crafty enough you can make your own boxes from cardboard. I've done that a few times and haven't had any issues.[/QUOTE]

I just reuse all the envelopes I've gotten from buying games online. Perfect since I have no other use for them.

bread's done
Back