From Software Cancels 2 PS3 Titles

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
At first, we did not want to post this news since many readers of this site, as well as other game news sites, are screaming about anti-PS3 bias lately. Then we remembered that we are a gaming news outlet, here to bring you all the news that's fit to print, good or bad, rain or shine, so here it is.

According to the latest issue of Famitsu Magazine, From Software has cancelled development on two Playstation 3 titles. Dark, a RPG, and Black Blade, an action-adventure game, are both being scrapped. There was no reason given for the cancellation.

http://gamersreports.com/news/3392/

:whistle2:k

That same issue of Famitsu, still has Armored Core 4 coming to PS3.

Also to let everyone know, before this thread turns into a huge anti-Sony, PS3 is going to die thread, From Software is notorious for canceling games. They canceled Gold Star Mountain on GC, Gaia Blade for Xbox (It started out as an Action RPG, then went to a strategy game, then canceled forever), and I believe there were a few PS2 games also.

But for me, I could careless about From Software's games, since I feel they're mediocre (I think Otogi is highly overrated, Lost Kingdoms is just awful, King's Field is horrible, etc.).

I'm starting to think this will begin to happen more and more as the system gets closer to launch. I think cost will probably be the main factor. I think the PS2 is going to have a pretty long life when its said and done.

[quote name='David85']It's because the PS3 is impossible to develope for.[/QUOTE]I hear the PS3 isn't any harder than the PS2, just more expensive.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I hear the PS3 isn't any harder than the PS2, just more expensive.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what the fuck you have been listening too.

[quote name='David85']I don't know what the fuck you have been listening too.[/QUOTE]

Well if you recall, the PS2 was supposedly a pain in the ass to develop for out the gate. By saying that developing for the PS3 is the same as developing for the PS2 means that first generation PS3 games are as much of a pain to make as first generation PS2 games.

It's just that by the time the Xbox and Gamecube rolled around, Sony's box was on it's second generation of games and the kinks had been worked out. Sony is probably going to be the last one out of the gate this time around which is causing more developers to say that it's not worth the hassle if they can make a comperable game on the 360 with less effort. That'll change if the PS3 launch and the months afterwards contain a huge amount of market penetration by the PS3. Of course, that's still up in the air.

Sucks that Dark RPG was cancelled. I enjoyed King's Field on PS2. I'm into turn-based RPGs and liked King's Field because it was slow-paced and exploring was part of the fun. Like Elder Scrolls you can have some down time by exploring instead of non-stop action. Those are about the only "action" RPGs I like. There are tons of action games, hack and slash, whatever type games out there. Turn-based and adventure games have their place and if they start phasing out on slow-paced games then I'll be done with video games.

Whether this is a sign of things to come for the PS3 I don't know, but I do think all 3 consoles are at a disadvantage. 360 strikes a good middle ground but without eastern games I'm not sure how far it can really go. Games like Metal Gear 4 and FF13 can still be system sellers and if 360 can't produce decent numbers in Japan then games like these may not go to it in the near future. Not to mention the niche eastern games that found their way to US Playstations. Variety is always a good thing.

Remote for Wii is a huge gamble. People like to say the PS3 will be last because of the price, but when games have to be designed with the unique controller in mind they are taking a gamble. If Nintendo could go back to the glory days of NES and SNES 3rd party support I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The Wii is popular on the net because most of these people will buy it as a second console. Of course these people don't care about 3rd party support, they got a Gamecube for 1st party titles and will get the Wii for the 1st party titles and unique games with the unique controller. For people like me who usually buy one console and that's it the Wii may be just like the Gamecube and that means I'll pass. I want variety and the PS2 offered way more of this.

PS3 obviously because of price and possibly rumble. Had it been $300 again they would have had 1st place in the bag, no problem. The high price opens it up for the others but neither of those may take advantage of that opportunity.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']That same issue of Famitsu, still has Armored Core 4 coming to PS3.
[/quote]

Anybody else find it amusing that Armored Core is only on it's "4th" iteration? :lol: At last count there were 7 games on the PS2 that had the held the Armored Core moniker and 3 on the PS1.

When Soprano's and the other games that got canceled for the Xbox360, everyone was just, "Meh whatever crappy games". But when a game gets canceled for the PS3 its just because the console sucks and other developers are not going to make games for it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']When Soprano's and the other games that got canceled for the Xbox360, everyone was just, "Meh whatever crappy games". But when a game gets canceled for the PS3 its just because the console sucks and other developers are not going to make games for it.[/QUOTE]
This is true.

As in what you wrote is true. Even though I know you wrote it trying to point out the supposed bias of everyone.

You must not have been around before the 360 launch. Haters out the ass. You'll get use to it. So just shut up for now.

bread's done
Back