Windows Phone 7 game discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#421 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

I played the demo for Beards and Beaks this morning. Liked it enough to spend the $3.

I have one complaint with the game. When new things get introduced, you get a little tutorial. This tutorial is just a chalkboard with little drawings on it. A good number of these, I just stare at and am not sure what it is trying to teach me. I guess I have the sound off. Maybe there is talking going on, but I'm assuming not. I wish the tutorials did a better job teaching me the game's mechanics.

When you finish a level, you get zero to 3 gnomes. Kinda like getting 3 stars in Angry Birds. Some levels I've finished with 1 gnome and I don't know why. Then I think I do bad on a level and get 3 gnomes.

I'm sure I'll learn how this game is played better from other people's experience. I just wish the game would do that. If I'm completely missing something in the game's menues, let me know.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the gameplay. :)

#422 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

Agreed on all counts! I'm interviewing the developer and I will try to discreetly criticize the tutorials and encourage their revision.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#423 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

Any interesting bit about Beards and Birds. The game comes with 3 worlds and each world has like 10-15 levels. There is a 4th world available for download, but it costs $1. There is also a 5th world on the map, but it looks to be DLC coming soon.

One weird thing is you buy the DLC with MS points. The same MS points you have linked to your Xbox 360.

Also, you have special powers like dropping meteors. You use mushrooms to power these special powers. The mushrooms charge over time. Like you get another batch every hour, real world time. You can use MS points to buy more mushrooms if you don't feel like waiting an hour.

So, the game has DLC maps and boosters that you pay for with MS points. Not sure if there is another game out there like this.

#424 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

They need a better explanation on the mushrooms, as I learned about the recharging from WPCentral, not from anything in the game. The full game is enjoyable though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#425 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

My Plants vs. Zombies review is live. It's probably my best review and I would appreciate if you guys checked it out.

Here's my Sonic 4 review too.

Finally, I reviewed Pokedex Mobile, created by CAG's own Zophar. Great app for Pokemon fans.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#426 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:00 AM

Okay, I kind of forgot to post about this here. My bad!

Last weekend, we asked our readers what mobile games they would like to see ported to Windows Phone as Xbox Live titles. To make things exciting, we promised to award Beards & Beaks avatar prop codes to the nine most convincing and/or interesting entries. After pouring over the overwhelming number of entries in the contest forum thread, we have chosen nine winners.

Contest results - What mobile games WPCentral readers would like to see ported to Windows Phone

It was tough picking just nine winners, but I think it made for a great wrap-up article. Please visit the results page and post supportive comments as Microsoft will definitely be looking at the article this week. :)

-Paul Acevedo

#427 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

I ended up buying Sally's Salon last night. I kinda like this type of game and wanted to play it. I bought the Star Wars Cantina game, but that got too hard once Jabba showed up. Sally's Salon definitely seems easier, but it is fun. I've cleared through 3 salons and got to the hotel and haven't failed once or lost a customer.

I thought about waiting for the game to be a $3 deal, but figured I can afford $2 more. :)

#428 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

DOTW PES 2011 for 2.99. I'm going to skip after reading the reviews on marketplace. Many of the latest say the game just quits working and won't open after awhile.

Free sudoku and mindsweeper are up. I couldn't find them on the phones marketplace. Opened Zune on pc and went to games and release date and they showed up.

#429 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

I downloaded sudoku and minesweeper over 2 hours ago from my phone.

I'll be skipping the soccer game as the deal of the week.

#430 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

I liked the PES demo, those reviews are a bit worrying but for $3 I'll give it a shot.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#431 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Anybody pick up the Gravity Guy game? I played the demo and immediately liked it. I bought it this morning and now I deeply regret it. That game gets way too hard, way too fast.

Maybe I'm too old, but the game gets moving really frickin fast. I just can't keep up.

#432 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

Eh, I beat the game with little effort. Levels are easy once you know the pattern.

#433 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

I WANT AN RPG!! The only RPG I could find is Dungeon Stalker and while it looks like a great Dungeon Master clone, it's not a LIVE game! Come on, someone make a good first person dungeon crawler or top down action RPG!

#434 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

The following 3 games are on sale as seen on the xbox 360 dashboard:

Fruit Ninja (Save 33%)
Fable Coin Golf (Save 40%)
Hydro Thunder GO (Save 40%)

www.xbox.com/countdown2012windowsphone
Posted Image

Posted Image

#435 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Does anyone know if AlphaJax uses cloud saving like Wordament?

While were at it, does anyone have a complete list of Xbox LIVE WP games that use cloud saving? I know there can't be many.
Posted ImagePosted Image