3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#571 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

I have an original launch 3DS. I have no need for the XL. It looks great, but I do not need it. Right? I mean... come on, someone talk me off the ledge. I can't justify the upgrade. (If I can't convince myself, how can I convince my wife?)

#572 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I have an original launch 3DS. I have no need for the XL. It looks great, but I do not need it. Right? I mean... come on, someone talk me off the ledge. I can't justify the upgrade. (If I can't convince myself, how can I convince my wife?)

Why would you need a bigger screen and slightly better battery life? Not to mention it's more comfortable to hold IMO. I tried talking myself out of it too but it didn't work. :lol::cry:
Posted Image

#573 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

You don't *need* any videogames, technically. Besides, if you are already getting use out of the 3DS there is no reason not to have the best experience especially considering you can sell the old one or gift it to a young family member. :D

- JC, the Helpful

#574 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

I am having the hardest time finding Hori Screen protectors. I was hoping to get them ASAP via Amazon or local TRU but no luck.

If you live in NYC, Nintendo World has them. I bought them 2 days before the sale started this Sunday :D

#575 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Why would you need a bigger screen and slightly better battery life? Not to mention it's more comfortable to hold IMO. I tried talking myself out of it too but it didn't work. :lol::cry:

You don't *need* any videogames, technically. Besides, if you are already getting use out of the 3DS there is no reason not to have the best experience especially considering you can sell the old one or gift it to a young family member. :D

- JC, the Helpful

I'm with them. Jump! Jump! Jump!
Posted Image

#576 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I cant open mine tell xmas....>_>.

#577 wrestlerLAW

wrestlerLAW

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I'm in the same boat. My sister bought me one, but she won't let me have it until Christmas.

#578 FriscoDude

FriscoDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Finally bought one, using gift cards and BB credit brought it down to about $33 cash. Any recommendations for cases for the XL?

#579 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

No MK7 bundles in my area T_T

Ended up scoring one at Target... and got $30 in GCs on top of the $160 price.

'twas a good day!
Posted Image

#580 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

A couple of extra "pros" for the XL to add: home and related buttons are actual buttons on the XL. The XL doesn't seem to have the problem with the bezel of the touch screen messing up the top screen. Stylus compartment is now on the side instead of having to reach back center below the 3d screen. Due to the larger size of the 3D screen, the sweet spot is bigger meaning that it's easier to stay in the 3D viewing zone.

After I sold my OG 3DS for $125 today and with the potential of getting the MK7 bundle for $160 with $30 in GC back at Target, I decided to jump on the bandwagon!!!

#581 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

My Best Buy would not add on the Target gift card, and my Target would not price match + add gift card. :cold:

I am having the hardest time finding Hori Screen protectors. I was hoping to get them ASAP via Amazon or local TRU but no luck.

Yep same here. I wonder why the HORI 3DS XL screen protectors are "Online Only" at GameStop and not in stores? The only 3DS XL screen protectors I've seen in stock out of Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and GameStop are the Rocketfish brand (made by Best Buy).

#582 balbanesbeoulve

balbanesbeoulve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Just got the Super Mario Kart bundle for 159.99 + a $20 and a $10 gift card at Target here. No problems other than having to wait for a manager to arrive to approve the override, but she did it without a thought.

#583 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Everything went better than expected at Target. I wasn't aware of the extra $10 though... Boo. Oh well.

#584 manoverboard21

manoverboard21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Has anyone been able to PM the BB deal and get a diffferent color 3DS XL at Target with the $20 GC?

#585 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Yeah managed to get the deal at Target for the Mario Kart 7 verison and get the 30 dollar gift card. So far loving the system.

#586 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Ugh i wanna open mine so bad ><. but its for me and my bro so we'll have to wait till xmas but i did snag nsmb2 and kingdom hearts (: basically got nsmb2 using my gc i got from target after pm

#587 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

anyone managed to get this at Madison, WI? Target?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#588 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Got it at Target with the $20 GC. Dude at Electronics was pretty cool about it too; said the system automatically gave out the GC before he entered in the price match, so there wasn't going to be an issue.

Thanks CAG for the heads up about the Target GC (believe GameSmacker was the first one I saw to confirm). Already was a great deal at BB, but doesn't hurt to get a little better. :) Glad to be a 3DS owner now.

#589 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

pricematched at tarjay with the gift card without issue. figure i'll give out the GC as a gift to someone for xmas, which lowers the system all the more, since it had to be purchased anyways. this was at the broadview, IL target, in case anyone in the area is interested in doing the same.

#590 FriscoDude

FriscoDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

I can't find any Hori screen protectors online for the $8.99 price and I can't find any cases in store either. =(

#591 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

I can't find any Hori screen protectors online for the $8.99 price and I can't find any cases in store either. =(

I ordered mine from Gamestop.com yesterday. If you spend at least $25, you get free value shipping. http://www.gamestop....e-filter/104724.

One page back.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#592 illimatt

illimatt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

Bought at Lombard, IL today on 12/14 and got $160 price match plus $20 gift card and $10 gift card for spending $50. Electronics department sent me to customer service but manager gave me deal with no problem. Another Target employee at customer service made comment that he had seen same deal given to another person earlier in the day.

#593 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Regarding the Hori screen protector, my local Gamestop offered to ship it right to my address for free through their ordering system. I'm pretty sure you can do this, just go into your local and ask!

#594 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

My 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle seems to be a "resealed" one. It is where the two original circular stickers were cut, then another two circular stickers were placed over them in almost the exact same position and all.

Is this a "factory sealed" 3DS or has a thief tried to trick me?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#595 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

Got $30 GC and 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 $160 plus taxes. Can't use my Red Card for some reason. I'll call 1-800 tomorrow. End up paying extra $8 for FREAKING TAXES :(
"Evil is Funs"

#596 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

I tried to get the last MK7 XL bundle PMed at Target tonight using a copy of the BBY ad (didn't get a chance at any point earlier in the week thanks to finals), but the gaming supervisor said "the best we can do is take off $20 and still give the $20 gift card", which I know isn't true. Ah well, I'm taking this as a sign to hold off on the XL until a better deal comes along.

...And yes, I think there will be a better deal. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#597 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

hmm now im seeing more success rates of pming at target with the gift card
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#598 ziria

ziria

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

I went to both Targets in Myrtle Beach. South end one wouldn't give the price match or GC together. I went to the one on Seaboard and it was no problem. Guy brought me up to Customer Service to double check the price on their iPad. Got the GC too and I had a $8 or $80 coupon so $151.99 (I did not have the coupon for $10 GC). Great price but our Taxes suck in the city limits, 9%!!

#599 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

I went to both Targets in Myrtle Beach. South end one wouldn't give the price match or GC together. I went to the one on Seaboard and it was no problem. Guy brought me up to Customer Service to double check the price on their iPad. Got the GC too and I had a $8 or $80 coupon so $151.99 (I did not have the coupon for $10 GC). Great price but our Taxes suck in the city limits, 9%!!

I think if you ask for it they will say no, because after i didnt ask and waited they just automatixally scanned the gc for me

#600 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

I think if you ask for it they will say no, because after i didnt ask and waited they just automatixally scanned the gc for me

Agreed. In hindsight I wish I hadn't asked about the price match and $20 GC before I tried to buy the system, it just seemed to draw unnecessary attention to just how absurd the deal is. It'd be better to just have the employee manually enter the price match and hopefully their system would still automatically issue the gift certificate.