(DEAD) Dark Souls Xbox 360 GWG Glitch (Coming Up Free Even without Gold Membership)

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Dark Souls Xbox 360 GWG Glitch (Coming Up Free Even without Gold)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-NZ/Product/Dark-Souls/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024e4d083a

DEAL IS DEAD. GLITCH BEEN FIXED IT LOOK LIKE

AOaVkVG.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize my Gold had already expired and downloaded it.  Hopefully they won't charge my credit card as I see a "Pending Transaction" from Microsoft when I log into my credit card account.

I will let CAGers know if I see an actual transaction posted in the next day or two as I know a lot of times these go away.

Though I also had credit on my account still and that wasn't deducted so I'm guessing this is legit.  Maybe some sort of mix-up with the new program changes coming.

Even as free, its asking for a credit card. 

I stopped there, dont want M$ to have my info, so cannot confirm if it works or not.

Even as free, its asking for a credit card.

I stopped there, dont want M$ to have my info, so cannot confirm if it works or not.
Ditto.

Ever since they updated the security protocol for XBL accounts, it's been nothing but a hassle dealing with them. Thanks OP, but there's no reason for them to require a credit card for FREE items.

They'll nail you for "Xbox Marketplace Theft". I got banned, and that's when my Xbox got unplugged.
Thousands of people are going to jump on it, even by accident, so I doubt it'll be that bad. Did ask for my CC info too, which was already on-file, but no pending transactions.

Website always required a credit card, even on legit free things like demos. This is nothing new for the past year

Don't they usually honor stuff that accidentally gets put up for free? I'm vaguely remembering that guardian of light was free for a bit awhile back before they started games with gold.

Don't they usually honor stuff that accidentally gets put up for free? I'm vaguely remembering that guardian of light was free for a bit awhile back before they started games with gold.
Ben 10 The Rise of Hex was also free, I picked it up and nothing happened

They'll nail you for "Xbox Marketplace Theft". I got banned, and that's when my Xbox got unplugged.

I don't know, I would still be cautious about this. MS is not the type to give up things for "free"
Relax with the paranoia. They've only banned for this sort of thing once and it involved doing some shady shit anyways that we all knew we weren't supposed to be doing (making fake foreign accounts, adjusting our console's locale, etc).

This is just a price mistake, which they've never punished for in the past (see: Ben 10: Rise of Hex).

Everyone should feel free to get in on this, there won't be any repercussions, but if you're paranoid, do it on console with no payment method attached.

Even MS isn't crazy enough to do something stupid like mass bannings a week before E3.

Tried to grab it through a spare silver account because apparently I can't pass up a deal (already have it on my gold account) but I don't have a credit card attached to that account and too much work for something I already own...)

Was there any repercussions to people getting strider free? That didnt require anything shady like lying about region but its ms so you never know

Was there any repercussions to people getting strider free? That didnt require anything shady like lying about region but its ms so you never know
When did people get Strider free?
actually yes the strider free is totally different then this situation and was a bit shady especially since it was before the game was even released. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327221-strider-free-on-xbox-one/

You had to take extra steps to force the free game in that situation with this one you don't it right on the marketplace page in plain sight no extra steps required. not even close to the same situation.

Already have it in physical form on the 360, plus the import Prepare to Die Edition on the PS3, but what the hell, I love this freaking game. I'll take another copy in digital form. Thanks OP.

thanks OP.

although for me the xbox.com website won't let me download it....but I can on the console. hurray for free digital backlog!!!

When did people get Strider free?
Strider showed up free on Xbox One if you checked someone that had it in their Recent Activity. This was before the game's official release, too.

It was posted on here, then spread to other sites. Lots of people talked about "oh don't do it, you'll get banned", but not a single person got banned for it, and it's just fear-mongering, just like always.

I wish we could ban those people from the forums. They have no basis for what action, if any, that Microsoft would do, and just want to spread misinformation.

Website always required a credit card, even on legit free things like demos. This is nothing new for the past year
No CC/debit-card was required when Fable 2 price-glitched a few years back (ep1 dl'd the full game), which was the last time I acquired something through the website. Granted, I barely DL anything from XBL anymore (especially after they added all the stupid security hoops you need to jump through) so it was a surprise to me at least.

Anyways, I tried Spoderman's suggestion and just checked on the 360 directly w/ my Silver account. Totally worked through there, thanks again OP.

I wish we could ban those people from the forums. They have no basis for what action, if any, that Microsoft would do, and just want to spread misinformation.
Advising caution should not be a ban-able offense.

Strider showed up free on Xbox One if you checked someone that had it in their Recent Activity. This was before the game's official release, too.

It was posted on here, then spread to other sites. Lots of people talked about "oh don't do it, you'll get banned", but not a single person got banned for it, and it's just fear-mongering, just like always.

That was a little different than this situation. You had to jump through hoops to get it free. Not worth the gamble. This is straight up free. No risk with this one.

Looks fixed? It says $19.99 on my console and even though it says free on the website, it says $19.99 when I click on it.

I went back and forth and finally chickened out. Don't want to risk loosing $300+ in my account.

Looks fixed? It says $19.99 on my console and even though it says free on the website, it says $19.99 when I click on it.
also showing $19.99 for me
Showed $39.95
I went back and forth and finally chickened out. Don't want to risk loosing $300+ in my account.
Yea it the glitch is dead now I updated the OP. It obvious it been fixed by looking at the picture I had in the OP where It only said free compared to the picture of the same exact page how it look right now
mFpA7mY.png

finally run into a case where I already have a digital download of a games with gold. I hated dark souls but I recommend every one try it

bread's done
Back