Thank You Cag For The White Version Of The Site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrapple

CAGiversary!
As a 40 year old gamer..  I finally can read the forums for more than a few minutes now.

My eyes thank you (no more strain).

Last edited by a moderator:
The white is fine. It's the font that bothers me. It's so fragile I can barely read the text. It's worse than Comic Sans.

Hopefully we can customize the backdrop ourselves really soon. The white looks too "pure" for me...lol. I miss the green and black

It seems a tad quicker to me, only problem I have is it's way too bright (like a solar flare) and everything seems too narrow.

I prefer the Dark format and am not happy that Feedback has been removed.
Cheapy confirmed that feedback will be re-implemented, everything is very much a work in progress right now. Dark theme is coming back tomorrow.

I think the site looks terrible too. I hope the site is far from it's completed and finished form.

I'm not just talking from an aesthetics POV but also usability!

In the old version, it was very simple to figure out within seconds (a minute, tops) where the blog section was located, the deals section, etc.

The new CAG looks as if it's just a generic template.

In my opinion, if it's not broken, don't fix it.

I remember going home from work and wanting to jump on CAG and participate with the community. This just makes me want to keep away now. It sucks as this was my go to site for any news, deals and media content.

And one huge eyesore is what the white background does for the site. As soon as I come onto the site my eyes are not focused on the white background but instead they are immediately pulled to the huge contrast of a giant blue microsoft advertisement at the top. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you if it was there on the old site because it blended in with all the colors. When you go with a white design scheme, any bit of color pulls your eyes to that source. This is like design 101! I understand the site needs to make money but come on....

Hey Scorch, what about the navigation bar to quickly change between different sections?  That's the thing I miss the most so far, as its harder having to navigate without it (especcially on my phone where I visit the most)

What the hell is this shit?  It not only looks horrible, but fake.  I thought I had screwed up somehow and typed the name in wrong.  It looks like one of those crappy "buy this parked domain" sites.  This is an "improvement" the same way every 360 UI "upgrade" is...

This new site is so white I need sun glasses.
Just like my Albino friend. Seriously though, John said the new dark theme would be available tomorrow. I assume it will slowly start looking more normal as they add features and colors back. I am hoping this very "cookie cutter" look is temporary.

Between the eye-searing pain of the white template and the botched font readability on Windows PCs, this is pretty nasty stuff.

As a 40 year old gamer.. I finally can read the forums for more than a few minutes now.

My eyes thank you (no more strain).

I like it as well, though I will try the dark theme when it comes. I never that liked orange on black theme, made text annoying to read.

I for one like this white theme much better, it's much sleeker.

I don't understand the complaining...90% of forums have white backgrounds.

I think the site looks terrible too. I hope the site is far from it's completed and finished form.

I'm not just talking from an aesthetics POV but also usability!

In the old version, it was very simple to figure out within seconds (a minute, tops) where the blog section was located, the deals section, etc.

The new CAG looks as if it's just a generic template.

In my opinion, if it's not broken, don't fix it.

I remember going home from work and wanting to jump on CAG and participate with the community. This just makes me want to keep away now. It sucks as this was my go to site for any news, deals and media content.

And one huge eyesore is what the white background does for the site. As soon as I come onto the site my eyes are not focused on the white background but instead they are immediately pulled to the huge contrast of a giant blue microsoft advertisement at the top. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you if it was there on the old site because it blended in with all the colors. When you go with a white design scheme, any bit of color pulls your eyes to that source. This is like design 101! I understand the site needs to make money but come on....
Really this sums up my feelings 100%. it looks like the new version of gamefaqs which looks terrible on all levels.

i really dont understand why they changed it nor do i understand who looked at the new layout and said YES THIS IS THE ONE. both the person that made the decision and the one that came up with the layout need to be fired. they failed website design 101 by miles.

hell i could probably find a better generic template to use. it really is like modern design and art. in other words its just some random crap. a generic template, random color use, and the all mighty white background or some other bright color.

It is making my own eyes hurt bad, lol. And sadly there is something terribly wrong with Chrome or with my screen resolution or both together. All the fonts are hardly readable as their upper part looks cut. Also there is a huge white space on both sides of the page which was nicely made to fit the margins of my screen in the previous version. Now it's all cluttered in the middle. 

I agree with Mietha, when I got here I thought this was a crappy domain purchasing site. This is not CAG. The white hurts my eyes and I can't even find anything anymore! The collection/wishlist/etc sections are all gone and it just seems like more of a pain to go anywhere now.

Heaven help any of you who are in the middle of deals with any other CAGs right now. I need darkness to see dammit, and on top of that you've cut off my thumbs...

I hope all the negative feedbacks aren't brushed off as a "knee-jerk-reaction" to fear of change...

I understand that it is due time that CAG get a new face lift, but this is like going to the cheap salon to get the make over... only to be splattered with cheap ink...

Seriously though, I'm on a 30" Dell and I can BARELY read the text.  I have to squint and/or straining really hard to keep reading.

This font is way too... thin/light/small.

I honestly hate the site now! No offense to anyone that likes the white layout but it makes it hard to read text now. Can we not have an option for black background? This is really making me want to only check the site for deals and not waste my time commmenting.

I would seriously pay a 15 dollar fee per year if we can go back to the old site. I think this should be a private, pay site only. Would keep out the lurker a stealing deals and posting them over on slickdeals! Besides, 15 bucks is nothing. I saved so much by being a member on is site. I prefer this site over magazines, etc.

Look, I'm not trying to knock this site intentionally. I'm a daily user. Your podcasts are great. End of story. But it can definitely be better than this.

Take my money. Go back to the old look. And let's talk deals already!

do not like, the mobile one is white, lets get the old dark one back so I can start using this forum again

I've been using CAG for many years now and it's really jarring to see the new site, especially without the sidebars, Twitter feeds,  etc.  I hope it's not finished, but I trust CheapyD and the gang to get things right. 

I first thought that the site was broken or my video card was borking up. I'm glad to see thats not the issue. I agree with those saying that it looks like a place holder for one of those for sale domains, that or when the site isn't loading properly.

Maybe its just my oldmaness though, but im not liking this change. Im  hoping i'm just jumping the gun here and this is all work in progress and far from the complete version.

Mobil sight is pretty awesome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back