Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#4891 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

i will never understand buying games just to buy them

Maybe they've never heard of this game: http://www.unicef.org/

I used to pump quarters into this bitch all the time. Now I have it for PC. 9/10

MARS

#4892 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'm looking forward to this Aircraft Carrier Simulator to hit green light.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4893 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Xcom Elite Soldier DLC adds flat top hair style and a lot of fruity looking colors for soldiers armor. Worth it if you want to make that one soldier named after your friend appear super fruity

Sold me.

#4894 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

I went to install Metro 2033 today in anticipation for metro last light coming out tomorrow and a steam message popped out saying recovering previous install file or something along those lines, I just let it do its thing and after 3-5 minutes the game was installed. I thought that was weird since I don't think I had 2033 installed previously, nothing like this has happened with steam before.

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#4895 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hmm, well something must have happened last night, since mods deleted the whole potpal conversation. I don't understand mods sometimes, but maybe I went to bed before some big argument broke out that I didn't realize. Anyhow, it's always weird to come on and find the last dozen posts or so missing:-k

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4896 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Nah, it was just a page or two of desktop vs laptop debate. I think it was a sorta-subtle nudge to keep things more on track.

#4897 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Nah, it was just a page or two of desktop vs laptop debate. I think it was a sorta-subtle nudge to keep things more on track.

Then give us a bleedin sale to talk about. ;)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4898 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Gross.

There is no track here.

I can find sales myself. I'm here for the discussions and the community.

#4899 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

There was some discussion, and then argument because some people need to grow the hell up. It's a shame the mods came in so heavy-handed with their deletions and got rid of a decent amount of interesting content along with the bickering.

Edit: To stay "on-topic", the new IndieRoyale went live:

Burn Zombie Burn!
Lucius
Plain Sight
Alien Shooter 2
Primal Fears
Droplitz

I think all of those have been bundled or on sale for stupidly cheap except Primal Fears.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4900 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

There was some discussion, and then argument because some people need to grow the hell up. It's a shame the mods came in so heavy-handed with their deletions and got rid of a decent amount of interesting content along with the bickering.

Edit: To stay "on-topic", the new IndieRoyale went live:

Burn Zombie Burn!
Lucius
Plain Sight
Alien Shooter 2
Primal Fears
Droplitz

I think all of those have been bundled or on sale for stupidly cheap except Primal Fears.

Yeah Primal Fears is the main one I want.. but I know it probably sucks. I've played Dead Horde.. so I have my doubts that the dev can make a good game.

It's a shame, really, I loved Dead Nation on PS3 but I don't think any game on PC has done a good job of cloning that type of gameplay.

#4901 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Also, there's a new (cheap) BundleStars bundle available.

http://www.bundlesta...stellar-bundle/

Steam keys for:
  • Zombie Shooter
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Alien Shooter Revisited
  • Alien Hallway

All repeats, but the bundle is only $0.99 for those that missed these previously.

#4902 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Ah, Magicka. So nice to see you... again. :P

Daily deal for $2.50.

#4903 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Another month, another Magicka sale.

#4904 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Awesome!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4905 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Another month, another Magicka sale.

Well I for one am grateful. My watch was set incorrectly.

Edited by The End, 13 May 2013 - 07:51 PM.
Fixed bad puncuation

#4906 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Oh and here Hydrophobia as a week long sale too! Just need Super Meat Boy to get Steam Bingo!

#4907 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

:fridge:

I'm hosting an Indie Gala Depths of Fear group buy. Please PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot.

#4908 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hitman Absolution is also part of the weekly sale, it seems this game has been on sale on every digital retailer for the past month or so... and the by the way steam's price is $12.49 standard and $15 for professional (amazon has it cheaper $5/$9 pro)

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#4909 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

The Book and Unwritten Tales and its prequel Critter Chronicles are both 75% off at $4.99. Not a bad deal if you like adventure games.

Most of the other stuff is meh though as far as I am concerned.

steam_sig.png

#4910 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Weeklong Deals
Hitman Absolution - $24.99 $12.49 (Professional Edition - $29.99 $14.99)
Anodyne - $9.99 $6.69
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood - $9.99 $2.49
The Book of Unwritten Tales Collection - $39.99 $9.99
Postal - $6.99 $3.49
Postal 2 Complete - $14.99 $3.74 ($44.99 $11.74 for 4-pack)
Critical Mass - $4.99 $2.49

#4911 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

Also, there's a new (cheap) BundleStars bundle available.

http://www.bundlesta...stellar-bundle/

Steam keys for:

• Zombie Shooter
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Alien Shooter Revisited
  • Alien Hallway

All repeats, but the bundle is only $0.99 for those that missed these previously.

Good day for my backlog the indieroyale and now this and I didn't own any of it. Thanks.

fss.png

Ecliptic Sight | Art by Ecliptic Sight |              sig.png

#4912 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks!
I been testing out Stack Docklet V2 here w/ RocketDock - this is nice. :D
Much better place to put all my games and whatnot - to be able to expand and close these stacked-docklets!

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but I use a program called 7-stacks to help me organize and display my games. It creates a link (which you can pin to your taskbar) to any folder on your computer and displays it in a nice pop-up style. I took all of my games -- from Steam, Origin, other download sites, and even old CD/DVD titles -- and created links to them, then organized the links into folders (and sub-folders) based on genre. Throw in some custom icons (if you want -- I decided to make it look pretty) and voila!

Some pics (right click and "open" them to make them a little bigger):
Spoiler

I made all of the icons -- once you have a template set up in the GIMP, it's very easy to find a box cover online and plop it into the template. I plan on uploading them to deviantArt when I get a chance so that others can use them, too.

#4913 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

The Book and Unwritten Tales and its prequel Critter Chronicles are both 75% off at $4.99. Not a bad deal if you like adventure games.

Thanks for pointing this out Motoki. I enjoyed Book of Unwritten Tales so will be picking up the prequel.

#4914 DonaldBlank

DonaldBlank

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Is it bad I really wanna try Postal 2, but I cant help but to think GMG will have it 75% off with a bonus 20%? which would only save me 74 cents

#4915 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Is it bad I really wanna try Postal 2, but I cant help but to think GMG will have it 75% off with a bonus 20%? which would only save me 74 cents

You could save 19 more cents over that 74 by splitting a Steam 4-pack today.

#4916 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

so I guess I'm the only one that still doesn't own Magicka one way or another. Seems pointless at this point to get it at this price, when it could always go cheaper or get bundled (IIRC it's been bundled at least once).

Unrelated, but what's with all you guys changing your avatars to semi parodies? First Spoderfox, and now Ashuskatty:lol: It is all becoming very confusing (though mildly amusing all the same)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4917 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Seriously thinking about getting the collection Eldredpe linked to. Looks fun and has a decent metacritic score of 82/73. Get all the extras for free at least.

CC review by a CAG:

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4918 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Weeklong Deals
Hitman Absolution - $24.99 $12.49 (Professional Edition - $29.99 $14.99)
Anodyne - $9.99 $6.69
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood - $9.99 $2.49
The Book of Unwritten Tales Collection - $39.99 $9.99

Postal - $6.99 $3.49
Postal 2 Complete - $14.99 $3.74 ($44.99 $11.74 for 4-pack)
Critical Mass - $4.99 $2.49

As much as some dailies/weekend deals have sucked, this week long and variety of sales is a big step in the right direction for Steam. Hopefully the summer sale incorporates more of this variety in sales.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4919 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

As much as some dailies/weekend deals have sucked, this week long and variety of sales is a big step in the right direction for Steam. Hopefully the summer sale incorporates more of this variety in sales.

ya i fnly gt 2 bi hidrowfobya 4 gud pryc

#4920 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

well Driver Fusion has achievements...I'm done:wall: