Originally Posted by IkedaTeramusa
It's NOT like WoW.
I told people over on the Steam thread, and I'll say it here.
Do NOT review the game until you have done 2 things:
1) Kingsmouth Code - You get this quest from the Priest in Solomon's Island, just past the Sherriffs station.
2) Do Polaris (first instance) - Recommended at QL2-3.
Do those. If those don't make you go WHOA, then the game will be a bust. But I'd be willing to bet it'd satisfy the urge for most people.
(mind you, using a walkthrough on the Kingsmouth code will defeat the purpose and leave you wanting)
Thanks for the heads-up! I'm just beginning to do quests in Kingsmouth and am totally loving the amazing variety of quests. I haven't really played an MMO since I first played Guild Wars around launch, so TSW is, to me, a real breath of fresh air.
- The real world merged with secret societies, occult, and all other types of cool magiclike things is really neat.
- Combat so far is a lot of fun and feels snappy and responsive. Even with two starting skills I feel like I'm really making an impact and kicking ass right away. I'm tired of feeling like a baby lamb when I start some RPGs.
- Quest structure is terrific. I haven't played an MMO in ages but I am truly enjoying the variety and multi-tiered nature of the quests. In other words, you're not just filling a quota or fetching something all the time. I feel like they add to the story and give you a sense of being a part of the world.
- I haven't joined a group yet, but so far I really like how TSW handles solo play. In a way it's as if they considered casual, single players like me first rather than design around group play. Having said that, I do look forward to playing with you guys and gals online because these powers and skills are just too fun not to use them in a group
Tony, thanks for the awesome deal on this game. I think the combination of the price and subscription fee drop was the perfect storm this holiday season.
TSW CAGS, thanks so much for championing this game these last couple of months. I would never, ever have looked into it unless so many of you justified your praise for it.
My character is "Bugtong" on Grim, so please add me to the CAG group
P.S. Oh, and to confirm, YES, I did get Issue #5, so hopefully the rest of your post-midnight purchasers/registrants also get this along with the December goodies.