GGT #231 Declares Bullet Witch The Best 360 Exclusive This Gen

• Please log in to reply
502 replies to this topic

#481 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

Panzerfaustian bargain, have you ever watched the movie "Descent"?

Posted Image

#482 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

farcry 3 has a better narrative than tomb raider
feels more fluid and natural
has a nice earthly flavor to it

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#483 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Tomb Raider was extremely hollywood which is why I don't think the Uncharted comparisons are all that inaccurate. It had some grittier subject matter and certainly had less humour, but it boiled down to your usual expedition turned nightmare sort of adventure, so I didn't take certain aspects all that seriously (such as unnatural amounts endurance and arm strength, lol). It's about explosions and running across crumbling bridges, and that was fine by me.

Some of my favorite parts were the quieter segments though, and the game puts you in all sorts of cool scenarios and places.

Speaking of quieter moments, one of my favorites was
Spoiler
Pretty great change of pace.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#484 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

Spoiler

It would've been more like Snake Eater if there had been a chain gun that she screams while using.

#485 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Panzerfaustian bargain, have you ever watched the movie "Descent"?

Yeah, TR actually reminded me of it quite a bit. There's a scene they take straight out of that movie.

Spoiler

Yeah for such a basic combat system, it was impressive to see how many different scenarios they could create with it. Loved that part.

UjCoyFa.png

#486 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

Gonna start BSG tomorrow.

#487 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

Guacamelee! is fucking ridiculously awesome. Best $12 I spent on a full game in I don't even know how long.
Also, thus far, it's the best downloadable brawler (2D) and the best downloadable metroidvania type game (:cough:shadowcomplexwho?:cough:) I think I've ever played.
Drinkbox has their spot-on (for me) humor again, and the pop-culture references have been well done, unlike say... Retro City Rampage.
At first I was put off by the luchador theme, but it's grown on me, and this game is just fucking fabulous.
Not sure what the demo on PS3 offers, but try it out.

Whenever the exclusivity on Sony platforms is up (if ever), should it appear on Steam, I will buy it again instantly. Day fucking one. Drinkbox deserves the support.

#488 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

I still think Retro City Rampages references were amazing, and I know that there's been talk on here of some of you not liking it, but I respectfully disagree, I really enjoyed that game. That said, I'll have to try this Guacamelee game out sometime, is there a demo for it?
Posted Image

#489 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

My leg hurts soooooooooooo much for no reason.

I've been waiting for Guacamelee to come out.

Now I have to wait for it to get on sale.

#490 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

its called multiple sclerosis

#491 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

Knew he sounded familiar -- Booker in Infinite is voiced by the same dude who did Snow in FFXIII. Nice change of pace after Nolan North being everywhere.

UjCoyFa.png

#492 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

You mean Troy Baker?

You mean the new Nolan North?

#493 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

they do sound really similar

UjCoyFa.png

#494 weevles

weevles

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

farcry 3 has a better narrative than tomb raider
feels more fluid and natural
has a nice earthly flavor to it

Lara has tits. Your argument is invalid.

#495 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

yeah but we never see them unveiled
what good are veiled tits?

#496 weevles

weevles

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

I agree with that. Some more weight on fights and less frequent encounters would have been nice. If they don't do that, I am hoping that the next one includes some kind of stealth mechanic so that you can limit the amount of encounters if you wish to.

I would certainly hope to see continued use of the stealth elements in the next game. I really didn't mind the encounters, but sometimes they use more of the "funnel you in to a certain spot" design which I totally hate. I guess I understand why, and at least they kept those parts spaced far enough out where it didn't become a problem for me, at least the way I played the game (more look for all the secrets and explore the level instead of blow through the story mode).

I dunno how they will address the next game's skill system though. I hope they don't do something contrived like make her bonk her head amnesia-style and forget everything so have to re-learn it again. :p

#497 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

I still think Retro City Rampages references were amazing, and I know that there's been talk on here of some of you not liking it, but I respectfully disagree, I really enjoyed that game. That said, I'll have to try this Guacamelee game out sometime, is there a demo for it?

Yes, there is a PS3 demo, it's the full game, just needs an unlock key. Not sure what the demo covers, but the game is worth the $12 I paid.

And I still think RCR was garbage.
I got it for free and I still can't be bothered to play it.

My leg hurts soooooooooooo much for no reason.

I've been waiting for Guacamelee to come out.

Now I have to wait for it to get on sale.

It's on sale now if you're PS+. $12 instead of $15. Totally a steal and worth supporting the devs. I haven't put it down since I started it up.

#498 weevles

weevles

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

Ah shit, that reminds me, I have to go to GS and use my GS bucks to get a PSN card. Need to charge that shit up and grab some things like Walking Dead Season pass...

#499 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

I did. Fun game and my 8 month old loves the music lol.

i love the music too.

Well..

Goku could probably take Batman, as he doesn't really have a weakness that Bruce can exploit.
And since Batman can take Superman any day of the week... it follows that Goku would introduce Superman to a whole new level of pain.

It's not my fault Superman keeps picking weakling villians that only last five minutes in a fight while Goku has to challenge enemies that are stronger then him, making the fights more fair, therefore lasting longer.

See, this guy gets it.

you guys are insane. i have read comics for the last 14 years or so, and i can tell you that superman is literally unbeatable. he is a god, in every sense of the word. i truly love batman (he is honestly probably my favorite comic book character, which means a lot considering i have multiple comic book tattoos) but kal-el cannot be beaten. his resolve is so strong, his desire to do what he does best so impervious. people that don't actually read that many comics love to cite the dark knight returns, in which he was already being misled by the american government, and had been nuclearly destroyed stopping world war 3. he "lost" to batman, having warned him multiple times about beating him, watching bruce "die" of a heart attack, and showing up at his funeral completely fine. dark knight strikes again shows an old ass bruce once again stopping clark (with the assistance of other heroes) but that book is garbage and no one cares about it.

batman is the better character, but superman is fucking superman. show him some respect.

yeah but we never see them unveiled
what good are veiled tits?

a lot of good.

#500 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Jimbo, make a new thread plz.

#501 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

Do it.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#502 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Hank make a new thread plz.

Fine, I'll do it.

#503 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:16 AM