Really want a PS3 but Amazon is letting me down, shouldn't have waited

MrBigFeathas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Sorry I have to rant.....

I have Amazon Gift cards and I was going to get a PS3 but I figured I should wait for E3 in case there was a price drop. 

Prior to E3 The bundles I was considering were:

The Amazon Exclusive 250GB Entertainment bundle (Playstation All-Stars, Ratchet & Clank collection, and media remote) = $250

250GB Uncharted GOTY Bundle = $270

500GB God of War Bundle = $300

So, I said If the price doesn't go down I'll just pick it up after E3 regardlesss. So June 7th rolls around and the Amazon Exclusive bundle goes out of stock... crap, that was the bundle I wanted most. Called Amazon and they said they probably wouldn't get anymore at this point. OK, well wait for E3 and get one of the other two.

E3 happens, no price drop. Ok go get the PS3.... Uncharted bundle out of stock also, and God of War bundle has been bumped up to $350. WTF? Amazon is the retailer charging the most for something? 

So here I sit wanting a PS3 but I needs to be from Amazon and being a CAG I am definitely unwilling to pay more than I could have just a week ago. 

Looks like my cheapness did me in. Hopefully the GoW bundle drops back down or the others come back in stock. Was looking forward to all the PS3 exclusives I never played for the summer.

Thank you for listening to my ranting.

You know... you don't have to buy from Amazon.  The Gift card will always be there.  Buy the PS3 somewhere else and buy games with your GC.

You know... you don't have to buy from Amazon. The Gift card will always be there. Buy the PS3 somewhere else and buy games with your GC.
Yeah, but that was the only reason I was getting it, because I can use gift cards to buy it. My wife wouldn't go for me just buying it outright.

Just wait for black friday. The bundles will be 200 or less.
Might have to I guess, was just hoping to play it through the summer.

Yeah, just wait. The PS3 isn't going anywhere. There's still games coming out for it and I'm sure Sony will release an awesome holiday bundle.

Sell the gift card(s) for a slight loss, buy a bundle elsewhere.
Unfortunately it is a gift card balance, not actual gift cards. So already tied to my account. I never thought in a million years it would be hard or more expensive to get a hold of one from Amazon.

What about the $300 one with infamous 2 and gt v? I think that is the new 500gb Sony bundle that replaced the other one.

I feel you man. Was really looking forward to grabbing a PS3 post E3. I'm going to wait until BF now, but I get your frustration. Amazon is known for shifting prices around.

Seems odd that these sell out around E3. Maybe people are already starting to jump ship? Or maybe Sony is planning on another bundle?

What about the $300 one with infamous 2 and gt v? I think that is the new 500gb Sony bundle that replaced the other one.
I just don't really have any interest in either game. Where I definitely want to get the Uncharted series and God of War series. I didn't care much about Playstation All-Stars or the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy either but that Amazon bundle was the cheapest.

I was hoping for the Wii U to get a price drop, but that didn't happen either. But none of this is amazon's fault so I don't get why you are angry at them.

I just don't really have any interest in either game. Where I definitely want to get the Uncharted series and God of War series. I didn't care much about Playstation All-Stars or the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy either but that Amazon bundle was the cheapest.
You're welcome :)

You're welcome :)
The Uncharted bundle hasn't show in stock for me since I posted. It's available from other sellers through Amazon for $300, is that what you mean? I was looking for the $270 price that it has been at recently.

The Uncharted bundle hasn't show in stock for me since I posted. It's available from other sellers through Amazon for $300, is that what you mean? I was looking for the $270 price that it has been at recently.
Check through the other sellers, there is one for $270 but shipping is high as hell. Or another one from a just launched business.

Check through the other sellers, there is one for $270 but shipping is high as hell. Or another one from a just launched business.
Yeah I saw those. I like sticking with Amazon for the customer service in case I need it. Thanks.

Well now I have a bunch of games on the way that will be sitting there until one of these systems comes back or drops in price. I picked up Uncharted 1-3, Heavy Rain, Heavenly Sword, and Little Big Planet 2 so far. C'mon Amazon.

have you ever considered an amazon warehouse deal? the god of war bundle has been on there as low as $207. these are of course usually used, but if you watch the descriptions you can occasionally get one like new.

bread's done
Back