Rare finds at Walmart

kell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
165 (100%)
In the last week I have found:

Wario Ware Touched! (Not that rare, but becoming hard to find) - Paid MSRP, can't remember the last time I did that...

Champions: Return to Arms - $30
Firefighter FD 18 - $30

I also saw .Hack Mutation and Monster Rancher 4. I didn't buy these two as they were still $50.

[quote name='kell']In the last week I have found:

Wario Ware Touched! (Not that rare, but becoming hard to find) - Paid MSRP, can't remember the last time I did that...

Champions: Return to Arms - $30
Firefighter FD 18 - $30

I also saw .Hack Mutation and Monster Rancher 4. I didn't buy these two as they were still $50.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just got WW Touched new at a Kmart recently for $35. I also found one copy of Champions:RTA for $15 there too. Score!

[quote name='addicted2games']Yeah I just got WW Touched new at a Kmart recently for $35. I also found one copy of Champions:RTA for $15 there too. Score![/quote]

Nice. I didn't realize at the time that Champions RTA had become rare so I didn't want to pay $30 for it. But then I saw that it was going for a lot more so I sucked it up and went back for it. I hate paying more than $15 for a game...

I remember the Wal-Marts around me had Ikaruga for *ever.* They also had Ico when it was starting to become HTF for $15.

Of course in both instances, as soon as I decided I wanted to buy them, they were gone :cry:

Last week I found Zelda MC in the very bottom far left of the case at Walmart ($30).

I am not a huge Zelda fan but my sister is so I picked it up for her. (she was very close to spending $50 for a complete version online)

JEFF

firefighter is definately overrated.. i've come across about 5-6 since i became "actively looking for rare games".. then sold them for mucho profit.. i have a disc only version for collection purposes.

[quote name='urzishra14']firefighter is definately overrated.. i've come across about 5-6 since i became "actively looking for rare games".. then sold them for mucho profit.. i have a disc only version for collection purposes.[/quote]

I think most rare games are overrated. There is usually a reason why they are rare, they don't sell well. Obviously, this isn't always the case but my guess is it would apply to a lot of them.

I was excited because I never expected to see one in a retail store and was never really looking for it. I bought it more for my collection than anything. And it would allow me to sell my opened copy.

Walmart seems to be one of the few big retailers where rare games can be found. I also found Dark Alliance II a few months back at one. Their prices aren't the best though.

The reviews of Firefighter stopped me from keeping it. I found a sealed one at EB for $30 about a year ago, and was going to keep it but EBayed it for $50 instead

i got a complete used one from BB one time (firefighter) then i played it for about 5 minutes.. it was pretty lame.. although a nice concept.. sold that one for 60.. found 2 sealed ones in a media play closings sold those for around 100 each around christmas.. paid about 45.. that was a good year heh.

Best rare find at Walmart ever was a tie. I have a large amount of family spread out in south Georgia, so several (round 10) years ago, we went into one of the more rural WMs and I picked up Earthbound w/ strategy guide and Super Bomberman w/ multitap for 10 bucks a pop.

Never will beat my Suikoden II at Target for 10 bucks though. That one always brings back good memories.

WWT is rare?! Since when?

Some guy offered me a used, complete WWT for my sealed AWDS, I reluctantly accepted it (I wanted to play WWT and wasn't interested in AWDS- but a sealed game for a used one). I'm glad I did... hopefully it'll be in decent shape.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']Best rare find at Walmart ever was a tie. I have a large amount of family spread out in south Georgia, so several (round 10) years ago, we went into one of the more rural WMs and I picked up Earthbound w/ strategy guide and Super Bomberman w/ multitap for 10 bucks a pop.

Never will beat my Suikoden II at Target for 10 bucks though. That one always brings back good memories.[/QUOTE]

Those are some good finds, they'd be tough to beat.

[quote name='Vinny']WWT is rare?! Since when? [/QUOTE]

I think the price (on eBay at least) has just gone up recently. It is rather tough to find new now. I searched all my local Sears when it went clearance there and came up empty handed. Then I ordered one from Gamefly, but found a Walmart with them the next day#-o .

I found a Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) not to long ago at Wherehouse for $15. One of my better finds.

[quote name='Vinny']WWT is rare?! Since when?

Some guy offered me a used, complete WWT for my sealed AWDS, I reluctantly accepted it (I wanted to play WWT and wasn't interested in AWDS- but a sealed game for a used one). I'm glad I did... hopefully it'll be in decent shape.[/QUOTE]

You got the better deal. A complete Warioware Touched is worth about $45, a sealed Advance Wars DS is worth about $30 - $35.

I tried to check out their videogames the other day, but I couldn't get through all the obese people driving around on those little carts, the guys with no shirt and the kids with no shoes.

And here I thought that the topic meant non-hygenically challenged employees or possibly even white people.

The one in my city has this one girl that has worked there since high school (I think she was one year under me and I graduated about 10 years ago) and she is ALWAYS pregnant. I think she is trying to create children of every mix possible. It isn't that she's heavy, in fact she's rather petite, she just always has an engorged belly.

[quote name='cranguy']I remember the Wal-Marts around me had Ikaruga for *ever.* They also had Ico when it was starting to become HTF for $15.

Of course in both instances, as soon as I decided I wanted to buy them, they were gone :cry:[/QUOTE]

The local Wal Mart was just like yours with the Ico's, but funny thing is that there are a couple of copies sitting in the Sears bargin bin. Other than that there isn't much of a selection of games at my Wal Mart, except they are selling a 2003 NASCAR game on the PS for original price.

Hopefully she's just severly constipated.

[quote name='nasum']And here I thought that the topic meant non-hygenically challenged employees or possibly even white people.

The one in my city has this one girl that has worked there since high school (I think she was one year under me and I graduated about 10 years ago) and she is ALWAYS pregnant. I think she is trying to create children of every mix possible. It isn't that she's heavy, in fact she's rather petite, she just always has an engorged belly.[/quote]

[quote name='nasum']The one in my city has this one girl that has worked there since high school (I think she was one year under me and I graduated about 10 years ago) and she is ALWAYS pregnant. I think she is trying to create children of every mix possible. It isn't that she's heavy, in fact she's rather petite, she just always has an engorged belly.[/quote] Maybe stomach worms. ;)

hdc_0001_0001_0_img0055.jpg

[quote name='nasum'] It isn't that she's heavy, in fact she's rather petite, she just always has an engorged belly.[/QUOTE]

Maybe too many bananas.

bread's done
Back