Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7307 replies to this topic

#6361 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Iron Man 3 - 4.5/5 - Still a great movie. Expertly written and acted. Great soundtrack and lighting, as well.

The Innkeepers - 4/5 - I don't watch many horror movies so when someone tells me to watch one, I rarely listen to them, but I gave The Innkeepers a shot. Pretty damn good. It doesn't fall for many cliches and motifs that many haunted house style movies tend to fall for. I also really liked the soundtrack. Really well done film.

Iron Man 3 is wonderful. Innkeepers is alright, I liked The House of the Devil better.

#6362 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

Iron Man 3 - 4.5/5 - Still a great movie. Expertly written and acted. Great soundtrack and lighting, as well.

Must be two copies of that movie out there because the one I saw was slow and forgot to have fun with the source material.  The middle portions with the kid (I guess to remind Tony of himself as a kid?) were completely pointless.

#6363 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hell yeah. Any movie that kicks it off with Eifel 65's "Blue" is awesome in my book.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#6364 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Iron Man 3 is wonderful. Innkeepers is alright, I liked The House of the Devil better.

I really want to check out The House of the Devil now. You're like the sixth person that has told me to watch it in the past few hours.

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#6365 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Curse of Chucky. Best Chucky movie in a while. And if you watch it, there is an after credits scene.

#6366 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Curse of Chucky. Best Chucky movie in a while. And if you watch it, there is an after credits scene.

I wanna check it out but the trailer had some crappy looking effects. I thoroughly enjoyed bride of chucky with it's campy black humour but seed was terribad. 

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6367 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

It was pretty good it went back to it being a scary chucky insead of that garbage seed shit.

#6368 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Prisoners

Zodiac

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6369 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Prisoners
Zodiac

What did you think of zodiac? I really really like, think it's very underrated.

Thinking of watching good night and good luck. How bads after earth? My mum wants me to watch it with her but I'm not sure I want to waste my time on it.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6370 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Thinking of watching good night and good luck. How bads after earth? My mum wants me to watch it with her but I'm not sure I want to waste my time on it.

Zodiac left me wanting to dig in to the subject and find how close it was to the truth. If they in fact basically had the killer in front of them, how did they mess that up so bad?

#6371 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Zodiac left me wanting to dig in to the subject and find how close it was to the truth. If they in fact basically had the killer in front of them, how did they mess that up so bad?

From what I understand on the subject it gave the impression that it was mishandled due to the passing of information between the different police stations.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6372 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

From what I understand on the subject it gave the impression that it was mishandled due to the passing of information between the different police stations.

Yeah that was the other thing I noticed. This kind of case would get solved in days today.

#6373 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Curse of Chucky- (7.5/10) This turned out much better then I could of imagined much better then the subpar Seed and Bride of Chucky. They definitely brought the series back to the early Child Play entries. Solid horror movie and as hinted near the end, we will probably get plenty more.

Blue Caprice (3.5/10) Movie about the DC Sniper, pretty bland, alright acting by Isaigh Washington, but other then that pretty poor.
Posted Image

#6374 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

I liked it never seen it before. I went online right after to read up more on the subject..

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6375 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

October has begun, ya'll better be watching tons of horror movies.

#6376 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Too bad family is in the middle of watching Charmed. I hope to watch Robot Monster and the Phantom Creeps soon, though I've got to get through the Brain that Wouldn't Die too.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#6377 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

equilibrium.  Didn't know what to expect but I saw Christian Bale so I gave it a try. Man was that a badass film.

I think Zodiac was really under appreciated by the masses.  That hit the bargain bin pretty quick in my area.  

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6378 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Carrie (1976) - 5/5 - I love the originals, can't wait to see the new remake.

Gravity IMAX 3D - 5/5 - Very touching based on a true event. Sandra Bullock deserves Oscar award.

#6379 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

equilibrium.  Didn't know what to expect but I saw Christian Bale so I gave it a try. Man was that a badass film.

I think Zodiac was really under appreciated by the masses.  That hit the bargain bin pretty quick in my area.  

I remember when equilibrium was released and on the net people suggested at the the time that if they ever made a dmc movie that christian bale should play dante. 

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6380 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Machete Kills - 4/5 - Not bad. I can't believe Lady Gaga & Vanessa Hudgens was in it.

#6381 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Machete Kills - 4/5 - Not bad. I can't believe Lady Gaga & Vanessa Hudgens was in it.

lol why? Did I miss their Oscar wins?

#6382 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Dude, I'm really starting to hate you. :D
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#6383 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Carrie (1976) - 5/5 - I love the originals, can't wait to see the new remake.

Gravity IMAX 3D - 5/5 - Very touching based on a true event. Sandra Bullock deserves Oscar award.

Catching Gravity tonight. Can't wait.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6384 J7.

J7.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

Rocky - 4.75/5

Rocky II - 4.5/5

#6385 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Rocky - 4.75/5

Rocky II - 4.5/5

stop at 3 dawg

#6386 J7.

J7.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

stop at 3 dawg

Huh? Rocky 4 is my favorite one, Rocky 5 was very good for most of it, and I liked Balboa though I can't remember it. 

#6387 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

I didn't get to attend Captain Phillips premiere from Monday night cuz I had to wake up early (Tuesday) for shopping. :( Hopefully next monday I will go to Carrie premiere. :D

#6388 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Welp. Loved Gravity. Don't think I've ever clenched my fists and held my breath so much watching a film. One of the very few I'd recommend catching in 3D as well.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6389 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

The Hollow Crown (4 part series, BBC production) I manage to watch Richard II (Part 1), amazing acting! It's a little difficult to understand because it's spoken in Shakespeare since it's of course based on the play.
9.5/10

http://www.imdb.com/...2456/?ref_=sr_1
Posted Image

#6390 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Coriolanus. with Ralph Finnes and Gerard Butler. Its on netflix.

I think they should have kept the old Roman Empire setting.
I don't know why, but it bugs the crap out of me they modernized the setting but not use modern English. Why go to all the production expense and not update the language also? I don't think there is much if anything to lose in that simple translation.

Machine Gun Preacher.
Wow, that is a crazy movie. Its a good movie, and they don't paint the guy as a hero, but as someone who is trying to do what he needs to do. Watch the statement the real guy gives during the credits " If someone came in and took your kid in the middle of the night, and I came to you and said that I can get them back to you, would you care how I did it if your child was returned safely to you?"
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image