Please help a laptop noob?

projecteightysix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I've tried the search feature a ton and it just comes up with an error and says the page doesn't exist.

Well anyways, I've always been a desktop person and haven't paid any attention to laptops and all their stuff. Well now I'm going to start going to college and I'm also on the road alot with my band so I need a laptop.

What I'd like is a widescreen laptop with a gig of ram or so, doesnt have to be too big of a screen, infact i like the smaller laptops. They look cooler.

I just want something that I could mess with video editing (just using Sony Vegas) and could play WoW on occasion.

Now here's the deal, I have no idea anything about processor types and everything, and I'd like to get it around 600-700 bucks. My friend showed me a core duo laptop with a gig of ram on dell outlet for 600, but its already gone.

If anybody would be a pal and help me out, I'd appreciate it. Also I wouldn't mind even building one if that's possible.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='projecteightysix']video editing
I'd like to get it around 600-700 bucks.
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Uh... I can think of no laptop that could do any serious video editing for only 700$, sorry mate.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Uh... I can think of no laptop that could do any serious video editing for only 700$, sorry mate.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't really want serious editing, just splicing vids together and stuff. nothing major.

[quote name='projecteightysix']
What I'd like is a widescreen laptop with a gig of ram or so, doesnt have to be too big of a screen, infact i like the smaller laptops. They look cooler.

I just want something that I could mess with video editing (just using Sony Vegas) and could play WoW on occasion.

Now here's the deal, I have no idea anything about processor types and everything, and I'd like to get it around 600-700 bucks. My friend showed me a core duo laptop with a gig of ram on dell outlet for 600, but its already gone.[/quote]

The only new processor you'll be able to get for $600-700 is either a sempron or a celeron. Do yourself a favor, spend the grand or so to get you a machine thats actually going to last you a while and be able to be perform.

yeah i agree on stepping up for the thousand dollar ones. they have very nice gaming alienware laptops for a thousand$ and there great for games and for video editing.

If you want a laptop to play WoW, you're going to need to spend mroe than $700. I haven't follow laptops for awhile, but you probably need to spend over $1000 for a laptop to do stuff you want it to do.

bread's done
Back