Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#4441 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Why are they so bad?

They are very uninspired and the humor (which is a big part of the game) was flat. The only funny part I found was the horsless-headman bit. That's it. The new characters are not appealing, the new buildings are confusing, and the game mechanics have not changed -not that they need to.
To give you an idea how bland they are: I have played this game every week for the past 8 months or so. I play the main story every week. I have not bothered playing the dlc again after I finished it, and really couldn't wait to get done with it the first time around.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#4442 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Am I the only one that can't get into Castle Crashers? It's a genre I like but I recall the controls feeling too clunky/stiff. Does the Xbox version do anything different from the PS3 version?

No, you're not the only one.

As for this Rewards promo going on, MS sure made it as confusing as possible. The number of people on here and the Rewards thread that don't understand exactly what to do is really high.

Also, fixed the bad ilomilo link in the OP.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4443 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Anybody else miss out on the Dragonborn DLC because it was put up and then taken down at a weird time?

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#4444 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

The only thing that wasn't clear to me was if add-ons for XBLA games counted towards the 3,200 spent (especially since they mentioned the Walking Dead). Otherwise, I understood it for the most part. Play 20 hours worth of XBLA games (any combination), each punch showing 5 hours of play. Buy 4 games priced 400 MSP or more, 1 punch = 1 game. Then 3,200 total spent on XBLA games (something like 400 + 400 counts), with 800 spent = 1 punch.

My plan is to just get 4 XBLA games at 800 each. Covers two of the punch cards at once, which just leaves the 20 hours, & I'm sure I've hit 10 hours by now. It's just the fact that it takes a couple of days to update that might be a bit confusing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4445 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

So given the choie between "Deadlight" and "Mark of the Ninja" which would you choose?

#4446 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

So given the choie between "Deadlight" and "Mark of the Ninja" which would you choose?

Doh!
Was that a serious question, or were you being sarcastic?

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4447 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Doh!
Was that a serious question, or were you being sarcastic?

I've heard Mark of the ninja is awesome but not much on Deadlight. Serious question. I assumed MotN but Deadlight at least looks interesting, not sure how it plays.

#4448 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I've heard Mark of the ninja is awesome but not much on Deadlight. Serious question. I assumed MotN but Deadlight at least looks interesting, not sure how it plays.

I've played about 20 minutes of each so I am not going to give you my personal opinion.
However, the last few days a TON of people here weighed in on both games, that's why I was asking if you were being serious. The vast majority of people here think that MoTN is awesome. The vast majority of people here also think that Deadlight is a pile of crap. So there you go. :)

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4449 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Deadlight is a 3-4 hour game that I got bored of after the first 1/3 or so. It has some interesting ideas but loses steam quickly. It's slow, which isn't necessarily a problem, but begins to feel tedious after that first 1/3. It was like they didn't know what they wanted to do after that or didn't have time to flesh it out more.

Mark of the Ninja gives you a ton of stuff to do, reasons to go back and play it again, and every part of it feels really well designed. I think my first time through took me about 8 hours. I got every achievement after about 15. I stopped playing and finally moved on to something else after 20. It's excellent.

#4450 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

I have to wonder how Microsoft keeps releasing these $15 games for $10 at launch to screw over the publisher/developer.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4451 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Just finished the demo for Mark of the Ninja. You guys are right; this is a good game. Ok, I lied I didn't finish the demo. I stopped halfway to purchase it. :)

Would any of you recommend Guardian Heroes or Special Forces: Team X?

Am I the only one that can't get into Castle Crashers? It's a genre I like but I recall the controls feeling too clunky/stiff. Does the Xbox version do anything different from the PS3 version?

I would very much recommend Guardian Heroes. I love that game, played it a lot with my buddy on the Saturn. If you get it, don't play it on easy, since you don't unlock anything. :)

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)

Akiba's Trip (Vita)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: Let's Play Legend of Dragoon #2   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#4452 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

Thanks to all who posted about the Plants vs Zombies pinball dlc, guess i will just buy it as it is only 120 msp.

Also for those people that have been waiting for a Skyrim complete edition with all the dlc it is coming out in June and it is called Skyrim Legendary Edition
http://www.ozgamesho...n-game-xbox-360

#4453 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Also for those people that have been waiting for a Skyrim complete edition with all the dlc it is coming out in June and it is called Skyrim Legendary Edition
http://www.ozgamesho...n-game-xbox-360

I guess that means the final DLC will be out by then too.

#4454 disilluzion

disilluzion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

The UPS guy just gave me a 1600 MSP card from buy.com

I have never done business with buy.com

I'm not complaining, just confused...

#4455 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I wanted to come up with a witty reply, but my mind is pulling a blank. So I'll just leave this here...
Spoiler

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4456 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4457 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Double Dragon II is nightmarishly bad.

I call it - this year's AMY, hell even that game is more playable than DD II.
It runs with sub 20fps all the time, controls are unresponsive and on top of that every enemy attacks at the same time. Plain, plain bad.

Did anyone saw desctiption of this game on XBL:

''This is a remake “Double Dragon II” a 80’s game. The story line takes same as original game story. However, the graphic, character, action, system etc. are change. Also we are including new stage and enemy in the game. The player will be addicted to new version of Double Dragon II. Also, characters are undressed from 80’s style, and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.''

:lol:

#4458 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

It runs with sub 20fps all the time, controls are unresponsive and on top of that every enemy attacks at the same time. Plain, plain bad.

''This is a remake “Double Dragon II” a 80’s game. The story line takes same as original game story. However, the graphic, character, action, system etc. are change. Also we are including new stage and enemy in the game. The player will be addicted to new version of Double Dragon II. Also, characters are undressed from 80’s style, and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.''

that should be a PS Mini:rofl:it's a rare game when the description is more entertaining:booty:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4459 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

I didn't think Deadlight was as bad as people are making it out to be, but I only paid $2 for the Steam copy and had fairly low expectations going in. I would say the game's length was just right at 4.5 hours. My biggest gripe was the inconsistent controls. At times it seemed a bit random whether you would make a jump or fail. Also, it was often difficult to distinguish between platforms you could land on and background elements. This made some of the sections more difficult than they needed to be. The story was forgettable, but I enjoyed my time with it all in all. Would only recommend it at 400 points or less though.

Dust was a decent enough game, but I can't agree with all the praise it's getting on here. My initial impression was positive until I realized the metroidvania elements were half baked. The game plays more like a beatem up, and there's nothing wrong with that as I love beat em ups. The problem is the game is fairly lengthy (8-10 hours) and there's just not enough new gameplay mechanics introduced over its course to keep things interesting. It became very repetitive for me about half way in. Didn't really help that the art style/voice acting/story did absolutely nothing for me.

Mark of the Ninja is fantastic and easily one of the best games on the XBLA platform.

#4460 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

A little heads up: for those who didn't catch it during the Russian/Chinese marketplace craze, seems that Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale has gone FREE again, this time for Indian Marketplace.

The game is a pretty boring dungeon romp, slightly more fun in co-op, but hey... FREE is FREE, right? 8-)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#4461 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

A little heads up: for those who didn't catch it during the Russian/Chinese marketplace craze, seems that Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale has gone FREE again, this time for Indian Marketplace.

The game is a pretty boring dungeon romp, slightly more fun in co-op, but hey... FREE is FREE, right? 8-)

Thanks for the heads-up. Strangely enough, it's displaying as Free on the Buy button when I'm logged in with my U.S. account, but after I click the Buy button and get the option to Confirm the purchase, it tries to charge me 800 MSP. Just a warning.

#4462 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

I have to be honest. I did not believe you and went to check out the description myself. ;)

It all makes sense to me now though. The publisher (and possibly developer) are Korean, so they were probably playing Starcraft 2 while programming the game and typing the description. I am really more shocked that they didn't accidentally type the words "Zerg" or "Protoss" in there.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4463 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

time to make another xbl account...

#4464 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

I actually really liked Deadlight. The art direction and theme in that game was great. I played it primarily for the story, but the combat (finishing zombies off in particular could be really satisfying at times) and gameplay were pretty solid too. Probably my favorite Summer of Arcade game from the bunch.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#4465 Polerand

Polerand

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Nice! Although, have you bought anything from Rakuten.com? Same company and they've had some deals on points recently I thought.

#4466 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. Strangely enough, it's displaying as Free on the Buy button when I'm logged in with my U.S. account, but after I click the Buy button and get the option to Confirm the purchase, it tries to charge me 800 MSP. Just a warning.

also noticed this, glad I didn't tempt myself and actually purchase it. Redeemed fine on my new account, will go turn on my 360 in a few minutes and see if it downloads;)

#4467 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

I have to be honest. I did not believe you and went to check out the description myself. ;)

It all makes sense to me now though. The publisher (and possibly developer) are Korean, so they were probably playing Starcraft 2 while programming the game and typing the description. I am really more shocked that they didn't accidentally type the words "Zerg" or "Protoss" in there.

I checked to see who the developer was (Gravity) & it turns out they did that MMO Ragnarok.

The developer, Cyber Front, seems to have some different divisions (they published some random games in Japan, the latest being Skullgirls. They published Zombie Driver HD in the US), though the one that did this game was Korean.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4468 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

I can't believe people actually liked Deadlight. To steal from a great who died yesterday, I hated this game. Hated hated hated hated hated this game. Hated it. I have over 100 XBLA games, and I've only ever deleted one off my harddrive. That game is Deadlight.

Awful controls, awful combat, awful platforming, awful story, but just enough promise and potential to make you mad that the game wasn't better.

#4469 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

My favorite part of the double dragon description is the sexy line. Can't wait to see jimmy and billy in those skinny jeans....

#4470 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I can't believe people actually liked Deadlight. To steal from a great who died yesterday, I hated this game. Hated hated hated hated hated this game. Hated it. I have over 100 XBLA games, and I've only ever deleted one off my harddrive. That game is Deadlight.

Awful controls, awful combat, awful platforming, awful story, but just enough promise and potential to make you mad that the game wasn't better.

As someone who lives around Seattle too, besides the Space Needle... nothing about the city really represented Seattle.