DvD Cases For The Anal

Chris Dillon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Its so hard to get all that shit off dvd cases and im extremely anal about my collection. Is there anywhere where i can get standard boxes for dvds and 2 disk ones also. I have had a problem getting the top seals off lately without tearing the top up. LOL I know i should problaby google this but i kinda was hoping someone on this site possible had them and i could pay paypal.

Let it go

I buy used games and DVD's and my collection is full of cases with stickers all over them...I sleep like a baby at night

If you're talking about regular dvd cases, you can get those anywhere. If you're talking about the ps2 cases with the memory card slot, I haven't been able to find them for sale anywhere. What I do is keep the cases of the games I rarely trade in.

[quote name='peterhql']If you're talking about regular dvd cases, you can get those anywhere. If you're talking about the ps2 cases with the memory card slot, I haven't been able to find them for sale anywhere. What I do is keep the cases of the games I rarely trade in.[/QUOTE]

http://www.redoctane.com/gamecase.html

I buy the regular DVD cases from www.meritline.com. They have a case of 100 for $25 with free shipping, so it's a good deal if you need a bunch. If you're only looking for 10 or less, try going to your local Blockbuster and asking if they have any extra they're getting ready to throw out.

Damn. I thought this thread was going to be about some weird sex fetish or something and I could use a good laugh today... oh well...

[quote name='Kayden']Goo Gone[/QUOTE]

Yeh, Goo-Gone is sold at target stores and has many uses, just dont let it on teh case too long.

if you are afraid of goo gone use cooking oil (not hot room temp)
rub it in and the sticky shit comes off then wash with soap to get the oil off

very easy and i use it all the time on my cd cases i know how you feel
its just agitating

for those rotten stickers along the top, instead of peeling the tab where it says "PEEL HERE," here's what i do - use an exacto knife or equivalent surgical blade and cut it as to follow the seam where the case snaps together (so you essentially cut the sticker in half, lengthwise).

once you've cut the sticker in half, pull one half of the sticker up from the blue (for ps2, or green for xbox) plastic. then pull from one side to the other at a sharp angle so you don't pull or stretch the clear plastic on the dvd case. then do the same with the other half.

you should not have any sticky residue from the stickers or pits on the clear plastic from trying to dig your fingernails under the "PEEL HERE" tab. hope that helps

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Some lighter fluid slightly diluted with a little water works pretty well to remove unsightly stickers and sticker residue (sp?).[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Good idea. I need to do this to some of my older dvds. Sweet.

You could also try the adhesive remover that they sell at places like Wal*Mart. Works pretty well.

What I hate is how retailers put price tags on DVD sleeves.

[quote name='trytej']Hmm. Good idea. I need to do this to some of my older dvds. Sweet.[/QUOTE]

Just be sure not to use too much water, when I say a little I mean like a ml or so. It's basically there to not make it so harsh and take some of the smell off, but if you use alot of water it'll take awhile to dry. I'd also advise taking the actual cover art out so it stays dry no matter what you decide to use.

Goo gone, one of the best investments a CAG can make!

Also BTW does anyone know where I can find clear slipcovers/case for dvd's? It like the sleeves on the halo 2 LE or splinter cell LE(I need one for this by the way)

Just got to Frys or best buy and they have packs of 15 for around $3-4.. I figured this out after I bought some one ebay for $3 and then was charged $8 for shipping. i paid it because i didnt want to deal with the whole feedback issue... Ohh well live and learn. But yes Im the same way, I like the boxes looking nice... :)

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Its so hard to get all that shit off dvd cases and im extremely anal about my collection. Is there anywhere where i can get standard boxes for dvds and 2 disk ones also. I have had a problem getting the top seals off lately without tearing the top up. LOL I know i should problaby google this but i kinda was hoping someone on this site possible had them and i could pay paypal.[/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you excel at creating thread titles!!!!

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Its so hard to get all that shit off dvd cases and im extremely anal about my collection. Is there anywhere where i can get standard boxes for dvds and 2 disk ones also. I have had a problem getting the top seals off lately without tearing the top up. LOL I know i should problaby google this but i kinda was hoping someone on this site possible had them and i could pay paypal.[/QUOTE]

BlockBuster.....YMMV but one BB near me had a bunch of dvd cases that were free near the exit. All in great condition and they even had white cases too. I picked up like 5 black cases and a few white ones even though i dont need many because most of my dvd collection was bought new from when i worked at best buy.

Im not that anal but i acutally bought 60+ cases for all types of things(ps2 games, gamecube games and double disc games, xbox games and dvd cases) for 20 bucks shipped from a trading site. Once i go home on thursday from college ill replace all my used sticker cases and just throw them out.

I tried to remove PO stickers from my onimusha case once...not fun at all :whistle2:(

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']the thread title sounds like you're willing to trade dvd cases for anal[/QUOTE]

that's the whole reason i clicked

bread's done
Back