[RUMOR] Kotaku: Nintendo allegedly caught luring small...

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
...developers into making games for the Wii, by sending them an incentive they may not be able to refuse: A NEW CA... er... a free Wii devkit. If true, it certainly shows that the big N is serious about competing against Live Arcade in more than just the retro gaming aspect (One of the more obvious uses for a small-time developer). Of course, the only word we have to go on right now is Kotaku's very own Mr./Mrs. Anonymous Insider, who is currently working at Small-time Game Developer Inc. LLC, which resides in scenic "Some Big Coastal American City."

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/nintendo-sending-out-free-wii-dev-kits-190706.php

EDIT:Agh, after re-reading the article, I realized that Kotaku never makes one detail clear: how small these companies are. It just says "smaller studios," which, quite frankly, could mean anyone not related to EA, Activision, Ubi Soft, Sega, etc.

I would love to dope slap most of the Kotaku staff. In the past few months they've become increasingly annoying: the tendency to snide, uninformative content, lame post titles, and postacular self-gratification all led to the removal of kotaku.com from my bookmarks. Why is it that so many reviewers/"journalists" in video games make an attempt at humor? What's wrong with just providing reliable information?

bread's done
Back