Ign.com's new look

MrBrando

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Holy crap what is that?! The site was messed up before with it's missing graphics, but nowit's just an eye sore. It's so culttered which isn't even needed because they have huge pics and empty space all over the main page. Oh well, I'm sure they'll keep it because they think it looks better like gamespot did.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It's not nearly as bad as GameFAQs' new look.... ::cries::[/quote]

Agreed...unfortunately.

The fact that both sites do a relatively major redesign (the board were redone last night on GFAQs, the one part that hadn't been changed yet) on the same night is odd. I smell a conspiracy... :shock:

/waits for CAG home page to change while he's at school

Its funny how IGN said they made the change because the last look made it hard to find things. Who complained about the last look being too difficult? At the top, main headline,next to it was three-four smaller headlines. I don't want to see the same damn top story on all the system home pages!

I do like the "Recent News" thing in the right-hand column below the ad. In the old design it was more difficult to get caught up on news if you hadn't visited the site in a few days. I also see that as a great feature for when E3 rolls around.

My only problem with the new layout is that they added a lot more images. Normally I like images, but their servers have never been the speediest around (at least in my experience), and this just adds to the traffic and slows it down more.

I find IGNs new look very convoluted. A mish-mash of ads, links, and images with no real sense of flow. I see skyscraper ads can be twice as wide! *groan* I wish IGN was half as concerned about their site's performance issues as they are their ad revenue. I know ads are how they pay the bills, but the slow-ass loading time makes me get my news from other sources.

One bright spot was the large box in the lower righthand side of the screen which listed all of the day's news.

My biggest complaint with it is that you can't tell if the four sub stories below the main story are for a review, preview, or what. As far as I can see. It is just a small pic and the title of the game they will be talking about.

I haven't really poked around with it enough to know if I'll have other problems or not :lol: I will say that it seems too busy, but maybe it will grow on me.

I had to save All Updates to my favorites as I could not find a link to it on the Gamespot anywhere.

I don't wanna be a stick in the mud, but when most sites upgrade I hate it (as navigation seems to come second to looking cool)

o and BTW the only thing that even makes me want to keep my insider status after this horrible update is the person that always gets bashed. Yes I mean Fran. Every time I wrote him he stuck it in the mailbag (except the one I sent thanking him for anwsering both the things I asked)

The new look is awful. The adds are frighteningly large. They should have one of those warnings they put before lightgun games. Like you may have siezures from going to this website.

yeah the new ign blows, the pictures and ads and articles all mush together. You can't tell at a glance what is worth reading. I'm sure it was done so that the ads look like content, but I'm not some moron who is going to fall for it.

[quote name='karmapolice620']I dont know why they bash fran...He gives good updates and reviews... :/[/quote]

Well he shows bias in alot of his work. He mentions in the mk da h2h that 480p is unplayable on xbox and more recently he says that the gamecube version of pop looks the best.

On the other hand he gives more realistic reviews than many of the other guys on ign. Most notably ign xbox how does doax get a great review?

Holy crap. I knew about IGN's redesign, but I didn't know GameFAQs was changed.

GameFaqs doesn't look THAT bad, but IGN looks totally unprofessional. I was just getting used to their last design too.

[quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='karmapolice620']I dont know why they bash fran...He gives good updates and reviews... :/[/quote]

Well he shows bias in alot of his work. He mentions in the mk da h2h that 480p is unplayable on xbox and more recently he says that the gamecube version of pop looks the best.

On the other hand he gives more realistic reviews than many of the other guys on ign. Most notably ign xbox how does doax get a great review?[/quote]

all i remember him saying was that he prefered the GCN version due to the controller

bread's done
Back