The Man With the Screaming Brain

I saw it. No one should never let Bruce Campbell write or direct a movie EVER again.

It's a really bad 50's style horror flic. The stuff you see on MST3k.

No, it was awful. Bubba Ho-tep was an okay movie, but the Screaming Brain was awful.

If you realy need to see it wait until it repeats on Sci Fi. that's where I saw parts of it. But I just couldn't watch the whole thing.

If you can catch it on the sci-fi channel, its good for a watch but anything more than that just forget it. I think cambell is a great and funny actor, I enjoy most of his movies but this movie was pretty bad. I was kinda mad that I wasted the early part of a saturday night to watch it when it was first shown on Sci fi...

[quote name='battleroyal33']If you can catch it on the sci-fi channel, its good for a watch but anything more than that just forget it. I think cambell is a great and funny actor, I enjoy most of his movies but this movie was pretty bad. I was kinda mad that I wasted the early part of a saturday night to watch it when it was first shown on Sci fi...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, after I saw it I'm kind of glad that my friend and I didn't travel over an hour to go to the book signing to spend 40+ dollars on the book and to view an early release of this movie.

It pains me to admit it, but the movie was truly awful. Bubba Hotep was much better. I'm buying Maniac Cop this week so I can hopefully regain my respect for Bruce.

He's not one for writing/directing, but the man can act circles around many of the Hollywood bigshots. With all the roles Keanu Reeves gets, I don't see why people aren't jumping on Campbell.

I agree, it was painful to watch, though since I don't know any better, I'll put a little of the blame on the 2 mil budget. ;) I'll probably still rent it from Netflix sometime to hear the commentary track. Though I'd say there was one part of the movie that was decent, and that was about from the midpoint of the movie to the 75% through the movie point, ie, about 20-25 minutes of it.

Wow, some pretty harsh criticisms of Man With the Screaming Brain and Campbell for the film. This is actually one film that is high up on my to be watched list. Hmm...I guess I'll reserve judgement till I see it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wow, some pretty harsh criticisms of Man With the Screaming Brain and Campbell for the film. This is actually one film that is high up on my to be watched list. Hmm...I guess I'll reserve judgement till I see it.[/QUOTE]
Who knows, it might be a little more tolerable without commercials...but I'm guessing only slighly. Part of the problem with it is half the film is over before we finally get to the whole "screaming brain" part, act 1 is just way too long and not that entertaining. It would be interesting to see the original shooting script before the whole thing got "bulgaria-ized." (it and Alien Apocalypse were filmed in Bulgaria and the change of scenery from an American city to Bulgaria is incorporated, kinda clumsily, into the film).

Lots of haters here. The movie was meant to be cheese from the start and is EXTREMELY low budget. If you like MST-level movies and like Bruce Campbell, I can't see any greater movie to get. It should be seen just for the examples of wigs at their finest, if nothing else...so many wigs...

edit: Oh, Screaming Brain. I was thinking Alien Apocalypse. Screaming Brain was only middling. Still watchable, but lots of Bruce movies are better.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Yeah, after I saw it I'm kind of glad that my friend and I didn't travel over an hour to go to the book signing to spend 40+ dollars on the book and to view an early release of this movie.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you are insane. Any chance you get to see Bruce Campbell in person is a chance you need to jump on. I went to a "If Chins Could Kill..." book signing in Nashville a few years back and it was awesome. He is hilarious and having a book signed by BC doesn't hurt either!

I've been meaning to check it out. I'll probably buy it when I get a chance. I love schlock (to an extent).

And, for the record, I regard Bubba Ho-tep as an American contemporary sub-classic. Great film.

[quote name='lebowsky']Dude, you are insane. Any chance you get to see Bruce Campbell in person is a chance you need to jump on. I went to a "If Chins Could Kill..." book signing in Nashville a few years back and it was awesome. He is hilarious and having a book signed by BC doesn't hurt either![/QUOTE]

I would love to meet the man behind the chin. I keep hearing how great he is up in person. It would be awesome. Lucky...*jealous*

bread's done
Back