PSA: My Best Buy (formerly Reward Zone) - Most (all?) partner programs closing at the end of the month

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
This isn't a deal but a heads up for a lot of us out there that take advantage of My Best Buy's various offers outside of Best Buy.

At the end of the month it seems most (if not all) of these programs will be getting shut down, and at least one or two already have been. Best Buy's "out and about" (powered by Plink) is already shut down. My Best Buy Dining will be done at the end of the month (there is a promo where you can sign up for a new cash back program and get a higher level membership) and the "Online Mall" is going away as well. If you tend to make used of any of these "Partner programs" or were planning to do so in the near future you will probably want to do so sooner rather than later.

The official announcement:

Thank you for your interest and support of the My Best Buy™ Partnership Network. We regret to inform you that as of July 31, 2014 we will discontinue this program. This means we will no longer issue My Best Buy points for purchases with partners outside of Best Buy®, including the online mall.

While this was not an easy decision, we wanted to focus more of our time and energy on making the My Best Buy program stronger. Please visit our Exclusive Offers page on BestBuy.com® to see everything that's in store for valued members like you.
Commence the old "in for xxxx" jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
guess no more drinking wine and eating limes in colorado for me

131222_My_BBY_Dining_Tile_v2.jpg

Public needs to know about it for it to be a PSA.  This is like telling a teenager that the Bills and Browns were once a force in the AFC.

This is another public service announcement
Brought to you in part by Slim Shady
Slim Shady does not give a fuck  what you think

If you don't like it you can fuck  his fuck ing  fuck
Little did you know upon purchasing this album
You have just kissed his ass

Slim Shady is fed up with your fuck
And he's going to kill you

(Uh, anything else?)

Yeah, sue me!

Best Buy will restart these and more in the near future for the low, low price of only $200/year for each "club".

My Best Buy Dining actually had a great deal where you got a $20 Best Buy certificate for spending $30 your first trip at one of their participating restaurants, you also earned My Best Buy points for every dollar spent at those restaurants.

They stopped already before this, but I used to get a ton of rewards by using Travelocity: 1 point per $1. I had everyone in my family book through Travelocity as well too. Every once in a while with dining too, but not much.

I'm so pissed. There's a ton of restaurants in my area I eat at consistently that I've been missing out on points with

Math time!  I get 2 rewards points per buck so that's a $5 cert for every $125 spent.  This Dinein program starts at 5% and I will need to initially spend $200 to get the $20 Amex card, another $50 to get the bump up to level 2, which means I will have $2.50 banked from that, and then need to spend another $175 to get the remaining $17.50 for another Amex card.  If i don't make it to Level 2, then I would need to spend $350.  So, $400 if stuck at level 1 or $200 if at level 2.  

Seems like it's a better deal as I would have to spend $500 to get $20 RZ certs versus spending $200-$400 to get a $20 Amex card I can use anywhere.  Not to mention, these same restaurants also participate in the Shell fuel rewards program so I get something back there as well.

This makes me very sad... I shead a few tears when I got the email a couple of days ago.

Since I started using the online mall system back in Feburary of 2013 I had made $19.430.68 worth of purchases for 27,248 Best Buy reward points. The system was great you could sign in to the bestbuy site and then click through to a partner site and make purchases.

If you traveled a lot you could get 2x dollar spent (some times 1x) at hotels or rental cars. As a biz travel I used that a lot. I never really made that many purchases at BestBuy so getting elite staus was out of the question.

I lol'd at "...we wanted to focus more of our time and energy on making the My Best Buy program stronger."
They can start by giving me the 4 months of GCU they owe me. Seriously, how hard is it to find my account # in a SQL database and add 4 months to the expiration date. Eh fuck it, I just told them if they don't get on it, I will contact some attorneys.

My Best Buy Dining actually had a great deal where you got a $20 Best Buy certificate for spending $30 your first trip at one of their participating restaurants, you also earned My Best Buy points for every dollar spent at those restaurants.
Yeah, several of my favorite restaurants and bars near me were part of this program so I was in the like highest level and got triple points. So I'd spend $15 and get 45 My Best Buy points. I literally earned certificates going to happy hour. Sad to see that program go.

LOL... The fewer people that know about something Best Buy is doing, the better the deals. :)

I cleaned them out of probably over $15,000 of music instruments for around $3000. I kept what I wanted and resold the rest to make all the stuff I kept less than free. Good times...

bread's done
Back