Amazon - Tomb Raider CE $64.99 (360 Only)

Maybe at $50 or less I'd bite. This CE was wayyyyyyy overproduced. Was at TRU in Times Square just a month and they had probably about 100 sitting around behind the counter. Also had dozens of Hitman Absolution CE.

[quote name='Romeo']Maybe at $50 or less I'd bite. This CE was wayyyyyyy overproduced. Was at TRU in Times Square just a month and they had probably about 100 sitting around behind the counter. Also had dozens of Hitman Absolution CE.[/QUOTE]

That isn't typical of the average BB, I've seen 2-3 copies at various stores. But yes it looks like one of those CEs that isn't hard to find, you can still get it at GS, BB, and Newegg for both platforms (And Amazon has the Xbox version for 69.99). I expect it will need another price drop before it starts disappearing. 59.99 maybe.

The game has been on sale for 35-40. 30 dollars for an action figure is steep. Anything special about the figure?

[quote name='nixmahn']The game has been on sale for 35-40. 30 dollars for an action figure is steep. Anything special about the figure?[/QUOTE]

It isn't an action figure, it's from Play Arts Kai. Their retail is $50+.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Waiting till $19.99[/QUOTE]

I think its highly unlikely you'll see it at that kind of price. The CEs that are dropped to that price point are almost always weak games that nobody liked, with questionable items in the CE (Ninja Gaiden 3, Tron, etc)

The figure in this CE is worth $50 at retail, and its a quality game that people actually want to own. CEs at Amazon don't usually make it lower than 50, Best Buy will probably do their usual $64.99 price drop and it'll sell there, so you're left with Gamestop, who may pull their 'convert to used' move, where it'll be a mad scramble to try and find one in your area that hasn't been ganked.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']"Um, hello?" Said Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I forgot about the egg. They're still showing $99, so at the moment they're $20 more than everyone else! Do they ever have cheap CEs? I think I remember getting Uncharted 3 from them for $60 or something.

I got it for $72 @ GameStop....And I haven't opened it yet...Hmmmm....

Edit: Nevermind, it's been over 30 days -_-

[quote name='Needles-Kane']PS3 version has been OOS for a long time and I've only seen ONE of these at the stores. It seems semi-rare.[/QUOTE]

Toysrus, bestbuy, and newegg still have it.

Definitely not OOS

[quote name='nixmahn']The game has been on sale for 35-40. 30 dollars for an action figure is steep. Anything special about the figure?
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

I agree, the price does seems a little steep if you ask me

[quote name='Romeo']It isn't an action figure, it's from Play Arts Kai. Their retail is $50+.[/QUOTE]

I've seen unboxing videos of it. I remember GIJoes in the 80's with posable joints. Other than some replaceable parts (hands),it looks almost build like a GI Joe (just not as detailed), anything special about this action figure for 30 dollars?

if $50+ is MSRP, Play Arts Kai is ripping people off or their cost of production is extravagant compared to action figure makers.

[quote name='nixmahn']I've seen unboxing videos of it. I remember GIJoes in the 80's with posable joints. Other than some replaceable parts (hands),it looks almost build like a GI Joe (just not as detailed), anything special about this action figure for 30 dollars?

if $50+ is MSRP, Play Arts Kai is ripping people off or their cost of production is extravagant compared to action figure makers.[/QUOTE]

PAK does very fancy display box packaging. I see them often though don't own any so I couldn't tell you much about the figures hands on.

You can buy this TR figure separately as well.

http://www.tombraiderstore.com/collectibles/action-figures/lara-croft-play-arts-kai-figure.html

[quote name='airblade']Toysrus, bestbuy, and newegg still have it.

Definitely not OOS[/QUOTE]

I was just referring to Amazon being OOS and at least for the brick and mortar stores are all sold except for a single copy.

[quote name='Desousa93']The action figure.. look up unboxings (bad) tell me when the vanilla hits 30 so I can pm at target[/QUOTE]

non ce was part of 2 for $70 at TRU recently

[quote name='Desousa93']The action figure.. look up unboxings (bad) tell me when the vanilla hits 30 so I can pm at target[/QUOTE]

Fry's has it for $30 in this weeks ad.

I'm holding out for $30, $40 tops, because I've already got it on Steam and am on a second playthrough so I am just getting it for the figure and the cheevos.

I've never seen it at any of the Beast Buys I am shop at. I'm hoping the luck that got me the Halo 3 and Reach Legendary Editions for $60 each, Uncharted 3 CE for $30, and The Old Republic CE for $20 will smile upon me once more.

bread's done
Back