Not open for further replies.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)

lionheart8xo.jpg

Say hello to "Lionheart" Chris Jericho!

QUICK FACTS:
  • Nicknames: Corazon de Leon, Y2J, Lionheart, King of the World, King of Bling-Bling, Man of 1,004 holds, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah, Highlight of the Night
  • Height: 5'10
  • Weight: 230
  • Home: Born in Jericho, New York. Grew up in Winnipeg, Canada. Currently resides in both Los Angeles, CA and Tampa, FL
  • Debut: October 2nd, 1990 (After three months of training. First match was against Lance Storm)
  • Current Status: Currently touring with Fozzy - playing at the Toronto Centre for the Arts July 20th-22nd, 2006
  • Signature move: Walls of Jericho (Elevated Boston Crab)

Career Highlights
  • Became the first ever WWE Undiputed Champion in 2001.
  • Five time (five time five time five time five time) WCW cruiserweight champion
  • Inducted into the Canadian Wrestling Hall of Fame
  • Only performer in WWE history to hold six different titles.
  • Won the WWE Heavyweight Title from Triple H on April 17th, 2000 from Triple H. Stripped of it 15 minutes later.
  • Won the WWF European Title at Wrestlemania 2000 from Eddie GUerrero.
  • One of 17 stars to hold both the WWE Heavyweight Title and WWE Intercontinental title (at seperate times)

Matches:Titles Held:
  • WCWA Tag Team titles (2 times)
  • CRMW Tag Team titles w/Lance Storm 1992
  • CRMW title
  • WWA Tag Team title (Mexico), w/ El Dandy
  • NWA Middleweight title (as Corazon de Leon)
  • WAR International Junior Heavyweight title (as Lion Do)
  • WAR International Junior Heavyeight Tag Team title (as Lion Do) w/ Gedo
  • ECW Television title
  • WCW Cruiserweight title (4 times)
  • WCW Television title
  • WWF Intercontinental title (8 times)
  • WWF European title
  • WWF Tag Team titles (2 times)
  • WWF Hardcore title, 2001
  • WCW Heavyweight title
  • 1st Undisputed WWF/WCW Heavyweight Champion
  • WWE World Tag Team titles w/Christian

Biography
Biography too large! Click here for Chris Jericho's biography, courtesy of Wikipedia!

Past Topics:

You're right, that bio is fucking huge. I like the linking of past topics at the bottom, nice touch.

Oh, and great pick for a topic, too.

And now for some news.

Possible ECW matches:
Pro Wrestling Insider reports that two matches tentatively scheduled for ECW One Night Stand are Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko and Tajiri vs. Nunzio
Angle is out indefinitely:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/angleinjury

Possible Smackdown! brand spoilers:

Dave Meltzer reports that JBL is tentatively slated to beat Rey Mysterio for the World Heavy Weight Title. Mysterio will be taking some time off to get some injuries repaired and rested.

If anyone still needs more Jericho matches to check out, I recommend Jericho vs. Sabu, from Extreme Warfare Vol. 2. Very entertaining, although the ECW Fancam perspective at times makes it hard to follow.

Thanks for the themes Scorch, I've been looking around a bit for Jericho's original WWF theme and couldn't find it.

I'm not sure how much of that WWE.com article is a work, but I'm pretty sure that Angle's just taking some time off to heal up various injuries that he's been working through. I'm glad that someone finally got through to him and he's taking this break, but between him taking time off and the spoiler from above, Smackdown's roster is looking very thin.

I can't wait for Benoit/Malenko. Too few people who followed WWE exclusively when Malenko was in ECW and WCW have no idea just what he is capable of.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']

Dave Meltzer reports that JBL is tentatively slated to beat Rey Mysterio for the World Heavy Weight Title. Mysterio will be taking some time off to get some injuries repaired and rested.
[/QUOTE]

I hope that this isn't true.

Jericho is my all time favorite. I wish he'd come back. Wrestling just hasn't been nearly as entertaining for me since he has been gone.

If it is a work it is completely dumb, since they don't have enough big time talent on Smackdown (hell it was the reason he went to SD)

Angle's legitimately injured, and has been for a while. I think that the part about Henry injurying him is a work though, intended to build Henry as an even bigger monster. Instead, I think it's making people just hate him and think he sucks more because he can't wrestle without hurting people.

[quote name='Genocidal']Angle's legitimately injured, and has been for a while. I think that the part about Henry injurying him is a work though, intended to build Henry as an even bigger monster. Instead, I think it's making people just hate him and think he sucks more because he can't wrestle without hurting people.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, that it was Henry who injured him for real at first and I thought "Dammit Mark Henry, you're such a stupid fucker".

Now I realize that's a work, but I'm still thinking Mark Henry sucks donkey dick.

Why are the sorta putting mark henry over if they have no plans to renew his contract. They're saying that he injured Batista, and now Angle.

I can't believe people actually believe that isn't a work. Angle has been legitimately injured for a long time, of course this is just a way to write him out. Broken ribs? Do you guys seriously believe that shit?

man the ending of impact was so awesome.. i keep watching buff and luger come out (lugers was especially bad ass because of the song)

What i cant understand is what the hell luger was doing the whole time...it would been nice to see him do his a usual pose or something but he just mostly looked down the whole time..whats wrong with him>?

[quote name='guyver2077']What i cant understand is what the hell luger was doing the whole time...it would been nice to see him do his a usual pose or something but he just mostly looked down the whole time..whats wrong with him>?[/QUOTE]

He has to be thinking.... "I'm here just to help put over...
Samoa Joe
..... this sucks."

[quote name='guyver2077'](lugers was especially bad ass because of the song)[/quote]

Luger's entrance theme sounds like something straight out of one of the Mega Man X games.

*continued from the last wrestling thread*

[quote name='Scorch']
Soon after, Kulas' family sued ECW and New Jack over the incident, but the jury acquitted them. Shortly thereafter, ECW was granted Pay-per-view television rights. Kulas died on May 12, 2002 at the age of 22 due to complications from gastric bypass surgery.

Jimi Hendrix: Sleeping Pill overdose
Crash Holly: Overdosed on painkillers and alcohol

Hendrix's death was an accident, wasn't it? Crash's was suicide.. or it's assumed, anyway, as he was depressed the week leading up to his death. His wife had served him divorce papers that week.[/QUOTE]

Really? I always heard that he killed himself.

What I meant by Crash dying the old Jimi Hendrix way was that he died from choking on his own vomit after passing out.

I really like the links to the old wrestling topics, definitely fun to look through some of those.

Ralphus can't get any love though?

Y2J kicks ass. I was real intruiged when I noticed that Rugged Man did a cover of his theme song... Then I downloaded it and realized it sucks. However, if anyone gets a chance.. check out the song Flipside by Rugger Man, good stuff. :)

Backlash predictions:

Umaga vs. Ric Flair - Flair.

Chris Masters vs. Carlito - Carlito.

Mickie James (C) vs. Trish Stratus - Trish becomes Women's Champion in 8-9 minutes.

Big Show vs. Kane - Kane in a snore fest at 7 minutes.

Shelton Benjamin (C) vs. RVD (MitB) - I'm sort of expecting something screwy to happen here where both retain. If not, RVD.

Mr. McMahon & Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels & God - Mr. McMahon pins God after delivering the Pearl River Plunge in a 20 minute match of the year candidate.

John Cena (C) vs. Triple H vs. Edge - Triple H pins Edge to become the new WWE Champion.

I keep feeling like "god" will be the comeback of someone huge.

who's been out lately? batista? eh wrong brand.. ken kennedy? angle?.. wrong brand.. who's on Raw that's been injured? JBL's a self-proclaimed wrestling god, could he be jumping ship? nah. foley? that'd be pointless. hmm..

or maybe it's nobody.

[quote name='Scorch']I keep feeling like "god" will be the comeback of someone huge.

who's been out lately? batista? eh wrong brand.. ken kennedy? angle?.. wrong brand.. who's on Raw that's been injured? JBL's a self-proclaimed wrestling god, could he be jumping ship? nah. foley? that'd be pointless. hmm..

or maybe it's nobody.[/quote]
Well, it could be the person I alluded to in my "prediction."

It would literally be the comeback of someone HUGE :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']I keep feeling like "god" will be the comeback of someone huge.

or maybe it's nobody.[/quote]

Jericho?

I know alot of CAGers in the wrestling thread live in Brevard County.

Anybody want to meet up at a local wrestling event in Melbourne May 13th?

Brought to you by Avante Holding Group of Melbourne , scheduled to appear that night are some of the World Wrestling Federation's greatest legends.

Scheduled wrestlers for Mayhem in Melbourne include:

Greg “The Hammer” Valentine

Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake

“Superfly” Jimmy Snuka

Koko B. Ware

Haku

King Kong Bundy

Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart

and

Jake “The Snake” Roberts

along with Florida Extreme Wrestling's own

Bam-Bam Mancuso.

Tickets range from $35 and $30 for ringside reserved seating to $25 for lower level and $20 for upper level bleachers.

“It's a small venue,” explained FEW co-owner Richman. “So everyone's going to have a great view of the action.”

The Clemente Center is located at 150 W. University Blvd. in Melbourne . Doors open at 6:00 . The event begins at 7:00 PM .

http://www.brevardblueducks.com/News-2006/4-27-06_news.html

http://www.brevardblueducks.com/Ind_Tickets/W-tickets_ind.html

Who else lives in Brevard here, just me and you right O.D.D?

But yeah it would be cool to meet up for that

I love the voice of the guy in the commercial for that, he's straight out of a monster truck rally.

Backlash predictions:

Umaga vs. Ric Flair - Umaga

Chris Masters vs. Carlito - Masters

Mickie James (C) vs. Trish Stratus - Trish

Big Show vs. Kane - Kane

Shelton Benjamin (C) vs. RVD (MitB) - RVD

Mr. McMahon & Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels & God - I'm still going with HBK and goofy ring tricks beat the McMahons. Expect to roll your eyes a lot and say "I paid $35 for THIS!?!"

John Cena (C) vs. Triple H vs. Edge - Cena retains

My predictions.

[quote name='2Fast']Who else lives in Brevard here, just me and you right O.D.D?

But yeah it would be cool to meet up for that

I love the voice of the guy in the commercial for that, he's straight out of a monster truck rally.[/QUOTE]

I could have swore that 2 other guys here were from Brevard but I can't remember for the life of me who they are.

Outside of the wrestling thread I know soulwish2003 is from Palm Bay. He PMed me about it awhile ago.

Since predictions seem to be all the rage these days:

Umaga vs. Ric Flair - Umaga has to win this, or else the past month or so that he's been pushed will make no sense. Look for Estrada to try and get involved and possibly get a Figure Four for his troubles, with Umaga taking Flair out after this.

Chris Masters vs. Carlito - Either way, I think this feud is just getting started. Carlito outsmarts Masters here and wins with a rollup.

Mickie James (C) vs. Trish Stratus - Mickie retains over Trish in Mickie outfit and this feud finally starts to die down.

Big Show vs. Kane - Kane completely snaps, and Show wins this one by DQ. Show may injure Kane after the match towrite him out of the storylines and let him go promote his movie.

Shelton Benjamin (C) vs. RVD (MitB) - This match could go one of a few ways for me. Either RVD wins clean, Shelton gets himself DQed to retain the belt, or they fight to a no-finish (double count-out perhaps). Unfortunately for Shelton, he isn't going over in any of these scenarios. Don't be surprised if Haas makes an appearance during this match to set-up Shelton's next feud.

Mr. McMahon & Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels & God - HBK goes over... I'm thinking there's a trick up someone's sleeve here (not just a pyro trick) and would like to be pleasantly surprised, but I can't see this being anything more than a Handicap match with some added pyro.

John Cena (C) vs. Triple H vs. Edge - Poor Edge, he always comes so close. Look for him to do the job in this match that sees HHH complete his face turn, with Cena retaining and possibly (with a low possibility) turning heel.

[quote name='Mister ED']Great topic/choice/presentation :)[/QUOTE]

ZL?

I'm not ordering this. I can go buy Moneyball and The Godfather video game at the same price.

[quote name='Mike23']ZL?

I'm not ordering this. I can go buy Moneyball and The Godfather video game at the same price.[/QUOTE]

The Michael Lewis book? That choice would be a nobrainer if it were between eating for a day and buying that book, much less a slightly-above lukewarm (I've enjoyed the main event buildup, even if I'm only interested in the one participant who seems least likely to win) PPV. Buy the book.

The Godfather, OTOH, may be a purchase you should do without. Buy the book (Lewis, not Puzo).

I hope Marty Jennetty comes out dressed like God instead of the whole pyro thing. It definately would end up being more interesting over the next few weeks if someone actually plays the role of God.

[quote name='Demolition Man']My prediction for Backlash... well...... its going to suck. And yes... its going to suck even more. Need I say more?[/QUOTE]

Demoman thinks a WWE event sucks. Wow! It's a first!

[quote name='Demolition Man']My prediction for Backlash... well...... its going to suck. And yes... its going to suck even more. Need I say more?[/quote]

At least Buff Bagwell won't be involved in any way, shape, or form.

[quote name='Genocidal']Yea, you say that about most WWE events though. :p[/QUOTE]

Hey if the WWE were to do something good I will admit it which I have done on numerous occasions. I just call things the way I see em... including the fact that I can do without seeing the face of Lex Luger ever again in ANY promotion.

Then again most of you folks tend to ignore any posts I have written saying anything good about the WWE.....

[quote name='2Fast']At least Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell, Rick Steiner, or Scott Steiner won't be involved in any way, shape, or form.[/QUOTE]

Fixed your post. :D

[quote name='Scorch']Demoman thinks a WWE event sucks. Wow! It's a first![/QUOTE]

Okay... I'll be completely honest... if Edge wins tonight.... then Backlash will only halfway suck instead of completely suck. Because not even Edge can make up for that match involving God.

Or Big Slow.. I mean Big Show vs Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back