SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

• Please log in to reply
1680 replies to this topic

#601 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

The UK will be getting a few Batman steels on June 3rd , including the Batman Begins steel that was available in Japan and goes for $200 on ebay. Batman and Batman Returns are being released in the US too as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Currently available for pre-order at Zavvi, but it's not exclusive to them (i.e. it'll be up on Amazon UK eventually):

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight

Posted ImagePosted Image

Okay, so despite the fact that Zavvi has that white artwork up, Amazon just put up their listings for those two, and Rises, and they look like this:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

#602 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

Yeah I was just gonna post about that. The artwork has changed on Amazon.UK but Zavvi still has it up.

Funny story cause I just bought the Batman Begins and Dark Knight Japan steels last week, then this week I see them with the same artwork. I thought I just blew my money (even though I think I got a pretty good deal on them).Ill still be getting Begins and Dark Knight for collecting but I liked the Begins Japan even more than the one with color.These new ones I dont like as much.

#603 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

It has been a LONG while since I have seen Begins, but I don't remember Batman letting the girl die until the next movie...

Still looks better than the other two. TDK is just lazy.

#604 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

It has been a LONG while since I have seen Begins, but I don't remember Batman letting the girl die until the next movie...

Still looks better than the other two. TDK is just lazy.

I actually like TDK steel here. Better than the steel I bought at Best Buy.

And I'm pretty sure he's carrying Katie Holmes after she gets sprayed with the toxin.

#605 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Tom Cruise is toxic?

#606 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

I actually like TDK steel here. Better than the steel I bought at Best Buy.

My problem is that it is literally the same art as the regular DVD version. Didn't even remove the actor lineup (I hate it when they put them on steels).

Personally, I think the best steel art would be the DVD Trilogy art separated. The Bat logo on the sunset (Begins), burning (Dark Knight), and breaking (Rises). Not only would it look cooler, it would continue the theme with the OG Batman movies.

IMO, the best steelbooks have a central image, the movie title, and maybe a frame or border. The simpler, the better.

And I'm pretty sure he's carrying Katie Holmes after she gets sprayed with the toxin.

Still looks like she is dead, which is supposed to be the big twist for the second movie (although nowadays it is about as much of a spoiler as who Vader is).

#607 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Zavvi updated the artwork for Begins and TDK. Now for the American releases to confirm the same artwork.

#608 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Okay, so despite the fact that Zavvi has that white artwork up, Amazon just put up their listings for those two, and Rises, and they look like this:

Meh. I was hoping they stick with the white style. Was curious to see what they would do with TDKR.

#609 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Meh. I was hoping they stick with the white style. Was curious to see what they would do with TDKR.

It was weird though cause the Begins just had his mouth colored, yet TDK had the same exact JP cover. Then an image pops up with just his mouth red on TDK.

Honestly, I didnt like the Batman Begins one with color. And thats not because I just bought the JP steelbooks.

#610 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Yeah, I didn't even realize there was a difference between the ones Zavvi posted and the JP ones, but I agree that it looks better in black and white, than in color. I still prefer those over the new covers though. The image of him holding a lifeless Rachel just doesn't fit the movie at all.

I do like the cover for Dark Knight Rises though. I might consider getting that one as I still haven't picked up the movie on BD yet.

#611 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Taxi Driver - Zavvi Exclusive (Region Free)
Release Date: July 8th

Posted Image

Note: It says sold out, but it has not been put up for Pre-order yet. I'll update you when it's live

Edited by ssjmichael, 12 April 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#612 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Disney's Aladdin - Zavvi Exclusive (Region Free)

Posted Image

Note: It says sold out, but it has not been put up for Pre-order yet. I'll update you when it's live

#613 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I was hoping it would just be Agrabah at sunset or the Cave of Wonders or something, not just generic coverart.

#614 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I like alot of these steels but I aint pre-ordering $300 in steelbooks.
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#615 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Anyone receive your Hobbit Steelbook from Amazon.UK yet? Mine shipped and is scheduled for delivery on the 15th. Just curious if anyone got it yet.

Edit: So funny. Literally 20-minutes after I posted this question my mailman dropped mine off. It looks fantastic!

Edited by TealPavelski, 12 April 2013 - 06:54 PM.

607033.png

#616 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

We've gotten a ton this year already. So much more in the US too. I say by June we'll be having Steelbook fatigue :D

#617 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I agree. With so many coming out so close together I have to pick and choose which ones I really like.

#618 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, I didn't even realize there was a difference between the ones Zavvi posted and the JP ones, but I agree that it looks better in black and white, than in color. I still prefer those over the new covers though. The image of him holding a lifeless Rachel just doesn't fit the movie at all.

I do like the cover for Dark Knight Rises though. I might consider getting that one as I still haven't picked up the movie on BD yet.

Yeah I just got my Japan steelbooks in yesterday and they look very awesome. I dont like him carrying Rachel either but atleast its Katie Holmes and shes looks good as hell dangling there.

I grabbed a bundle off a guy on eBay for Begins JP, TDK JP, and the Singapore TDKR (comes with film cell). I thought I paid way to much especially after seeing the coverart for the new steels coming out were the exact same. Glad the JP ones hold the uniqueness.

I have preordered Finding Nemo, bought Predator 2 and Hellboy thru Zavvi. Dredd and Star Trek preordered through Amazon.jp, and grabbed Scarface and Pitch Black through Amazon.co.uk. I have spent way to much money on steelbooks lately.

Edited by shrike4242, 12 April 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#619 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Anyone have the list of the older movies thats got the steelbooks ( Street Car Named Desire, Casablanca.... etc etc)

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#620 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

Posted Image

Hopefully we get a US release. I'm all over this like a fly on shit.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#621 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

I wouldnt wait on it.

From the previous Upgrade and Save, can you preorder then do a return/rebuy with the coupon to get $5 off? I want to preorder a couple steels so I know I get it, but would like to use the upgrade and save. IDK.

#622 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Hopefully we get a US release. I'm all over this like a fly on shit.

It's region free, so why does it matter?

#623 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

http://www.base.com/...steel-books.htm

Sale going on for Universal 100th steels. Ted, Jaws, ET and others at 12.99.

#624 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

Because there are people that prefer to keep their collection to North American release.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#625 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

I don't think that has been confirmed

518793.png

#626 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

It's region free, just like 99% of all Disney releases in the UK. Though not always correct, the page at Amazon UK for the regular edition also says Region Free in the title.

#627 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Posted Image

This is live now.

#628 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Thanks!

#629 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thanks.

Got 2 of them!

518793.png

#630 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Taxi Driver and others are live now too