Photo
- - - - -

Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

#631 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I finished up Persona 3: Portable this week (best RPG I've ever played in my 20+ years of gaming), so I eagerly jumped right in to The Answer part of P3:FES. I'm about four hours in and not feeling that compelled yet. I'm finding myself retreating out of dungeons at the earliest possible time since I'm afraid I'll get KO'ed and lose my progress. Can't say I really want to be doing so, but at with the hard difficulty setting being the only option for The Answer, I need to play it safe.

Persona 3 FES is one of my favorite games, and probably the best RPG I've played. The Answer is just a dungeon crawl with ramped up difficulty. If you really only liked the combat of P3 then you should enjoy The Answer.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#632 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Decided to give Yakuza a go, especially since it was rather cheap, unlike the sequel. I'm having some fun with it, even if the things I pick up break after a few hits. I don't mind the English voices, since the subtitles are a bit too small.

Batsugunner.png

#633 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

X-men Legends, Lego Batman, maybe a few others are coming with me to the in-laws for Thanksgiving.

Posted Image Posted Image

Friend Codes
Spoiler

#634 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

The last PS2 game I played was two summers ago (august 2011), and was Shadow Hearts From the new world. Really liked that game. Played like a "classic" JRPG.

I still own more PS2 games I want to play, for example, Yakuza 1&2, La pucelle:tactics, Final Fantasy 10 & 12... but since I own a xbox360 I don't play in another system :roll: .

#635 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

I have Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, and Final Fantasy X in my PS2 backlog.

I've been debating if I should put the time in on the PS2 versions or just wait on the HD versions. 

#636 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

I have Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, and Final Fantasy X in my PS2 backlog.

I've been debating if I should put the time in on the PS2 versions or just wait on the HD versions.

I've got all these plus persona 3 and 4. Debating whether I should just plunk down the $10 to play persona 3fes in HD on my ps3 or use my physical copy.

Man you people are cheap.

#637 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

I'm a girl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

Currently playing through KH 2 final mix on Critical mode. Just trying to get 100% complete.

shadowneko003.png

Currently Playing: :ps2: : none :psp: : Final Fantasy VII & Tales of Eternia  :ps3: : Assassin's Creed Liberation :3ds: : Gyakuten Kenji 2

#638 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

Ah, forgot about this thread ^_^;

Earlier this year, I played and beat Tales of the Abyss and Viewtiful Joe. Abyss I played for the first time, and Joe for the second on "Sweet" difficulty, since I could never beat it the first time around on "Kids".

As it stands now, I only have three more games left before I can consider myself to be "done" with the PS2: Valkyrie Profile 2, Sakura Wars: So Long My Love, and Persona 4. I know that last one is going to be an especially huge time sink, so I might not play it until next year, but the other two will probably be played sooner rather than later.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#639 Dnipro Cojiro

Dnipro Cojiro

AKA RogueSplinterCell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

Mainly for the Shin Megami Tensei games. Also going to get Scarface, Godfather, FFX, Splinter Cell, DBX BT3, I could keep going.

8eGL4G3.png

Mayhem___Mind.png

Girl 1: "Oh my god look at Dnipros PSN Trophies don't you just want to do the sex with him?" Girl 2: "Oh my, yes! I would definitely like to do the sex with him and then have a spot of tea."

#640 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Not at the moment but the games I play on there when I do are any of the Final Fantasy games, Legend of Legaia for PS1, and Legaia 2: Duel Saga for PS2.

#641 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm playing DDR SuperNOVA again, so my PS2 has been seeing a fair amount of regular use lately. Also picked up the Raidou Kuzunoha SMT games last month, so that's two more for my PS2 RPG pile.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#642 KaiserFoxHD

KaiserFoxHD

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

At the moment I'm trying to beat God Hand, and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2

:joystick: Gaming is not an Addiction, :booty: It's a Lifestyle! :twoguns:

#643 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Started Cat in the Hat...big fan of platformers and not bad so far!....about a hour into it.

#644 milkiman

milkiman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

I'm playing Persona 3, one of my favorite games and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

#645 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

I've been on and off with Ratchet and Clank since January. I also still play Nascar 06 form time to time. One of these days I should dive into my 80+backlog of ps2 games.

I need a new signature.

#646 Yokihana

Yokihana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

I've been playing .hack//Quarantine off and on for three weeks. I'm trying to get all the cores that I need for the rest of the game, but its a tedious process.

#647 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

My son asked me to hook up the FAT PS2 again so I did last night and then he play ATV Offroad Fury 2 and he said it was just like he remembered. Loved it. I will probably join in with him next time for some local multiplayer.

Only problem was I couldn't get the component cable to work. Had to go back to standard AV. :(

Crunchewy.png

#648 WiseGirl

WiseGirl

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:59 AM

I've always play a bit of shmups on PS2. Lately I'm enjoying Gradius III & IV. They are both exceptional games, and after all those years they haven't aged at all.

#649 specter02147

specter02147

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

I usually start up and play San Andreas and Vice City every few months. Usually beat San Andreas, usually run out of Steam once you have to buy the businesses in Vice City.

Besides my GTA fix, I have the original Killzone in the disc tray at the moment with Liberty City Stories in my backlog.

#650 sovereignNX-73811

sovereignNX-73811

Unofficial official CAG Troll

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

I gotta finish Ace Combat 5, Zero, and just got myself a brand new "VG" copy of Star Ocean TTEOT. Now if I could only play the stuff on my monitor since my TV's always being used by someone else.

Spoiler

#651 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Only problem was I couldn't get the component cable to work. Had to go back to standard AV. :(

Did you set the video settings to output Component?

Playing King of Fighters and Metal Slug. SNK should've kept coming with the Neo Geo ports.

Batsugunner.png

#652 insanity

insanity

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

Replaying some old gems such as Blood Will Tell and Rogue Galaxy. Still havn't gotten into Kingdom Hearts for some reason. It may be a weird crossover for a game but I know it's successful so I'm gonna eventually try it anyways.

#653 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

Replaying some old gems such as Blood Will Tell and Rogue Galaxy. Still havn't gotten into Kingdom Hearts for some reason. It may be a weird crossover for a game but I know it's successful so I'm gonna eventually try it anyways.

I am the same with KH. I always wanted to try it out sometime, but I have yet to do so. I even bought the new collection on PS3, but I still haven't touched it.

Let us know how you like Rogue Galaxy. I have that in the backlog as well.

MattNY.png

#654 hongduc.wb

hongduc.wb

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

156dvd and 70% is action-rpg, 

p/s : god hand hard mode =))

NO MORE SM

#655 ludus

ludus

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:42 AM

I still need to finish Shadow of the Colossus and Ico. Really need to get back into them soon. 

LeaptradeForumSignature.jpg

#656 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

I still need to finish Shadow of the Colossus and Ico. Really need to get back into them soon. 

I still need to start them.

I need a new signature.