PS4 Voice Chat - Audio output through tv speakers ?

Sorry if this has been discussed but I've been searching without an answer and sony support only said that there will be audio/bluetooth updates in the future while trying to sell me the camera lol

Can you have the voice chat on (w/ mic input) with Audio output>tv speakers?

like i said, searched a lot and also tried many ways w/ settings without anything. Any jerry rigs thatve worked?

thanks.

(merry christmas)

I poked around and it doesn't seem to be possible yet. They tried to sell the camera becuz it obviously doesn't have a speaker of its own, so the audio comes out of the tv. For now just hold out. I'm sure a title update for all the little stuff is being worked on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="chrislisting" post="11380074" timestamp="1387852415"]Sorry if this has been discussed but I've been searching without an answer and sony support only said that there will be audio/bluetooth updates in the future while trying to sell me the camera lol

Can you have the voice chat on (w/ mic input) with Audio output>tv speakers?

like i said, searched a lot and also tried many ways w/ settings without anything. Any jerry rigs thatve worked?

thanks.

(merry christmas)[/quote]

When you hook up a Mic that the ps4 supports you hold the ps middle button and you have two options all audio or Mic only. If you choose Mic only then the volume will come through the t.v. if you choose all audio it will come through the headset. Hope that helps!

thanks ,  panda you're right i think. and killersmoke i think you might have misunderstood me or im doing it wrong. i want the voice chat output to come to my tv speakers, not through the ear piece on the headset, but the mic doesnt go on unlesss the headset is connected which by default makes the voice chat output only on the headset earpiece (not bluetooth fyi) . but thanks anyway

also, doesnt seem like ps3 eye works for mic in and tv audio chat out (like the way the ps4 would work for mic chat only, not video recognition)

bread's done
Back