slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
  • PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)
  • SQUARE ENIX
  • T - Teen
  • RPG
  • FINAL FANTASY X-2 available as download only. Voucher included. Internet Connection Required.

QUESTION 

FF X-2    you only need internet to  DOWNLOAD THE GAME RIGHT. YOU dont need to be online to play it

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct, you do NOT need to be online to play that game. You WILL need to connect to the internet to download the game. It was an offline/single player game if I recall correctly. The only thing you'll need to worry about is having enough space on your memory card.

Correct, you do NOT need to be online to play that game. You WILL need to connect to the internet to download the game. It was an offline/single player game if I recall correctly. The only thing you'll need to worry about is having enough space on your memory card.
yea was going to buy it until i found out each game is going to be like 3.5 GB.

what is sort of weird unless im missing something but the

VITA total is like 7 GB

but the

PS 3 verison is like 32 GB

though it was going to be the same game.

not really sure if the game is worth 40 though i do have a 40 buck newegg gift card that expires MARCH 24 could use and get it free

also sucks the ps3 gets a LE but the vita dont

yea was going to buy it until i found out each game is going to be like 3.5 GB.

what is sort of weird unless im missing something but the

VITA total is like 7 GB

but the

PS 3 verison is like 32 GB

though it was going to be the same game.

not really sure if the game is worth 40 though i do have a 40 buck newegg gift card that expires MARCH 24 could use and get it free
Well, the way I look at it is I'll be buying it on Vita, so I only need 3.5GB (roughly) on my 8GB memory card, which I think I can manage. I was also thinking about upgrading to a 16GB card, but I digress. $40 gets us TWO FULL games, remastered in HD...So even if we assume $20 each, that's still a pretty damn good price for both games. And as for the PS3 vs PS Vita sizes, I would imagine they didn't have to compress much on the PS3 version (videos, assets, audio).

EDIT: here's a comparison video of the two versions, just to give you an idea of why the Vita version is smaller in filesize. Also, the PS Vita's resolution is only 960x540, its not quite 720p HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9TICro5B-I

I've never played it, but I am thinking about picking it up so I have so more things to play on Vita. I don't think I'd have enough time to play both though before Borderlands 2 comes out, and that's gonna be my time sink on the Vita. Plus I still need to finish Persona.

I believe the collectors or special edition does exactly that. I'm on my phone but I'll try to find the link. I think it was the $79.99 version.

What are the odds this price drops $10 within the first month? Living in Canada, the game is $44.99 at EB Games, so I'd like to wait for it to hit under $40.

What are the odds this price drops $10 within the first month? Living in Canada, the game is $44.99 at EB Games, so I'd like to wait for it to hit under $40.
i was thinking of buying it but going to rent it off gamefly. I dont have 3.5 GB to download part 2 anyways

It seems like it sold very well in Japan, so if retailers level their expectations based on that it might be a while before price drops. Especially if the print run isn't super high. But who knows really. I preordered the vita version because I don't actually expect to see too many copies printed and second hand copies will most likely be missing half the package due to the download for X-2.

It seems like it sold very well in Japan, so if retailers level their expectations based on that it might be a while before price drops. Especially if the print run isn't super high. But who knows really. I preordered the vita version because I don't actually expect to see too many copies printed and second hand copies will most likely be missing half the package due to the download for X-2.
If I can sell my X-2 code for $15, I think I would call the transaction a success. I don't have much interest in X-2 and I'm sure it'll go on PSN sooner or later (same with X).

If I can sell my X-2 code for $15, I think I would call the transaction a success. I don't have much interest in X-2 and I'm sure it'll go on PSN sooner or later (same with X).
this is why im thnking of NOT BUYING IT .... if someone is going to dump off X-2 cheap like this i would rather have it then 2 for 40

If it's confirmed X-2 can be sold/traded, you can have my code for $15.
take the 1 off and its a deal :) dont know why it could not be traded its not like its linked to your account

going to see if i can clear off 3.5 GB off my card but tempted so freaking tempted

take the 1 off and its a deal :) dont know why it could not be traded its not like its linked to your account

going to see if i can clear off 3.5 GB off my card but tempted so freaking tempted
I'm also open to trading for other codes/games. The 18th will be here soon enough :)

I'm also open to trading for other codes/games. The 18th will be here soon enough :)
what other games you looking for going to be a major pain downloading that freaking game though 3.5 gb be around 2 hours on my end LOL

what other games you looking for going to be a major pain downloading that freaking game though 3.5 gb be around 2 hours on my end LOL
Ouch. As for other games...I'm not really sure. There are plenty that are on my list, but none that are must have (yet). FFX is the only game currently that I'm really looking forward to. What I SHOULD do is buy a 16GB memory card (and trade in my 8GB for a couple dollars?) BEFORE FFX comes out.

EDIT: I get paid on the 14th so maybe I'll do that. I'll need to backup my saves first.

I'm surprised they didn't do something like Sony did with the ps3 games with the PSvita copies included for free.  You know, you insert the game into the system, and it says "redeem free copy of X"

I'm surprised they didn't do something like Sony did with the ps3 games with the PSvita copies included for free. You know, you insert the game into the system, and it says "redeem free copy of X"
I'm not surprised, SE is third-party after all.

if anyone is looking at dumping the X-2 code pm me ..  SYN  i saw your in canada and i dont think you can use the  codes here in the states .

if anyone is looking at dumping the X-2 code pm me .. SYN i saw your in canada and i dont think you can use the codes here in the states .
My Vita and PSN account are US-based so I should be fine. We'll see. I'm currently thinking $15-20 for the code, depending on the going rate at launch. Will definitely be looking to dump the code and focus on X.

My Vita and PSN account are US-based so I should be fine. We'll see. I'm currently thinking $15-20 for the code, depending on the going rate at launch. Will definitely be looking to dump the code and focus on X.
okay cool. just got stuck a few years back with a canada psn card that i could never use (lucky was able to dump it here) if your looking around 15 bucks i buy it off you. Do you know when your getting it (day 1 or later)

okay cool. just got stuck a few years back with a canada psn card that i could never use (lucky was able to dump it here) if your looking around 15 bucks i buy it off you. Do you know when your getting it (day 1 or later)
I'll be getting it the day my EB Games has it. Hopefully day 1 since it's a fairly popular game.

EDIT: absolute worst case, the code doesn't work and we cancel the transaction.

Don't see why anyone would want X-2 and not X along with it. Although I can definitely see this cheaper down the road, it's going to be a day one for me.

Don't see why anyone would want X-2 and not X along with it. Although I can definitely see this cheaper down the road, it's going to be a day one for me.

X is probably on the second tier level of FF games (behind IV, VI and VII which I hold in the highest regard amongst the series).

X-2 is nowhere near as good as X, but it does continue on with the story of X. Had X-2 not been released, I would have been perfectly happy with the ending in X.

I do agree with you though in that it is a day 1 purchase. It is worth the $40 for X alone IMHO.

[quote name="keithp" post="11599641" timestamp="1394511945"]Don't see why anyone would want X-2 and not X along with it. Although I can definitely see this cheaper down the road, it's going to be a day one for me.[/quote]

X-2 simply doesn't interest me at this point in time. Canada is already paying $5 more so i might as well try to recovery as much $$ as I can if possible.

Perhaps in the future in will pick X-2 up of its available separately online. Right now, $15 seems like a reasonable price for it.

X-2 simply doesn't interest me at this point in time. Canada is already paying $5 more so i might as well try to recovery as much $$ as I can if possible.

Perhaps in the future in will pick X-2 up of its available separately online. Right now, $15 seems like a reasonable price for it.
That's what I'm saying. I can understand someone wanting X and not X-2, but not the other way around. Then again, it's a Slidecage thread after all...

That's what I'm saying. I can understand someone wanting X and not X-2, but not the other way around. Then again, it's a Slidecage thread after all...
People who have access to places like gamefly can RENT FF X and beat it im trying to stop Buying video games that is why i would rather just Rent X and buy FF X-2 cheap instead of paying 40 for both.

Picking up my copy tomorrow after work. Should hopefully be home by 7PM at the latest.
may be interested in buying X-2 if your selling it... I might just buy the entire game. Depends if best buy gets it or not.

newegg one was cancelled due to lack of items

Best buy still says coming soon and its not in the system

Gamefly did not get them today and was told they have no clue when or if they will get them

I'm still interested in selling. When I get home I'll see how the code setup is any what the requirements are (if any). We'll go from there.

EDIT: according to the EU PS Blog site;

PlayStation Vita owners can get both games in one package, with Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on the PlayStation Vita gamecard and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster accessible via a redeemable download code (inside the box) to be used on the PlayStation Store.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/16/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-ps-vita-release-date/

Sounds like a regular code. So yeah, assuming the above is correct, all I'm asking for is $15.

Learn to read.  I have played FFX so I don't want to play it again.

I haven't played FFX-2 so I do want to play it on the Vita.

Learn to read.  I have played FFX so I don't want to play it again.

I haven't played FFX-2 so I do want to play it on the Vita.
I have FF X on PS2... played it (a lot)... sold it... bought it again because I wanted to play, heard HD version was coming in 2 years... stopped playing PS2, been waiting for HD version. I am going to pick up the HD version for PS vita, when the PS vita borderlands 2 bundle is released next month. X is a fun game (in my opinion).

As well, I had X-2. It never caught my attention.

I have FF X on PS2... played it (a lot)... sold it... bought it again because I wanted to play, heard HD version was coming in 2 years... stopped playing PS2, been waiting for HD version. I am going to pick up the HD version for PS vita, when the PS vita borderlands 2 bundle is released next month. X is a fun game (in my opinion).

As well, I had X-2. It never caught my attention.
Haha, that's exactly what I did. Sold FFX for pennies... bought it for 20$ or so on PS2... heard HD version coming out two years ago, stopped playing... bought on PS3 and Vita earlier this month.

Also had X-2, which I sold. I could care less about it.

Man, Its crazy playing this game again and remembering back to all the things I did on the PS2 vs. all the crap I really dont feel like doing playing it now.  I guess it could be that I just had less other games sitting in the backlog, or my skills have withered in the 10ish years since I've played it last, but I just have no drive to do the Blitzball stuff for Wakka's weap, Lightning dodging, or 0.00 second chocobo racing.

I've been trying for the chocobo one since that should be the quickest of the 3 to obtain, but man, I'm just not able to dodge the birds like I used to.  I also apparently screwed myself out of getting Anima because now I have to fight Dark Aeons every-time I go back to a temple and they just instakill my parties with an ultimate attack at the beginning.

Man, Its crazy playing this game again and remembering back to all the things I did on the PS2 vs. all the crap I really dont feel like doing playing it now.  I guess it could be that I just had less other games sitting in the backlog, or my skills have withered in the 10ish years since I've played it last, but I just have no drive to do the Blitzball stuff for Wakka's weap, Lightning dodging, or 0.00 second chocobo racing.

I've been trying for the chocobo one since that should be the quickest of the 3 to obtain, but man, I'm just not able to dodge the birds like I used to.  I also apparently screwed myself out of getting Anima because now I have to fight Dark Aeons every-time I go back to a temple and they just instakill my parties with an ultimate attack at the beginning.
Same feeling as well. I just don't want to bother with all that extra crap.

Are the saves for these games region free? 

I have the PS3 version, but I kind of want the physical version of Final Fantasy X-2.  I was thinking about importing Final Fantasy X-2 from Play-Asia.

Will I be able to transfer my North American PS3 version saves of Final Fantasy X-2 to a Asia Vita version of Final Fantasy X-2?

bread's done
Back