Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Juan Cena Wrestling Thread (Don't be fooled by imitations!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
515 replies to this topic

#271 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hogan was depressing on Howard Stern this morning. If that was an act he really needs to get someone to find him some scripts. Especially if he really did turn down some of the stuff he turned down.

Posted Image

#272 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Shitty that the wrong fan got hit, but if you put your hands on a wrestler (and I'd say kidney punching one counts), you can't really get mad if they hit you back.

100% back Punk in fighting back.

His mistake was in swinging blindly. That was just plain stupid when you're standing in a crowd of people. Assuming the guy actually hit him with any force then I could understand Punk wanting to hit him back. But regardless of that the way he did it was asinine. Also, why was security so slow in getting into position around him? They share a small portion of the responsibility IMO. Overall, Punk handled the situation very poorly.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Luther season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#273 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

He handled it poorly, security handled it poorly, the damn company handled it poorly. Big surprise there.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#274 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

You would think security would be up there the moment Punk is pushed and boxed in in the first place, but no they casually walk up there AFTER punk swings, someones getting fired.

#275 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

I wonder if Punk was supposed to go to the left of the announce table and out...lots of purple shirted security guys waiting over there...

http://www.youtube.c...Y06mA2tQ#t=320s

#276 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Calling what Punk did a punch is also a bit of a stretch. Looked to be more of a backhand/slap to me.

I'm on the standpoint that both guys were out of line. The fan shouldn't have done what he did and neither should Punk.

Punk's "punch" wasn't much of a hit but it was a much higher degree of force than which was used on Punk in the first place.

My bet is WWE will quickly sign a settlement with the innocent/punched fan and work it into a storyline. Or they'll just sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away.

#277 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Guy in white sleeves who hit Punk is bragging about it on twitter now.

http://www.pwmania.c...w#ixzz28pEPxazV

So he bragged about assaulting Punk. If any legal action comes out of this from the fan who did get hit, I can see them going after this schmuck.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#278 Cheapskate McGee

Cheapskate McGee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

So.. uh.. speaking of Punk, his DVD is in stores today. Picked mine up.. my Best Buy only got three of the Blu's in.

I got the only one in mine.

#279 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

Why does that guy bragging about it talk exactly like I expected he would?

#280 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Sunny got arrested for the 5th time according to TMZ and 2nd in 2 days.

http://www.tmz.com/2...tch-5th-arrest/

Drugs, booze, a complete mental breakdown?

#281 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

What is "all of the above", Alex.

Okay, maybe two of the three at minimum. But Christ, she's jumped off the fucking deep end.

#282 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Winner.

http://shop.wwe.com/...e-new-cmpunkgts

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryback steals the belt and smashes it soon. Then Punk can make a best in the world championship belt. Ratings are down and 350 bucks a pop from stupid fans is a great new revenue source.

Posted Image

#283 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Pro wrestling is one heck of an industry. Seems like almost every path ends in a train wreck. People can shit on Shane Douglas all they want for working at Target, but he has health care, income stability, and a future. I'd rather work at Target than be a pro wrestler.

#284 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

This does not look like it's going to end well.

#285 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

This does not look like it's going to end well.

This is one reason why I took a year break from pro wrestling after Chris Benoit did what he did in 2007 and began falling away from watching. Eddie Guerrero is one of my all-time favorites and Chris Benoit was only second behind Shawn Michaels. 'Twas a very sad time. We watch these people work their art for chunks of our lives, and then, usually, shit hits the fan. I am not one of those people who watch pro wrestling for the train wrecks. Wrasslin is depressing, in various aspects.

#286 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Cant stop laughing at some of these goofy ass mofos in the front

Posted Image

#287 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Got the second to last copy of the Punk bluray at my BB. Glad the dvd trade in deal started this week.

#288 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

The black guy thinks he's a cat. Quick, someone give him a yarn ball.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Luther season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#289 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

I'm the Greatest!

Hugh Morrus' kid with all the WWE gear and the cheshire cat grin cracks me up. He's oblivious to everything.

And Punk backsmacked Un-Chavo Guerrero.

#290 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

my theory on cm punk vs. fan... wwe trying to get some publicity, and if they are gonna show a clip... why not have it be their champ... why not have vince mcmahon part of the clip.
Posted Image

#291 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Got the second to last copy of the Punk bluray at my BB. Glad the dvd trade in deal started this week.

Damn, I totally forgot about this. I'll have to swing by and trade some crap in.

#292 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

ha. well.

TNA President Dixie Carter apparently reached out to the WWE fan who was upset over her son's sign being tore up at a WWE event over the weekend by Alberto Del Rio.

According to the fan, Shelly Ehler, Dixie had read about her experience with WWE and offered Ehler's family VIP passes to TNA's Bound for Glory pay-per-view. Dixie noted to Ehler that TNA’s talent would never act as Del Rio did and encouraged them to come meet Hulk Hogan and all the wrestlers on behalf of TNA.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#293 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

TNA President Dixie Carter apparently reached out to the WWE fan who was upset over her son's sign being tore up at a WWE event over the weekend by Alberto Del Rio.

According to the fan, Shelly Ehler, Dixie had read about her experience with WWE and offered Ehler's family VIP passes to TNA's Bound for Glory pay-per-view. Dixie noted to Ehler that TNA’s talent would never act as Del Rio did and encouraged them to come meet Hulk Hogan and all the wrestlers on behalf of TNA.

I hope she goes and Bully Ray rips her sign up :D

#294 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

The son's reaction: "Who?"

#295 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

I hope she goes and Bully Ray rips her sign up :D

Agreed.

Enduring assault by CM Punk is completely different from a heel wrassler ripping up a sign. This is what happens when WWE targets that 3-5 demographic.

Big points to Bully Ray if he rips up the sign and frightens the shit outta the kid.

#296 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#297 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

my theory on cm punk vs. fan... wwe trying to get some publicity, and if they are gonna show a clip... why not have it be their champ... why not have vince mcmahon part of the clip.

I highly doubt they'd risk the PR backlash and Linda's Senate race with a storyline where a WWE employee assaults a fan.

#298 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I highly doubt they'd risk the PR backlash and Linda's Senate race with a storyline where a WWE employee assaults a fan.

Ah yes. Big Bird's senate race. Gotta wonder if they'll actually punish Punk since they're presently under a microscope.

(The answer is most likely no—but this campaign is very important to the McMahons. Lotsa money has been and is being thrown at the demise of any chance at creativity in WWE for the foreseeable future.)

#299 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Can you imagine if the fan that Punk blindly swung at out of anger happened to be a woman? The backlash would have been very interesting.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#300 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Can you imagine if the fan that Punk blindly swung at out of anger happened to be a woman? The backlash would have been very interesting.

Also beautifully ironic.