Photo
- - - - -

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 1 - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc LE Collector's Set)

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#271 leichstein

leichstein

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

I really wish they would just let Whedon do Avengers 2 and not bother with the individual movies. The only really good Phase 1 movie was Iron Man.

#272 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Um, Whedon IS doing Avengers 2. And the upcoming S.H.E.I.L.D. TV series. He might collaborate with the other directors to help tie them together, but Whedon will have little to do with Iron Man 3, Thor 2, or Cap 2.

Anybody who got the set, does the bonus disc include the documentary from the Target-exclusive bonus disc?

#273 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

I think what he meant is why don't they skip all the lead up movies and make Avengers 2 first, which is an amazingly stupid idea in it's own right.

#274 leichstein

leichstein

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

I think what he meant is why don't they skip all the lead up movies and make Avengers 2 first, which is an amazingly stupid idea in it's own right.

That is what I meant, but I, of course, don't think it's amazingly stupid. Coming off of Iron Man 1, Iron Man 2 was a bit of a let down for me. And seeing how trilogies rarely ever end on a strong note and the trailer left me kind of underwhelmed, I'm not too enthusiastic about Iron Man 3. I also found The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America movies to be just okay. Again, it wasn't nearly as great as Iron Man 1. I'd be down to see the Guardians of the Galaxy just to see how they handle that, but I personally don't really need another Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America movie. I'd rather them do another Hulk movie since there's actual character depth and Ruffalo was pretty good in that role.

#275 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

I wish I've remember and seen the unboxing video. I end up receiving mine today.

#276 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

I loved all the movies so far. My least favorite was Thor (though it was still awesome) and my biggest favorite was Captain America. Chris Evans was perfect in the role.

#277 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

Just got this from Amazon today. Case isn't actually as cheap as some people say it looks in the video (I hope no one was expecting metal at this price) but I agree the handle is way too damn small. Biggest thing I have enjoyed out of this set are all the physical replicas of documents, blueprints, id cards, newspaper clippings, etc. If you have ever seen the museum style books that come with replicas like the Marvel History, DC History, etc. then you will have an idea of the type of replicas in here.

I own all the original movies but since I am a Marvel geek fanboy I feel like I got my money's worth. If you don't own the movies and don't mind missing out on the Iron Man bonus discs and digital copies for the movies, this would be a good route to go. However if you do own all the movies already, the only real bonus you are getting are all the physical goodies and maybe some exclusive behind the scenes stuff which I haven't checked out yet. The case is just something to hold it all in and the tesseract cube is pretty cheap and not much to it IMO. Kids might get a kick out of it though, I know my cat does.

523546.png

#278 THEmassacre325

THEmassacre325

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

HEY guys if your interested here's my UNBOXING of the briefcase.

#279 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

Cheap as hell box. Worse then expected. Innards are even cheaper plastic. Art and extras are fantastic though. I don't own any of the movies in the set so this worked out well for me.

#280 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Just got this from Amazon today. Case isn't actually as cheap as some people say it looks in the video (I hope no one was expecting metal at this price) but I agree the handle is way too damn small. Biggest thing I have enjoyed out of this set are all the physical replicas of documents, blueprints, id cards, newspaper clippings, etc. If you have ever seen the museum style books that come with replicas like the Marvel History, DC History, etc. then you will have an idea of the type of replicas in here.

I own all the original movies but since I am a Marvel geek fanboy I feel like I got my money's worth. If you don't own the movies and don't mind missing out on the Iron Man bonus discs and digital copies for the movies, this would be a good route to go. However if you do own all the movies already, the only real bonus you are getting are all the physical goodies and maybe some exclusive behind the scenes stuff which I haven't checked out yet. The case is just something to hold it all in and the tesseract cube is pretty cheap and not much to it IMO. Kids might get a kick out of it though, I know my cat does.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Still kind of amazed they couldn't be bothered to include the bonus discs for the Iron Man films though.
Posted Image

#281 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Sooo... for those wanting to know what the exclusive footage stuff is, which is about Avengers Phase 2 stuff, here you go.

http://screencrush.c...-preview-video/

The link also includes the AntMan proof of concept footage which was shown at Comic-Con which apparently isn't in the Avengers Phase 1 box set

523546.png

#282 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

So what is the list of movies in Phase 2 that we know about?

- Iron Man 3
- Captain America 2
- Thor 2
- Ant Man
- Avengers 2

Does Guardians of the Galaxy fit in? Anything else been announced?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#283 leichstein

leichstein

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

So what is the list of movies in Phase 2 that we know about?

- Iron Man 3
- Captain America 2
- Thor 2
- Ant Man
- Avengers 2

Does Guardians of the Galaxy fit in? Anything else been announced?

Ant-Man is in phase 3. Guardians of the Galaxy is in phase 2.

#284 kickalillas2

kickalillas2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

My preorder from Amazon has been "shipping soon" for three days. Should I contact them to see what's going on? I'm a prime member and I've had this preordered since b4 the price jump.

#285 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

My preorder from Amazon has been "shipping soon" for three days. Should I contact them to see what's going on? I'm a prime member and I've had this preordered since b4 the price jump.

Got mine from Amazon today and I was super disappointed with the way they shipped it...

They just put shipping labels directly on the item and sent it as is. No joke. No shipping box was used and now the item is beat to shit and has stickers all over it...

Contacted Amazon and they are apparently overnighting me a new one. When asked if I had any other questions, I asked if a box would be used this time, and the answer was "of course".

#286 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

I cancelled my order last week. Looking at that unboxing video, I'm glad I did.

I'll pick it up when it hits clearance price.
Posted Image

#287 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

I have an empty space in my Avengers Steelbook, I'll just try and snag the bonus disc from eBay.

#288 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Got mine in yesterday and gotta say I'm utterly disappointed in it. NOTHING like the set I saw at SDCC last year. No longer a metal case, and only half the size of what the original one was supposed to be. Looked at the unboxings online and damn that Tesseract looks super cheap. WTH...you guys couldn't include digital copies or UV?

I don't even have all the movies and I'm sending mine back to Amazon unopened. So cheap looking...ugh...I'm upset thinking about it! Not worth the $140! If I do end up buying it again it will have to be for no more than $50. For now I'll be happy with my free copy of The Avengers sent to me by Amazon for the inconvenience, as well as the Target Edition of The Avengers in 3D Blu Ray I ended up buying after discount.

Thor and Captain America I can watch on Netflix! Iron Man and Iron Man 2 constantly play on FX! So does the Incredible Hulk.
CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything:booty:

#289 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Saw this at Blu-ray.com. Check out how the numb-nuts at Amazon packaged someone's set...

Posted Image

Edited by ssjmichael, 06 April 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#290 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

I can't see the pic. :*(

#291 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

should be fixed now

#292 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

They ship the kids' diapers and wipes the same way. Obviously, I don't care about the box, but I'm glad I'm in a safe neighborhood. In some areas, that stuff would get stolen off a porch in a heartbeat.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#293 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

They shipped the Portal Gun I ordered same way. The Avengers set was in an actual box though...likely since I ordered a number of other things that happened to get shipped at the same time.

#294 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Nah, mine was alone and came in a box. Somebody goofed on that one, and somebody else goofed to let it out the door that way.

#295 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

Only thing I ever received from amazon that was not in a amazon box was the big casio keyboard I bought for my wife. All my portal guns and the avengers set came in boxes. I guess some people just have some shitty distribution centers near them.

#296 brak014

brak014

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

Posting in this here and in the Disney Movie Rewards thread, but the code that comes in the black envelope doubles as a Disney Movie Rewards code for 500 points
PSN: brak014
Steam: brak014
Twitter: TheAdamWells

#297 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

mine came in a box, inside another box.
2013 Spending Tab

2013 Completed Games Tab

Follow me on twitter