Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#3301 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Did you feel it was too short? I've been trying to decide whether or not to buy the game since it came out on Tuesday.

I think it's great value and quite a lot of fun! I'm surprised admiralvic's done!
I am trying to kill Cerberus :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#3302 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Did you feel it was too short? I've been trying to decide whether or not to buy the game since it came out on Tuesday.

Buy it. It is discounted on PSN Store as well if you go digital ($35.99). I picked it up this morning after just a little time with demo and I am glad I did. I am really enjoying it.

Almost done with Thomas Was Alone as well. Very surprised (pleasantly) by this game. It is not at all what I expected it to be. I never thought I would get so invested into those little (sometimes big) blocks. Cool story and narration.

GS Feedback Sheet/Thread

https://docs.google....NWc&usp=sharing

MattNY.png

#3303 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

I think it's great value and quite a lot of fun! I'm surprised admiralvic's done!
I am trying to kill Cerberus :/

Want me to help?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3304 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

SS has online co-op?

#3305 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Here are some videos of SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny and Tekken 6, which are both available right now for PS+:

#3306 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

SS has online co-op?

Yes.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3307 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Want me to help?

having issues with the Story mode Cerberus :/
Online MP only works with the Avalon Pacts right?

some tips would be nice! i'm having issue with the one that's already roaming when you enter the level

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D

#3308 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

having issues with the Story mode Cerberus :/
Online MP only works with the Avalon Pacts right?

some tips would be nice! i'm having issue with the one that's already roaming when you enter the level

Yes, avalon pacts are the only thing you can do online.

That fight gave me some problems, but it's not impossible. I strongly suggest equipping at least 2 stone / rock element items and 1 poison element item. As soon as the fight starts, start hitting him with whatever stone item you have (ideally a projectile) and wait for his to get in petrified hell. When he's in PH, pull out something high damage and attack for a couple of seconds. Once you feel your time is running out, hit him with the poison item. This is what they call a "skillful attack" and will INSTANTLY remove the hell, but give him another stun. Pull out the stone item and try to get him in PH yet again, this will be harder, but can be done (I've never done the same hell 3 times). If you're lucky enough to pull this off, do some light damage and then hit him with poison again. This should bring him down to nothing / kill him if you're strong enough and as long as he's critical... you shouldn't have a problem (he will start falling down and is a lot slower). Beyond this, attack his spear (limits his attacks) and dog heads (stuns him), not a whole lot else to say besides this. If you're still having serious problems, I might be able to do a higher level mission to give you a more powerful tool to win.

Finally, you can dodge his lightning attack by evasively rolling towards it (I guess it goes "under" you).

#3309 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Cerberus is pretty simple once you get used to him.

Do what admiral mentioned and also bring in a shield with you.

When he gets down on all four and charges at you, have the shield out and he'll bounce off of it to be stunned for a while.

The less HP he has, the shorter the duration of the stuns so really lay into him when you're able.

Also, always try to destroy his heads as they'll trigger another stun and also it's his weakpoint so you'll be doing the most amount of damage there.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#3310 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yes, avalon pacts are the only thing you can do online.

That fight gave me some problems, but it's not impossible. I strongly suggest equipping at least 2 stone / rock element items and 1 poison element item. As soon as the fight starts, start hitting him with whatever stone item you have (ideally a projectile) and wait for his to get in petrified hell. When he's in PH, pull out something high damage and attack for a couple of seconds. Once you feel your time is running out, hit him with the poison item. This is what they call a "skillful attack" and will INSTANTLY remove the hell, but give him another stun. Pull out the stone item and try to get him in PH yet again, this will be harder, but can be done (I've never done the same hell 3 times). If you're lucky enough to pull this off, do some light damage and then hit him with poison again. This should bring him down to nothing / kill him if you're strong enough and as long as he's critical... you shouldn't have a problem (he will start falling down and is a lot slower). Beyond this, attack his spear (limits his attacks) and dog heads (stuns him), not a whole lot else to say besides this. If you're still having serious problems, I might be able to do a higher level mission to give you a more powerful tool to win.

Finally, you can dodge his lightning attack by evasively rolling towards it (I guess it goes "under" you).

thanks guys!
I'll usually bring a Shield and Golem for him along with the Attack-boosting Fruit Tree
I "specialize" in Homing spells... Eggs... Morphs.. but they seem largely useless against him..

I should add both of you to PSN!

#3311 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Go ahead, I'm almost max level and basically only play Avalon Pacts online now. PSN: BatousaiJ

Feel free to add me as well if you want to try tackling some 8-10 star missions, admiral.

#3312 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Go ahead, I'm almost max level and basically only play Avalon Pacts online now. PSN: BatousaiJ

Feel free to add me as well if you want to try tackling some 8-10 star missions, admiral.

Eh, if you need help I'll try to help (I typically die in 1 hit, so it can be a mixed bag), but I am good. When I said I was done... I meant I had the platinum ^^;;.

#3313 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Eh, if you need help I'll try to help (I typically die in 1 hit, so it can be a mixed bag), but I am good. When I said I was done... I meant I had the platinum ^^;;.

Already?

Sheesh, no worries then. I'm sure you have the next game on your list that you want to plat, aha.

#3314 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Already?

Sheesh, no worries then. I'm sure you have the next game on your list that you want to plat, aha.

Yeah.

I really got nothing. I will probably write a guide and then help a friend a bit before working on something new.

#3315 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

man... :O haha if you read a guide on various Boss strategies.. i'll read...
but gosh you're fast

I'm trying to grind for spells and shards (to level and get sigils unlocked)
but man I'm really taking sometime

Edited by wilflare, 04 May 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#3316 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

man... :O haha if you read a guide on various Boss strategies.. i'll read...
but gosh you're fast

I'm trying to grind for spells and shards (to level and get sigils unlocked)
but man I'm really taking sometime

Most bosses are pretty straight forward, though I did one on Magusar. The only exceptions are the mino and lev (though there is only one of those guys), but even then they're straight forward to a degree. Most bosses will die with relative ease (like I can solo a rank 10 Hydra with minimal to no problem), just when you get the double bosses... things become hard. Probably the griffin / phoenix combo fight is the hardest mission in the whole game.

#3317 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yeah.

I really got nothing. I will probably write a guide and then help a friend a bit before working on something new.

The best thing about this screenshot is that we now know that AdmiralVic uses the 3G service! A little peek behind the curtain.

#3318 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

The best thing about this screenshot is that we now know that AdmiralVic uses the 3G service! A little peek behind the curtain.

I don't, I just have a 3G vita (this sucker bought a first edition bundle with a 32 gb memory card at MSRP :D).

#3319 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

I don't, I just have a 3G vita (this sucker bought a first edition bundle with a 32 gb memory card at MSRP :D).

so is it safe to assume that you will be getting a PS4 at launch too?

O6d6OER.jpg

#3320 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

so is it safe to assume that you will be getting a PS4 at launch too?

-looks at my Wii U- seems likely. lol

#3321 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

expected GTA5 and PS4 launch dates line up pretty much exactly with the launch date of our first new family member, which... means as much as i want both, i'm worried i won't have time for either.

but man, i want both... if only time and money weren't in the way, lol.

#3322 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

Quick question.... Anyone have advice on a cheaper price for a 32 gb vita card?
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#3323 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

expected GTA5 and PS4 launch dates line up pretty much exactly with the launch date of our first new family member, which... means as much as i want both, i'm worried i won't have time for either.

but man, i want both... if only time and money weren't in the way, lol.

Only money is in the way, not time. Newborns dont care much about your day/night cycle. You'll be up at all hours for the first few weeks. I got in a lot of gaming with Number 1.

#3324 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

Yeah I played a ton with my kids on my lap. Especially those peak hours between getting off work at midnite and staying up til 4am, lol.

altho, pro tip, don't play too many shooters all the time with them on your lap.
my son has been actively (passively) brainwashed by me setting him on my lap since he was born and playing cod all the time. now everything is a gun and he wants to shoot everything. crazy

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3325 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

I tried looking some pages back and didn't see MGS Portable Ops vs Portable Ops Plus comparison. Is the basic breakdown:

Portable Ops:
Has 1P story mode.
Has MP with possibly closed servers.

Portable Ops Plus:
Has 1P Infinite mode (random missions).
Has expanded MP with possibly closed servers.

Is this right? And which are recommended?

#3326 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

I liked the story in Portable Ops. If the servers for both are closed, you'd be better off just getting Portable Ops. Plus was geared more toward multiplayer
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3327 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

Only money is in the way, not time. Newborns dont care much about your day/night cycle. You'll be up at all hours for the first few weeks. I got in a lot of gaming with Number 1.

It can still be hard, though. My first child wanted to be held constantly, which made playing games hard. I got pretty far on Xbox Bejeweled Infinte mode though, lol.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Atelier Rorona Plus (Vita)

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: PAX 2013: Bayonetta 2 Impressions   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#3328 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

I liked the story in Portable Ops. If the servers for both are closed, you'd be better off just getting Portable Ops. Plus was geared more toward multiplayer

After doing a little research, which I technically should I done, it appears that PO and PO+ servers were shut down last year. Guess I'll go PO for the story, thanks. It does make me wonder why PO+ is there, if multiplayer is gone...

#3329 Tonitus

Tonitus

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

It can still be hard, though. My first child wanted to be held constantly, which made playing games hard. I got pretty far on Xbox Bejeweled Infinte mode though, lol.

I can still find time to game while watching my little one, but the deep immersive games like Skyrim are harder to do. And any game with cutscenes that can't be paused can be really frustrating (your child is guaranteed to wake up and start crying at just the wrong moment!).

I've found my Vita to be wonderful for squeezing in game time while watching my child. You can always pause any game and a lot of portable games are designed for pick-up-and-play. I just got a Vita a month ago and I LOVE it. I almost think Sony should actively market it to Dads!

#3330 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

BBCSE has none of that. It's likely the easiest FG to handle aside from Tekken and the cheap PSN ones like VF2/5 and Sonic Fighters. The challenges are extremely easy (well, as required for the trophies) since you need to do so few, and then you have people with BS crap like Ragna that any scrub can use and be strong with (god I hated playing Ragnas online).

Basically, if you just want simple inputs, it's fine. There's very few of those 1-2 frame links from SF, insane motions like KOF, or super situational combos like MvC. They exist, but you can enjoy yourself plenty without ever needing to learn them.

Great to know, thanks for the input. Just bumped it off near the top of my Vita backlog in that case. I can actualy do okay in MvC thanks to the one-button super combos (or whatever they're actually called).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+