Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#5761 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

Has anyone ordered this from Bestbuy.com?
If so can you please let me know if they used a shipping box or not.

So I got my PlayStation 3D Display today. I have to say I am extremely disappointed with Bestbuy.com for not packaging this in a SHIPPING BOX!

It's totally obvious Sony made these to be displayed in a retail store and NOT to be durably shipped across the country. They are paper thin glossy cardboard with no styrofoam whatsoever.

Is this common practice for Bestbuy.com to slap a shipping label on merchandise and throw it in the mail? Do they do the same thing with PlayStation systems, toasters, etc? If so...Remind me never to shop at BB again!:shame:

Anyway, I haven't even opened the thing.. It looks like it was dragged through a swamp the last couple of miles to my house. The box is trashed and there are huge labels all over the front and back of it. The total lack of care taken with this is just sad.

It's my understanding that larger TV boxes (sized 40" and up) are designed in such a way that makes them its safe for shipping, but this doesn't look like one of those boxes!

I ordered one of these from Newegg.com a couple months ago (For $199) and it arrived in a proper shipping box and I sort of expected the same treatment from a large company such as Bestbuy.

Also, I noticed it says "When mailing merchandise to our return center, your only option is to receive a credit for your purchase."

A CREDIT?! On my Credit Card or for use with BestBuy?

I checked my local store for stock on these and they are sold out, as they also appear to be online. I seem to be screwed here. :(
When did Bestbuy get taken over by the Mafia?

If there's 3 or less of an item in stock at a Best Buy store, then it may show as out of stock. Your best bet is to check your closest BB store for stock first and if they are out of it, then you can just return it in store.

But have you actually tried opening it to see if the display works, even though the box looks like crap? You'd be surprised how durable flimsy cardboard is at protecting the items inside.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5762 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Here is a squaretrade warranty for 30% off: 16L7W3OL03N
Please post when you use it

#5763 paulluat08

paulluat08

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Got it!! Used it on my PS Display Thank you so much! :)

#5764 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Is this common practice for Bestbuy.com to slap a shipping label on merchandise and throw it in the mail? Do they do the same thing with PlayStation systems, toasters, etc? If so...Remind me never to shop at BB again!:shame:

Unfortunately, yes. I think if they see it comes in a box, they consider that a protective shipping box.

They've sent me a ps3 box thrown into a non-padded plastic bag. They've also put an xbox in a form fitting thin cardboard box with no padding. Both had a few dents in the box, but surprisingly weren't broken. Hopefully sony and ms designed those boxes for rough shipments.

But the ps3 display box seems suprisingly strong. The outer sleeve is easy to rip up, but the cardboard they used seems pretty good. Assuming it didn't get folded in half between doors or something. You should just open it and test the heck out of it during the return period. Worst case, return it in store for full credit.

#5765 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

They did the same thing with my 3D Display order. The thing is, not only is it potentially destructive to the product, it probably makes it unsellable as new if you return it, so whatever they're saving up front in packaging is probably lost if the item is returned.

I suspect this is more common with large items from BestBuy.com. The only other thing I can think of they just shipped in the product box was a stand fan. Most everything else is decently packaged in a box, or a padded envelope for games/movies.

#5766 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Has anyone ordered this from Bestbuy.com?
If so can you please let me know if they used a shipping box or not.

So I got my PlayStation 3D Display today. I have to say I am extremely disappointed with Bestbuy.com for not packaging this in a SHIPPING BOX!

It's totally obvious Sony made these to be displayed in a retail store and NOT to be durably shipped across the country. They are paper thin glossy cardboard with no styrofoam whatsoever.

Anyway, I haven't even opened the thing.. It looks like it was dragged through a swamp the last couple of miles to my house. The box is trashed and there are huge labels all over the front and back of it. The total lack of care taken with this is just sad.

It's my understanding that larger TV boxes (sized 40" and up) are designed in such a way that makes them its safe for shipping, but this doesn't look like one of those boxes!

I ordered one of these from Newegg.com a couple months ago (For $199) and it arrived in a proper shipping box and I sort of expected the same treatment from a large company such as Bestbuy.

Also, I noticed it says "When mailing merchandise to our return center, your only option is to receive a credit for your purchase."

A CREDIT?! On my Credit Card or for use with BestBuy?

I checked my local store for stock on these and they are sold out, as they also appear to be online. I seem to be screwed here. :(
When did Bestbuy get taken over by the Mafia?

Actually, NewEgg shipped two to me without a shipping box several months ago and both were badly damaged and had to be returned. Finally I just ordered one from Sony when they had their last sale and it was perfectly packaged. My point is, it's not just Best Buy that sucks for packing stuff like this.

#5767 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Wow, that box stuff is ridiculous for a TV. Especially since I ordered five Farmville plushes this past spring for $5 total and they shipped it out in a box with padding which wasn't even needed.
Posted Image

#5768 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

This is pretty funny. I routinely get small stuff in large boxes from them. But it's usually just a game or controller thrown in with 1 or 2 random air pockets. No real protection. Don't know how they would handle TVs, but I do hate when retailers ship out in the retail box.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5769 spoonman

spoonman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

I guess it doesn't occur to them that some people are buying these to give as gifts or to add to their game collections. I would have gladly paid an extra $5 for a box!

The box is no larger than a Guitar Hero/RB guitar and those aren't just sent without boxes. I know they are trying to save a buck, but I'm not liking this trend.

I guess I'll have to deal with it since Bestbuy isn't replying to my emails. I called my local Bestbuy and they are, in fact out of stock.

I suppose I could get a refund and buy it from Newegg.com and hope they are continuing to ship these in proper shipping boxes, but I'd have to pay an additional $20+.

#5770 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

This is pretty funny. I routinely get small stuff in large boxes from them. But it's usually just a game or controller thrown in with 1 or 2 random air pockets. No real protection. Don't know how they would handle TVs, but I do hate when retailers ship out in the retail box.

You should see what they shipped the PSP Go screen protection film I ordered during the one gaming blowout in.:rofl: I think the box was actually big enough to fit about 6 Dual Shock 3's with a bunch of space left over.

The memory cards they sent me for the Go were sent in a smaller box, but that box was ALSO much bigger than needed.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5771 spoonman

spoonman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

You should see what they shipped the PSP Go screen protection film I ordered during the one gaming blowout in.:rofl: I think the box was actually big enough to fit about 6 Dual Shock 3's with a bunch of space left over.

The memory cards they sent me for the Go were sent in a smaller box, but that box was ALSO much bigger than needed.:-#

Yeah, they aren't too bright.

They sent me a Sandisk SDcard in a giant box without about 10 yards of bubble wrap once too, but they throw a label on the retail PlayStation Display box and call it a day.. WTF?! :applause:

#5772 htz

htz

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

A friendly reminder for those who wanted this game from earlier in the week.

#5773 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

I once delivered a package to somebody, the boxes dimensions were about 24x20x8, it was all filler and all it contained was a pen cap.

#5774 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

#5775 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

In for one for my kids. They love these dance games and the Black Eyed Peas.

Thanks!

#5776 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hmm...to buy or not to buy. Pretty cheap but I suck at dancing games.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#5777 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

If only it were a "Shoot the Black Eyed Peas" game, I'd be in.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#5778 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

This x100.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5779 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Is this game flipable? All I really care about for this crappy DOTD.

#5780 averageguy

averageguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Is this game flipable? All I really care about for this crappy DOTD.

Trades in at even 6.00 for 360 without bonus and GCU unlocked

Wii trade in for 4.00

Xbox Live Gamertage: Southtownguy
Systems Owned: Xbox, Xbox 360 Premium, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Sega Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Onyx DS Lite, Psp,
Help Sponsor me in my 2013 Step out Walk for Diabetes. I have had diabetes more the half my life. any size donation of any amount would be appreciated

http://stepout.diabe...793&pg=personal

#5781 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

^thanks much.

#5782 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

I grabbed it for the wife and kids and even though many people will argue that Fergie looks like a gremlin, I still think she is hot..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#5783 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

This x100.

I know. Hopefully Will I Am will finish his time machine so I can go back to 1996 when I booked/met them (before they added Fergie) and inform them how they go from a great hip hop act to the monstrosity they are today. Or maybe I can go to a Wild Orchid concert (look it up kids) bang her and then later convince Fergie to kill herself from my terrible love making.

#5784 liquidussnakeus

liquidussnakeus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Anything for the coming week by any chance?

#5785 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Anything for the coming week by any chance?

Out for the weekend, so I won't know until at least Monday, unless someone finds out before I go back in.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#5786 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

How did we miss this: http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218376382414

1.99 Saw it on SD.

#5787 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

1.99 Saw it on SD.

lol, it makes a nice flip, no wonder it was sold out

#5788 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

lol, it makes a nice flip, no wonder it was sold out

Might be a chance you can find it in-store, but then YMMV on getting the same price or PM'ing an out of stock item.

#5789 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

1.99 Saw it on SD.

We didn't

#5790 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!