Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Wii U eShop Deals - 9/11: 50% Off Just Dance Games, $5 Zelda SNES/GBA, $5 Mega Man X/X2, $3.49 Kid Icarus, $5 F-Zero, & $8 Unepic!

Wii U eShop Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
1894 replies to this topic

#421 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

I might have been wrong this time.

http://www.nintendo.com/games

If you do a lot of clicking, you can click "digital download" and click on the game you're interested in to find, in very small print, the price.  I searched for Trine 2: DC, and it showed up as $7.99, so it seems accurate.  Now if only it would let me buy stuff and put it on an account, a la PSN.

Edit: It doesn't work very well.

#422 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

The new deal for this week:

ZombiU - $41.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/1

Remember, that ends at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET tomorrow morning.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#423 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Wow!  I didn't know ZombiU stayed so high on the 'shop.  Europe has been getting some pretty deep discounts, so I thought we might see it for $15 or something.

Guess if I want ZombiU, I'd better get it for $25 on Amazon (or risk waiting for lower).  I like digital copies, but not for $41.  Glad they exposed their overpricing now so I didn't buy a Wii U expecting it to be $20 on there.

#424 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

I honestly thought it was a typo and was $14.99

#425 Jardarpp

Jardarpp

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

That price for ZombiU is ridiculous!

Jardarpp.png

#426 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

If it were $14.99, I would again curse not being able to buy Wii U eShop games without a Wii U and would have to refrain from buying a Zelda Wii U just to take advantage of the deal.

(If there are no good black Friday deals on a Wii U Deluxe, preferably with Zelda, I will be sad and curse my patience.)

#427 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

That sale on ZombiU is pretty laughable. Especially if the game plays at all like the demo. Couldn't delete it fast enough.

Unrelated to that, I have been thinking that I'd like to add some CAGs to my WiiU friends list. My username is mpaullin. Feel free to add or post your own here.

MPaullin.png

Trophies are dumb. Take a look at all of mine.

#428 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

Isn't ZombiU published by Ubisoft?  Usually they're so aggressive on price drops and sales.  Europe was having giant sales on Assassin's Creed III and such (but I could be wrong--I didn't bother doing the currency conversion, and it wouldn't make sense anyway since the British get completely ludicrously ripped off on Nintendo-platformed games in particular).

I've gotten addicted to having digital games thanks to Steam, PSN, and a handful of 3DS eshop sales (and it's especially nice on the portable systems), but man, if this is the kind of WiiU sales we can expect, I guess I'll be going physical a lot when I get a WiiU.

The recent price drop to $29.99 for Nintendo Land is kind of laughable, too.  $19.99 would be more like it.

#429 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Isn't ZombiU published by Ubisoft?  Usually they're so aggressive on price drops and sales.

It's been $20-30 at retail a couple times in the last two months.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#430 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

It's been $20-30 at retail a couple times in the last two months.

Won't Nintendo let them do $20-30 on the eshop?  They let Atlus do some great sales, at least on the 3DS.

#431 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

Remember that WiiU Fit is available now on the eShop and free for the next month.  If you buy a Fit Meter ($20) and register it before that time's up you get to keep the full software.  If you already have the balance board or grab a cheap used one it's by far the way to go.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#432 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

Remember that WiiU Fit is available now on the eShop and free for the next month.  If you buy a Fit Meter ($20) and register it before that time's up you get to keep the full software.  If you already have the balance board or grab a cheap used one it's by far the way to go.

I do have a WiiBo, but I don't have a Wii U yet.  So if I don't get a Wii U in the next month, I won't be able to take advantage of the whole just buy the Fit Meter deal?  :(

#433 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

I do have a WiiBo, but I don't have a Wii U yet.  So if I don't get a Wii U in the next month, I won't be able to take advantage of the whole just buy the Fit Meter deal?  :(

Yep, will have to actually pay for the software too come December.

Trade List

#434 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

Yep, will have to actually pay for the software too come December.

Crud.  Two possible solutions: manage to get a Wii U before December (good thing the deals are all in November!); find out I don't want Wii Fit U anyway.  It looks neat though!!

#435 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

Crud.  Two possible solutions: manage to get a Wii U before December (good thing the deals are all in November!); find out I don't want Wii Fit U anyway.  It looks neat though!!

I'll give them a ton of credit for realizing that people already bought this $100 board and giving them a chance to get the new version at a steep discount.

Trade List

#436 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

I would totally take advantage of the Wii Fit U offer if I could find a balance board super cheap.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#437 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

Won't Nintendo let them do $20-30 on the eshop?  They let Atlus do some great sales, at least on the 3DS.

I don't believe it's Nintendo blocking them since publishers have done bigger sales in the past on the 3DS eShop, but publishers have made weird pricing decisions on Wii U or Nintendo in general. Ubisoft had a terrible sale on their 3DS games on the eShop a month or two ago and Square Enix is charging $20 more for Deus Ex: HR DC than on every other platform because the game is completely new on Wii U.

#438 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

I don't believe it's Nintendo blocking them since publishers have done bigger sales in the past on the 3DS eShop, but publishers have made weird pricing decisions on Wii U or Nintendo in general. Ubisoft had a terrible sale on their 3DS games on the eShop a month or two ago and Square Enix is charging $20 more for Deus Ex: HR DC than on every other platform because the game is completely new on Wii U.

Good point!  I had forgotten about Ubi's horrible, horrible 3DS sale.  I guess publishers think that since Nintendo can get away with charging retail price and rarely lowering it, they can set crappy prices too.  But even Nintendo games can often be had $10 or more below retail on Amazon.  It's frustrating.  I don't know much about the sales on the Xbox Marketplace, but the eShop has a long way to go to catch up with the PSN.

#439 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

Good point!  I had forgotten about Ubi's horrible, horrible 3DS sale.  I guess publishers think that since Nintendo can get away with charging retail price and rarely lowering it, they can set crappy prices too.  But even Nintendo games can often be had $10 or more below retail on Amazon.  It's frustrating.  I don't know much about the sales on the Xbox Marketplace, but the eShop has a long way to go to catch up with the PSN.

I think it's more that they don't sell nearly as many copies on the eShop as the other platforms, so they have less enthusiasm to offer greater deals.

#440 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

I would totally take advantage of the Wii Fit U offer if I could find a balance board super cheap.

If a store around you has them GameStop sells them for $20 used.  Otherwise you can snag them for ~$25 shipped on eBay (the shipping is like $16 though).

Trade List

#441 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

ZombiU is readily available used for $19.99 ($17.99 with Gamers Club Unlocked) at Best Buy.  If you are willing to wait, Gamestop will have ZombiU used during Black Friday for $9.99 used ($8.99 with PWR membership).

I already snagged a Wii Balance Board about a month ago after watching the Wii Fit Nintendo Direct with my wife.  It's amazing that I thought would be a $80-100 bundle now has become a $40 package instead.  More funds for games that matter!!

Posted Image

#442 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

If a store around you has them GameStop sells them for $20 used.  Otherwise you can snag them for ~$25 shipped on eBay (the shipping is like $16 though).

Awesome. Thanks. I never think about GameStop for some reason. lol. Link isn't working properly for me, but I searched and found out my local GS has some in stock supposedly. I saw some on eBay for $25, but didn't think about or look at shipping. And Craigslist was a bust. This seems to be the best route to go for me.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#443 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Awesome. Thanks. I never think about GameStop for some reason. lol. Link isn't working properly for me, but I searched and found out my local GS has some in stock supposedly. I saw some on eBay for $25, but didn't think about or look at shipping. And Craigslist was a bust. This seems to be the best route to go for me.

I kept searching GS for wii fit and not balance board so I was only seeing the $50 bundle so I got one off eBay for $26 shipped. Then they ran a B2G1 on back to back weekends and I realized I wasted like $10 once I realized I was searching for the wrong thing.

Trade List

#444 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I think it's more that they don't sell nearly as many copies on the eShop as the other platforms, so they have less enthusiasm to offer greater deals.

Hopefully as the eShop gains more traction, we'll see better deals and (gosh forbid) more price drops.  Even first-party Nintendo games should really drop $5-10 after a year...

#445 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hopefully as the eShop gains more traction, we'll see better deals and (gosh forbid) more price drops. Even first-party Nintendo games should really drop $5-10 after a year...

I don't think Nintendo's gotten nearly that progressive. :rofl:

It just seems weird that when the effectiveness of these deep discount sales on digital media is well proven out at this point that there's still so much reluctance around them.

Trade List

#446 sfu_lifer

sfu_lifer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Sweet.  Will be monitoring this thread after I won a Cowboom auction last night for a Wii U 32GB ($135 plus $15 shipping).  Does anyone know how much Monster Hunter is going for on the eShop currently?  I missed out on the Wii U version (got the 3DS) as I had no console then.

I'm hoping the previous owner didn't maul the tablet too much and bought tons of eShop content :D.

Can't wait to get on the Wii U train.  I have been buying games the past month while awaiting to buy my console (so far just used Nintendoland for $10 at BB and ZombiU for $12 at Target clearance).  Will watch for Zelda Windwaker next.  I'm sure I'll have time to play the Wii U in between Pokemon X sessions and fooling around with the PS4.  

TY OP for constantly updating this thread.

#447 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Pretty sure it's back up to $60 on the eShop but the retail release is on sale for $30 at Amazon right now and that's the same as what it was on sale for digitally.

Trade List

#448 sfu_lifer

sfu_lifer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Pretty sure it's back up to $60 on the eShop but the retail release is on sale for $30 at Amazon right now and that's the same as what it was on sale for digitally.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll order off amazon then.

#449 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

New deal for today:

Bit.Tip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 11/7

#450 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Did you guys notice that thread about getting a new Wii U Mario/Luigi Deluxe bundle off Buy.com via eBay for $250?  They sold out, then more were up for $265.  Anyway, I got one of the $265 ones, and it was supposed to be arriving November 15 or so.

Unfortunately, people starting arguing like obnoxious, bickery children, and the thread got locked, so I can't post there.  

There reason I want to post there is because I just got an e-mail from Buy (or Rakuten or something) saying my order HAS BEEN DELAYED.  It's a back-order now.  I wanted to commiserate.  Don't suppose anyone from that thread is in here?  Anyway I guess I'll just contact them, but I'll be really sad if my order gets canceled or if it's backordered indefinitely or something.  I'd be fine waiting until Christmas, but all I can think about is all the deals I'll miss out on (for instance, Wii Fit U at the moment).

:(

Also, Nintendo has that promotion where you get such and such % back on stuff you but on the Wii U eshop.  I want to take advantage of that, too, but I'm stuck in backorder limbo.