gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9089 replies to this topic

#6631 BrandonJ33

BrandonJ33

Alex Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ordered a 24-disc DVD set and received a similarly titled 2-disc set :P I get to have my first customer service experience with these guys, hooray... (I was lazy and emailed instead of calling :X)

#6632 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Looks like they have 20% off new gaming accessories, which includes some Skylanders stuff.

#6633 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

All three of my orders shipped. Hopefully GH packaged the rest of my orders like they did my TWD sets (in a box with padding).

Thanks Gohastings for not shipping them in a crappy mailer!

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6634 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

For the first time in months, I got a game in a bubble mailer. And for the first time in months, I got a game without damage to the case.

About fucking time.

BTW, it seems like it's been forever since they've had a game related deal.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#6635 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

It's been a while, now that I think about it. Luckily I've been content to buy CDs and books lately.

I'm a little frustrated at one of the CDs that I received today, though, as the hinges are broken on the jewel case and it falls apart the moment I open it. Nothing serious, obviously, since jewel cases are a dime a dozen, but I also noticed that the CD itself has a special notice on it that says it's a promotional disc from the record label and is supposed to be destroyed, not sold. Interesting.

#6636 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

It's been a while, now that I think about it. Luckily I've been content to buy CDs and books lately.

I'm a little frustrated at one of the CDs that I received today, though, as the hinges are broken on the jewel case and it falls apart the moment I open it. Nothing serious, obviously, since jewel cases are a dime a dozen, but I also noticed that the CD itself has a special notice on it that says it's a promotional disc from the record label and is supposed to be destroyed, not sold. Interesting.

I asked about the promotional notice a while back and apparently it's completely legal for you to have it and for it to be sold. Just FYI.

#6637 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

i think i ended up receiving every type of shipping method w my last round of orders

#6638 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Deal of the Day - 40% off when you buy 4 or more USED Books, CDs, or Movies. Use code: WHATTHEWHAT Valid 1/18 only.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6639 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

so what's the experience w used 3ds games

average quality i would assume but i never know w hastings

#6640 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

First post updated

#6641 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

so what's the experience w used 3ds games

average quality i would assume but i never know w hastings

Dunno about 3DS, but I ordered all the Professor Laytons from them and they came complete and in good condition.

#6642 GuyManDude

GuyManDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Sweet. Got in an order with 5 blu-rays (Jaws, Good Will Hunting, The Princess Bride, The Town, Drive) for $26xx. The Avengers and Shawshank Redemption were OOS, but Jaws has been OOS for forever. Hoping they ship.

If anyone is interested, The Walking Dead seasons 1 & 2 were in stock for $15 and $28 respectively ($10 and $18 shipped w/ 40% off). So if you have two other things to get you can get em' together for $28. Great show.

Also, Metal Gear Solid collection still out of stock for PS3.

#6643 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Also, Metal Gear Solid collection still out of stock for PS3.

You must've missed it when it was in stock earlier today. Doesn't matter anyway as the 40% off doesn't work on games.

Damn, I log on and check my wishlist and see that a couple Batman hardcovers that are hardly ever in stock are actually in stock and at decent prices. One refresh of the page and they were gone. Bummer.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6644 GuyManDude

GuyManDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

You must've missed it when it was in stock earlier today. Doesn't matter anyway as the 40% off doesn't work on games.

Oh I didn't even notice that games weren't in the deal. Good thing I only wanted movies today.

Yeah I'm trying to get that MGS collection for $20 or less. Backlog is too big as it is though, and I'll be buying at least 7 (new) games from now through May 8. Gonna be a good year, or at least the first half anyway.

#6645 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Deal of the Day - 40% off when you buy 4 or more USED Books, CDs, or Movies. Use code: WHATTHEWHAT Valid 1/18 only.

Same sale today, same code, but valid 1/19 only ;)

#6646 kozi

kozi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

I got my Walking Dead Compendium order today. The books came in a cardboard box that was falling apart.

#6647 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Just stopping by to say I love GoHastings.

#6648 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Got one technical book in. I would have been pissed if I paid $100 for it, cause it looks like someone's fucking thesis.

#6649 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

B2G1 Free on used games plus more in the first post

#6650 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Bah, limited to two used copies of Borderlands 2.... Can't pull off the B2G1Free for my two buddies and myself. :cry:

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#6651 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

There is virtually nothing in stock that makes the 5 for $25 used books code worth using. Bummer.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6652 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I thought more people would be excited for B2G1 on games. I guess not.

#6653 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

I would be more excited about it, but a lot of the stuff on my wish list went out of stock before it started. And this promo doesn't work well with cheap games due to shipping. :(

#6654 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Anyone know if LBP GOTY or LBP2 SE requires a code to get the extra content? I kept trying to google it and couldn't find an answer. From unboxing videos it looked like a no. I was just trying to make sure. I want to pick these up for my little brother. Thanks in advance!

#6655 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Anyone know if LBP GOTY or LBP2 SE requires a code to get the extra content? I kept trying to google it and couldn't find an answer. From unboxing videos it looked like a no. I was just trying to make sure. I want to pick these up for my little brother. Thanks in advance!

This thread over on GameFAQs seems to confirm that you don't need a special code for either game. I can also back up part of that claim and say that have the first game's GOTY edition and I don't remember having to input a code.

#6656 rob6021

rob6021

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

The $10 off $40 works on new items, so I went ahead and got Persona Golden 4 on vita for $32.54 shipped and new (adding the cheapest ebook i could find to bump the price over $40). I've been waiting on some kind of discount for that game for awhile. Thank you.

#6657 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

The $10 off $40 works on new items, so I went ahead and got Persona Golden 4 on vita for $32.54 shipped and new (adding the cheapest ebook i could find to bump the price over $40). I've been waiting on some kind of discount for that game for awhile. Thank you.

That's not a bad idea.

#6658 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Don't shoot the messenger..

Some Hastings stores are going through a remodel. From what I've heard, stores are supposed to gut the first eight (!) new copies of any game, and, of course, all used games. They'll be stored in some cabinet or something like they are at Gamestop. I'm assuming most stores will get the remodel, but it'll take time. Just don't be surprised if some games that you order as new from the website come to you already gutted.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6659 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I thought more people would be excited for B2G1 on games. I guess not.

Even though this is the first VG sale in a while, their inventory is still pretty empty...

I'm dreaming of the day when they fix their pricing and inventory systems. At least, give us the option to separate out PV from used.

Don't shoot the messenger..

Some Hastings stores are going through a remodel. From what I've heard, stores are supposed to gut the first eight (!) new copies of any game, and, of course, all used games. They'll be stored in some cabinet or something like they are at Gamestop. I'm assuming most stores will get the remodel, but it'll take time. Just don't be surprised if some games that you order as new from the website come to you already gutted.

This would suck.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#6660 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:44 PM