Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#361 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Q: Will Oprainfall be posting a police report or tracking numbers?
A: Due to the fact that the police report contained sensitive private information and our staff member would like to maintain a level of personal privacy, this information will only be disclosed on a need-to-know basis. At the moment, the only party privy to this information is the shipping company. Also, in respect of our staff member’s privacy, we will not publish the tracking number, which discloses address information.

I wonder how hard it is to just censor out the personal details in the tracking information. After all, whats most important is that the cases actually existed from the start and was delivered on a certain date. I guess simple words are just as good as proof for these guys.
Come check out my Trade thread!

#362 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

I'm pretty sure a UPS tracking number will only give the city and state. These guys are obviously scamming. I'm so curious as to how much they're making off this. Could it really be enough to make all this worth it?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#363 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

Q: Will Oprainfall be posting a police report or tracking numbers?
A: Due to the fact that the police report contained sensitive private information and our staff member would like to maintain a level of personal privacy, this information will only be disclosed on a need-to-know basis. At the moment, the only party privy to this information is the shipping company. Also, in respect of our staff member’s privacy, we will not publish the tracking number, which discloses address information.

I wonder how hard it is to just censor out the personal details in the tracking information. After all, whats most important is that the cases actually existed from the start and was delivered on a certain date. I guess simple words are just as good as proof for these guys.

I like how the same person who put online that he'd post his police report now wants to protect his privacy. Web of lies.

#364 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

Lol, did anyone see this response from one of the guys from Operation Rainfall?:
Do us a favor and leave. I understand people are worried about money that they donated, but if you've got no patience and resort only to belittling us then just leave and don't come back.

And here we are: do not ask questions! Those that do will be removed. Which will lead to... those that stay, well, please donate to help our friend who just had his Thanksgiving and Christmas ruined by thieves. :cry: If you donate $10 or more to help him out, you'll get a free Project Rainfall case for your troubles! ;)

I'm pretty sure a UPS tracking number will only give the city and state. These guys are obviously scamming. I'm so curious as to how much they're making off this. Could it really be enough to make all this worth it?

This is correct, so the lie is obvious. As for how much they made off with, your name is the answer! But is it worth interstate fraud charges? This might get interesting!

I like how the same person who put online that he'd post his police report now wants to protect his privacy. Web of lies.

Yeah- what's so daft about it is they named the employee, stated basically what was stolen and how it happened (with a few variation twists). Despite being a public record, we probably can't access the case being it's an "on-going" investigation. However, they would probably have access to it and could provide a censored copy.

They can easily clear their names. They choose not to.
Posted Image

#365 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

I like how they removed the "theft" posts from the top of their front page to... nowhere.

EDIT* The update today says we can ask for a refund. I'm sending in a request...

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#366 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

I like how they removed the "theft" posts from the top of their front page to... nowhere.

EDIT* The update today says we can ask for a refund. I'm sending in a request...

I'd imagine you'll receive your $10, along with the other 12 that request it. I find it hard to fathom that they'd obviously scam those who request refunds. But whatever, this whole situation's ridiculous, and deplorable...The company needs to be shutdown.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#367 jello44

jello44

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

I'm sure there are lots more examples too if someone really wants to go digging. Just doing a google search to see all the interviews they did they certainly weren't shy about promoting themselves.

You want to know the real reason?

Gamestop went to Nintendo and said "Here's a shitload of money, publish the game and make it a Gamestop exclusive title."

72768.png

#368 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'm so curious as to how much they're making off this. Could it really be enough to make all this worth it?

Probably none. I'll bet that it's all gone, spent on website hosting fees and other random bills. They had no idea what they were doing and dragged their feet on getting the boxes designed and printed, meanwhile they were using the donation money to keep their website going. Now the money's gone and they have nothing to show for it, and they're just trying to save face.

I mean come on, these guys are NOT shy about promoting themselves and their quote-unquote accomplishments. If they had actually produced these "press kits" or even a prototype or test box, the website would be slathered in pictures of it.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#369 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

The robbery vic/site owner wrote a rather lengthy post today in the thread... despite his later insistence that he doesn't have time to deal with this shit.

I think he actually makes a semi-decent attempt to clarify the various posts issue, but when it comes to everything else he is back to dancing around the questions. When asked how much the donation made, he says "I've been advised to not share this since we are offering refunds." That doesn't make a lick of sense without any context: what is the relation between offering refunds and showing how much you made? That's like me saying "I can't tell you how much I weigh because it's Tuesday."

Poor unclebob has been calmly and rationally pleaing for the tracking information: even posting one of his own to show how harmless it is. This guy's response was "if I posted that you'd just see that it was delivered." I'm not going to touch that one. A calm request for the printing company's name was outright ignored, even though he refers to "the printing company" multiple times.

To wrap it all up, the guy mentions on multiple occasions that this is a non-issue because they are offering refunds (which completely ignores what people actually want), has some rather harsh words for "CAG trolls", and mentions that he doesn't care about these boxes because he is busy in these "trying times" That last one gets to me. I've been robbed before. It sucks. It makes you feel miserable and a bit insecure for a good week or so: but these guys are throwing around words like "tragedy", "trying times" and "picking up the pieces"... the words you normally use when you are faced with a death in the family, not when a thief steals your fucking electronics. Furthermore, this guy should realize that when you are dealing with other people's money, you can't really afford to play the argument-by-emotion game.

Ultimately I think I've had enough of this nonsense. I'm packing up shop. Luckily, I feel pretty confident that they've made their own bed with these shenanigans, and they'll be hard-pressed to get away with this again in the future.

Edited by iamsmart, 05 December 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#370 tanders

tanders

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

It seems to me that everyone, including press, OP, and the readers will be brushing this under the rug. What gets me is probably every fundraiser I can think of, announces how much money they make at the end of the fundraiser. They went into detail why they couldn't do a Kickstarter for this...(but they could've done Indiegogo) but perhaps they avoided all these platforms in order to avoid showing us how much they raised.

What are they hiding? Let's forget the police report, and tracking number...or whatever. Though the simple tracking number, or even an email confirmation from the company or anything that these were even ordered would help prove these existed. But let's forget about that for a minute....

When a group asks for money, they should be able to state what they did with it exactly, otherwise what's the point of ever donating in the future?

In their FAQ they state:

"In a single phrase, the entire incident could have been avoided had it not been for “bad PR”."

When you ask for money from people, be prepared to answer what you did with it or how much you collected. It's not about BAD PR. Don't blame the people who gave you the money for pete sake for getting a little feisty. Sure there are insulting trolls out there. But having readers, donators, and the public asking legitimate questions to a public group should be EXPECTED at some point. It is only bad PR when the receiver REFUSES to answer. They seemed quick to point fingers at the "CAG Trolls" that this uproar was really our fault.

No one should ever have to blindly just take someone's word for it
just for the simple fact that they run a video game news site people enjoy reading. Of course people who write on a website will be able to eloquently speak in a post to make people believe in them...

To me, OP Rainfall is all about "bait and switch." How will we ever know the original cases EVER existed. Even if the cases show up at everyone's doorstep, those could very well be the very first print run. I guess people will never know if those cases are a first print run, or a second.

But I guess their readers are okay with that, sadly, therefore they will survive this.

In all honestly they probably were just hoping no one would really notice the post.

So people will get their cases, or refunds. But really, that's not even the point.

How long should people wait to get more information about the cases until they believe it was never going to happen?

Again, it was never about the cases...it was about being an honest, candid group that wasn't afraid to prove to the community that you guys are truly good folk. Instead, the readers are just expected to blindly trust in people we really don't know.

My main question (and most important imo) for OP would have to be, Besides Funding your own website for hosting and servers, what did you really do with the Pandora's Tower press kit money you asked people money for?

#371 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

I responded to their owner's post yesterday. It angers me that after all this time, they still think people's only concern is getting their cases or a refund. It makes me wonder if they are just saying that on purpose. Also, labeling the CAG as the trolls and openly admitting that this incident isn't his priority makes me wonder if he/Oprainfall really feels responsible for all this.

In the end, nothing was provided for us people to see. They aren't willing to help us understand yet they want our full understanding. For those of us who just wanted some answers, words that may or may not hold any truth were all we got. I'm afraid this is all we are going to get no matter how much we question them.

For my trust for the human kind, I'm going to (I want to) believe just one thing he said. The story about him getting robbed. Whether it has anything to do with the cases or not, it certainly is a difficult thing for anyone to deal with. I don't want to give the guy a break. And it doesn't feel like this is getting anywhere. I'm starting to wonder if enough people even care. Especially when its only handful of people that posts on their page.

Edited by lilseung, 05 December 2012 - 08:13 AM.

Come check out my Trade thread!

#372 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

There is one interesting point as well that needs to be made here.

The original poster of this thread snakeinthegrass has literally logged in every single day since this thread has been bumped (I've been monitoring it) Yet he has not had anything to say. If you are going to be reading and following this thread, at least say something. It makes me wonder if the OP is this same Steve Boaz guy.

#373 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

There is one interesting point as well that needs to be made here.

The original poster of this thread snakeinthegrass has literally logged in every single day since this thread has been bumped (I've been monitoring it) Yet he has not had anything to say. If you are going to be reading and following this thread, at least say something. It makes me wonder if the OP is this same Steve Boaz guy.

I doubt it. SITG has been silent in this thread since posting the OP iirc. Not just after they were found out to be lying turds.

#374 tanders

tanders

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

A calm request for the printing company's name was outright ignored, even though he refers to "the printing company" multiple times.

Yeah. He basically stated the name of the printing company will NOT be disclosed until AFTER the boxes are printed. Not sure the secrecy on this one, unless he didn't want a bunch of people calling the company and bothering them with ETA.

To me, since the fans and followers is what made OP successful, it just bothers me that something like this could even remotely happen and they almost just shrugged it off as "whatever too bad". I still think it's going to get brushed under the carpet and forgotten in a couple weeks. It's been a few days and seems to already have been.

And if someone really got robbed I feel bad for him. That would be scary.

#375 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Yeah. He basically stated the name of the printing company will NOT be disclosed until AFTER the boxes are printed. Not sure the secrecy on this one, unless he didn't want a bunch of people calling the company and bothering them with ETA.

To me, since the fans and followers is what made OP successful, it just bothers me that something like this could even remotely happen and they almost just shrugged it off as "whatever too bad". I still think it's going to get brushed under the carpet and forgotten in a couple weeks. It's been a few days and seems to already have been.

And if someone really got robbed I feel bad for him. That would be scary.

I believe nobody got robbed, the donators were not kept track of, the press kits were never assembled, and the boxes were never ordered. And now they are acting "better than thou" because people are pissed at them.

#376 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I believe nobody got robbed, the donators were not kept track of, the press kits were never assembled, and the boxes were never ordered. And now they are acting "better than thou" because people are pissed at them.

Pretty much this.

The whole thing played out like:

OR: Give us money and we will help games get released and give you a cool box? Isn't that neat?

Donators: Are we there yet?

OR: Not yet.

OR: So, uh, the boxes, got like stolen from the inside, no I mean outside, of the apartment, no I mean house.

Donators: Hmm, well since we gave our money can we at least see some proof?

OR: WOT!? HOW DARE YOU! WE ARE VICTIMS HERE! BEGONE!!

#377 ancientbarb

ancientbarb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

PicoHero
"I'm so sorry you had to go through this. And that many people are being S**t heads about it. I'll pray that everything will get better for you and your family. Thank you for taking the time to reason with people."

This is exactly the type of people that pisses me off.

#378 toper

toper

"ggggbabybabybaby"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

scam

#379 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

PicoHero
"I'm so sorry you had to go through this. And that many people are being S**t heads about it. I'll pray that everything will get better for you and your family. Thank you for taking the time to reason with people."

It's important to curry favor with extremely minor internet celebrities.

Love ya CheapyD! ;)

#380 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Lol. This is posted in their comments section.

I don't get the big deal. someone at OpRf was in a hurry and didn't have all the info. The next day we get the full story. Cases are insured and are gonna be reprinted. and if people don't like it, OpRf has said that they will refund you if you just send them an email.
the only people I see complaining are from CheapAssGamer, and even then, the only people that are complaining either didn't read all the updates or don't really care cuz they didn't make a donation.
Am I pissed because I made a donation? A little. I'm a little pissed that they were in a hurry to make the first post, which seemed like they wer trying to say "the cases were stolen you're all screwed".
Then we got an update that clarified and another update explaining a bit more. Now we know the full story and people are still bent outta shape?
A police report and tracking number won't do anything at this point, and even then, CAG would probably still say they forging it.
I'm gonna wait and see if I still get my case and if nothing happens in a few weeks then I might request a refund but I still might not request a refund just because I still like the news on oprainfall because they actually talk about games and not stuff like Japanese food and Babes.
Just sayin

WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#381 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

What's the deal with all the CAG mentions? Are no other sites/forums discussing this?

#382 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

More: This Steven Baez guy hates us. Also, he made an account here. This is the what he posted in their comments section in response to somebody asking for transparency. Unfortunately, because their formatting is different from ours (or some reason), it turns into a massive wall of text when copy/pasted here.

Hey, you bring up several good points. My name is Steven, and I am both an admin here at Oprainfall and the one that this incident happened to.
Yeah, I've been without steady internet the past few days, so I haven't been able to address this as properly as I would have liked to.
First off, contrary to the CheapAssGamer forums (which I have thoroughly caught up on), we aren't "changing our stories". Unlike major "games journalism" sites, Oprainfall does not have a central office. We're scattered around the world and our main communication method is via the internet, and in emergency situations, we will make phone calls.
When I came home to find my house vandalized and pretty much everything of value stolen, my wife and I were traumatized. The next morning, when I had finally regained some composure, I came into the chat group that Oprainfall operates from to let them know what had happened. At that moment in time, I didn't even give a shit about the cases. I was more concerned that my wife and I would need to find a new place to live.
Richard, a fellow admin here at Oprainfall immediately thought of Oprainfall and the cases, and his first course of action was "full disclosure". Which would have been GREAT if he had all of the details. The only problem was that in our limited communication, very little of what made it to the initial post (which has since been hidden) is actually what happened. Several facts were distorted in the initial post, leading forum-goers to think that we had stolen their money and ran with it. The fact that it was the weekend and our printer was closed did not help matters. If I had been robbed during the daylight in the middle of the week, it would have been far more convenient because I could have immediately called the printer to request a duplicate receipt for our goods. But, unfortunately, whatever assholes decided to do this did it at night, at the start of the weekend, when my wife and I were away from the house.
I have noticed that the forum users at CheapAssGamer have been trying to do some internet sleuthing, and I guess they (maybe) deserve props for finding my old address from a few years ago registered to my old company that I happened to register our domains under. As nice as it is that "investigative journalists" are trying to dig up "the truth", unfortunately there's not much more to it than that. How do we know that the users are coming from CheapAssGamer forums? Because our analytic data showed that nearly 90% of readers on the post we made about the cases came directly from CheapAssGamer or were users refreshing the page after coming from CAG. I'm not putting any blame on the actual website, for the record, it just so happens that they have some pretty shitty trolls.
My first thought when a police record was requested was: "sure, no problem, it only takes a minute to scan this thing." But then I gave it some more thought and quite simply put, I don't want that shit posted on the internet.
I don't have the time to sit and edit out a police record because 1) I've been legally advised that although it wouldn't HURT, it actually won't HELP either (and if we're really lying, wouldn't it be much easier to just make a photoshop?). 2) We're offering a full refund for anyone that wants their money back. No questions asked, just send us an email. I fully admit that this process took MUCH longer than expected, and this is partially MY fault for putting my personal life ahead of the cases, and partially because of going with a cheap understaffed printer. I wouldn't expect much less from dissatisfied donators. And 3) the cases were insured. The original receipt was lost in the mess of my home being vandalized, (which led to more confusion for the poor editor that made the original post), but our printer happily provided us with all the information we needed, including the tracking number and the fact that the boxes were insured. We've filed a claim with the shipping company, and when reimbursed, we'll order more cases. If you "don't buy it", ask for a refund, it's really that simple.
I've been advised that our financial information is private since we are offering a full refund to anyone that asks. I can say this much: the amount of money we made in donations was barely enough to cover the costs to print the cases and have them shipped. You can do the math yourself to find out how much it costs to have 1000 sheets of cardboard printed and shipped.
Someone earlier asked for an ETA - at the moment, we do not know. Here's the factors to consider, though: 1) the shipping company must process our claim and issue our refund (if they don't we will either pay for the cases out of our pockets or just issue everyone a full refund, and you'll hear about that when WE know the answer). 2) We must pay the cases to be reprinted (the printer asks for full payment in advance. However, since they already have our design on file, this time around should be MUCH quicker than before. 3) Once the cases are printed and shipped to our staff, we still need to package and mail each case individually. We maintain a secure database of each and every transaction. No one is forgotten. This is in addition to the records kept on PayPal itself.
Oprainfall as a whole will continue to operate, as there are approximately 30 volunteers now that research and write articles. Only a handful were responsible for the cases.
Did we miscommunicate to our audience by making the original, uninformed post? Yes.Was it irresponsible for it to take this long for the cases to arrive? Partially (I defend that because I don't get paid for this - I do Oprainfall in my spare time and my real life comes first). But ultimately, yes.Are we trying to fix the situation? Yes. As best as we can, actually. Everyone that donated will either get a case eventually or will get a refund, it's REALLY that simple.
Will the cases be shipped to the same address? No. My wife and I live in a house (no, it's not an apartment, yes we rent, no we don't have renter's insurance, and no we don't live with my parents, although for the past few days we have been staying with my in-laws while our landlord repairs some of the damage). The reprinted cases will be shipped to a secure address in a much safer location (obviously I'm not going to post it here).
When will
Do I have your money? No. Although it would sure be nice to have money right now since my home was broken into, we're looking for a new place to live, and I've had to purchase a new computer for work (as I work from home, and yes, CheapAssGamer readers got it right, I do website design!). If I had your money, I wouldn't be defending myself and I sure as hell wouldn't be visiting the CAG forums right now. (I did set up an account, but it takes a few days to comment, apparently)
Please feel free to use this comment wherever needed. But my words reflect ME, not Oprainfall (or I'd write an article about it). And if I see this comment taken out of context (which it probably will be), I'll be sure to head to CheapAssGamers forums myself to post the full body of this comment. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sensationalized headline on one of the major gaming sites taking this entire situation out of context as easy click-bait.
So as the fuckheads of the internet try to convince others I'm on a vacation in the Bahamas laughing all the way to the bank, my wife and I are trying to piece together our lives as best as we can.
Was this post TL;DR?1) We made several PR errors while handling this situation (yes, I admit, we fucked up)2) We're in the process of fixing it.3) Don't believe it? Ask for a refund.
---
Jean , I apologize that I'm making this post as a reply to your questions, I'm just a little more than pissed off that this is something that I have to deal with during a particularly trying time for my wife and I, and as much as I understand that the slips of cardboard are meaningful to people, I've got a lot of real life business to take care of at the moment.
Okay, carry on.

(More from Steven, a couple posts later...)

Also, this should also be clarified:
1) We made an editorial mistake by not posting that refunds could be requested when we made our second post. Once we stated that we would offer a refund, that offer still stood, even though the line of text was mistakenly forgotten. We still stand by that. If you want a refund, just ask. MEANING: IF YOU ASK FOR A REFUND, YOU WILL GET IT AS LONG AS YOU GIVE US SOMETHING TO SEARCH FOR IN OUR DATABASE.
2) There's been no secrecy regarding the cases aside from the exact number of people that donated enough to get a case. I'm not sure if we will ever disclose that number unless required by law, but I can tell you that after we ship all of the cases to those who donated, we will still have more than half of them sitting collecting dust. It would have been nice to have ordered a smaller batch.
3) When we reprint the cases, I'll post the tracking number for the new batch so you can all follow along. If I posted the current tracking number, all you'll see is "delivered".
4) I don't get why people keep thinking we claim to have "brought over" Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. Sure, we made a lot of noise and did free promotion, but I think it's pretty clear that those decisions were made by Nintendo and XSEED possibly even before our campaign started. Pandora's Tower would have only been different if one of the publishers we pitched to actually picked up the title. Well, it isn't here, so obviously we can't claim shit on that one.

WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#383 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Funny shit. It looks like I and the other people who mentioned his living quarters got under his skin. At least he finally answered the "house versus apartment" question... Even though I'm hesitant to believe anything they say at this point. :lol:

It also looks like the two people that donated in this thread got $10 worth of entertainment out of this whole fiasco. Thanks for giving me and the rest of us free popcorn reading!

#384 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Doesnt their own comments say that while its not official that they brought the last story and xenoblade here, but its clearly obvious that they did?

#385 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Doesnt their own comments say that while its not official that they brought the last story and xenoblade here, but its clearly obvious that they did?

They had nothing to do with either game. Gamestop went to Nintendo of America and made a deal for exclusivity because they knew it would sell, and NoA is famous for not bringing RPGs over. It came out in June 2010 in JP, while finally coming out here in April 2012, only because they were handed money and zero risk.

XSEED was responsible for bringing The Last Story to NA.

#386 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Oh no, im not saying they did at all. Im just saying in his rant he said he has no idea why anyone brings up that they said that they helped bring the game here when they had a post acting like they did.

#387 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Re: MEANING: IF YOU ASK FOR A REFUND, YOU WILL GET IT AS LONG AS YOU GIVE US SOMETHING TO SEARCH FOR IN OUR DATABASE.

They don't have a database. If they did they wouldn't need people to send them their info to send a refund back.

Re: They weren't responsible for bringing those games over.

Yes we know. The point was that they were basically saying 'We never claimed to be responsible for bringing those gsmes over...but really we were'

#388 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Re: MEANING: IF YOU ASK FOR A REFUND, YOU WILL GET IT AS LONG AS YOU GIVE US SOMETHING TO SEARCH FOR IN OUR DATABASE.

They don't have a database. If they did they wouldn't need people to send them their info to send a refund back.

Re: They weren't responsible for bringing those games over.

Yes we know. The point was that they were basically saying 'We never claimed to be responsible for bringing those gsmes over...but really we were'

I bet if they have a "database" it's some sort of Microsoft word or PowerPoint file.

#389 tanders

tanders

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

What's the deal with all the CAG mentions? Are no other sites/forums discussing this?

Nope. I saw a few forum posts on Gamespot about this here:

http://www.gamespot....tists-64798740/

But not much has come from it.

Seems like no one else besides CAG is talking about this at all, which is kind of unfortunate.

OP Rainfall really made no effort to let people know about the cases. I'm sure they were hoping few would notice. So essentially followers who haven't checked the site lately, or saw the Facebook post may not even know what's going on yet. If they really wanted people to know about refunds, and keep them informed there would be more Tweets and Facebook discussion over this. Instead the original post got put up late on a Saturday night when traffic on websites are lower and that was it.

Edited by tanders, 06 December 2012 - 06:00 AM.
added link

#390 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

It's kind of sad, because I'm willing to bet there are also a bunch of people that forgot who may never even get the cases. When you buy a ton of crap you tend to forget these things. When I look at the whole picture, I see a site that tried to make it's own name for itself, bring in an audience, however it seemed their mission was to gain recognition and not to bring those games over. Now they have a fan base so they can tell people to F off, and those same people will follow them mindlessly because they have been with them ever since.

If they genuinely wanted to get these cases out to people, they have done a bad job of portraying this.