Corpse Bride on DVD 01-31-06

[quote name='Metal Boss']
This will be $28 when it is released in stores. [/QUOTE]

lol.

$14.99 at Circuit City, no doubt, or at least $16.99. Unless this is some kind of super mega deluxe edition.

[quote name='Metal Boss']mmm, I just went by amazons list price, haven't been to a circuit city in decades.[/QUOTE]

Do you shop only at Sam Goody or something? Amazon is even selling it for $17 which right there should tell you it's not going to be $28 when it hits stores. My advice is you go to a circuit city or best buy sometime because the list price is the MSRP and no retail store since, well forever, has sold a DVD for MSRP (especially during release week) except maybe ripoff artists at Sam Goody, Suncoast, or FYE and the like.

Its out, anyone else pick it up? I got a chance to get it at $14 which is nice, video quality looks great on my widescreen lcd. Haven't gotten around to all the special features but they seem worth the price of admission. Also hope to win the corpse bride poetry contest at the official site, that zombie figure from the movie would go good in my collection of action figures, mostly todd mcfarlane toys and GI JOE :lol:

[quote name='munch']Wal-Mart has a SE with a book and cool silpcover.[/QUOTE]
Damn, wish I knew that before I picked it up at Circuit City...

[quote name='icarwngs55']Does everywhere else have it with a slip cover or only walmart?

And how much at Wally World?

Mike[/QUOTE]

It's a Wal Mart exclusive and I think It's $19.99

[quote name='dios']pix plz? man this sucks[/QUOTE]

Yes please. I second the request for pics... wanna see if it's worth the extra $5 and a 30 minute drive.

i would hope nobody that goes here would actualy pay 28 dollars for a dvd movie thats above some box set prices.

This is what the Wal Mart SE looks like:

corpsebride.jpg

A guy on DVD talk described it as such:

Wow, the Walmart packaging is awesome! I wasn't expecting this and I'm glad I got it there. As noted earlier, it comes packed with a book. However, this all comes in a slipcover with a multi-image thing on it (like Day After Tomorrow, the Final Countdown, etc). When you hold it one way, it's Victor holding hands with Victoria. When you shift it, she turns into the Corpse Bride and a bunch of characters from the underworld appear. Really creative in my opinion.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=443951&page=3&pp=25&highlight=corpse+bride

oh i wish i couldve gotten my hands on that SE, thats awesome. But i'm content, besides that ones just a tad more expensive but its worth it. is there any difference between the special features?

[quote name='Metal Boss']oh i wish i couldve gotten my hands on that SE, thats awesome. But i'm content, besides that ones just a tad more expensive but its worth it. is there any difference between the special features?[/QUOTE]

Know. It's the same disc, just it has a cool slipcover and book. It was $19.99, too.

[quote name='icarwngs55']It only cost 16.99 at my walmart

:)

Mike[/QUOTE]

I think that is the non SE version... the SE version should be 19.99.

[quote name='soulwish2003']I think that is the non SE version... the SE version should be 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Ummm...No, I got THE SPECIAL ED...for that price....slip cover book and all...have fun

Mike

i went to wally world to pick the specil version up but i only found full screens. hopefully i find it in wide screen only 20 bucks for it too

My fiance and I just got back from Wal-mart. I just got the Wal-mart Exclusive (DVD w/book in cool slipcover) for $14.67. It was the same price as the regular one.

bread's done
Back