PS3 Overheating?

saadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just a quick question, I know the PS3 gets hot hot hot when playing, but does anyone smell a faint faint hint of burning in the air when running your PS3? Am I cause for concern or is this just something normal?

I left mine on for a few hours and its still running perfect, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Mine only gets hot (though super hot) on the right underside
of the unit. The rest of it stays as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Mine the fan seems to run the whole time I actually put a thermometer where mine was and that area measured a temp of 103.4F and the dang fans would not shut off, is mine defective or do you think giving 6+ inches around it will fix that issue, as the fans don't start right away but shortly after.

[quote name='Dijital']Mine the fan seems to run the whole time I actually put a thermometer where mine was and that area measured a temp of 103.4F and the dang fans would not shut off, is mine defective or do you think giving 6+ inches around it will fix that issue, as the fans don't start right away but shortly after.[/QUOTE]

Good lord! More periods man! I had to read it twice just to understand what you were trying to say!

I'd suggest you guys keep your consoles in well ventilated areas. Don't end up like many 360 owners did last year, SOL with no console for weeks.

I keep mine in the middle of the room, nothing around it at all and the fan barely comes on. I have been checking it every time I've turned the system off and it hasn't ever gotten to be "hot" yet at all. Mostly warm on the air area a few times, and on the backside as well. So I guess you guys need to give it plenty of air flow space.

not to sound anti-sony or anything (i plan on getting a PS3 when i have the spare cash, but with the 360 and wii that just wont happen for awhile) but, its funny how any amount of heat or an odd smell in the room with a ps3 and people just assume it will break or that it is defective....i use my wii or 360, turn it off, and dont even think about worrying if it will turn back on again the next time i want to use it....

if i had a ps3, i would worry about it working....my ps1 barely works, and my ps2 im always concerned about it just because of sony's track record....

its funny that sony has put out so many shitty products over the years that people have to actually worry about it....

You guys are worrying too much. I have not heard of ONE PS3 overheating. The only thing I have heard that is negative, is all of the PS3s overheating in kiosks.

yeah i was at target and someone was playing on the ps3 and it just froze right thier. I think it was ridge racer. The unit had a fan behind it in the kiosk and it still locked up. I wonder if its even a heat issue? anyway some people were looking at it and someone said "i guess you dont buy a ps3.." dono it was funny. It really seemed to be effecting the undicided people. Keep in mind this was black friday too. Not that they had any for sale, but it made alot of people think twice.

I think companies need to come up with a better kiosk. I have seen several 360's with the dreaded rings at stores. The new systems, whether ps3 or 360, run to hot to put in those plastic cases with no air movement. Especially at a store that will have it on for 10 or 12 hours a day.

bread's done
Back