Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#7051 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

sweet Dark Souls Artorias of the Abyss going on sale other than that its shitte

#7052 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Upcoming deals & content blog is up.

Awesome!

Dark Souls DLC is on sale next week! Suhweeeet!

#7053 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

CastleStorm is next week's XBLA release. From looking at the gameplay videos, it looks like a mash-up of Swords & Soldiers and Angry Birds.

#7054 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, this look like the first time since Feb 2012 that I'm not buying anything this month. I think I really did buy everything on the marketplace I want (besides some new releases).

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#7055 Narsis84

Narsis84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Holy shit.

A. It's Monday. Nice.

B. A couple decent sales. Pid and maybe Matt Hazard.

3. Alan Wale sale? That's some foreshadowing shit right there. I hope. I'm half hard already.

#7056 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Matt Hazard for me - probably forgettable game, but for 400msp why not. I forgot the last time that i bought XBLA game on DotW.

Some really nice offers: Bangai-o HD - i cannot recommend this enough. It's such a original, insane and addicting game with some pretty nice puzzles in some stages. Anyone who say this is a shmup is dead wrong.

Pid is worth 400msp for the atmosphere and characters alone. Some of the negatives: controls are not precise enough and you don't have an ability to move the camera a bit up and down, similar to Spelunky. Pid needs this in some levels.

Artorias contains some of the best bosses in Souls series. So yeah, fans will be all over this. :)

#7057 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'll probably grab Pid and Rocketbowl (my 200 msp rule kicks in here).
The rest I already have or are just complete crap.
Darkstalkers is very intriguing at 800 msps, but I'll probably wait till it hits 600 msp.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#7058 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Bangai-o HD - i cannot recommend this enough. It's such a original, insane and addicting game with some pretty nice puzzles in some stages. Anyone who say this is a shmup is dead wrong.

I completely agree with this. While it's a shame that the Story Mode from the Dreamcast/N64 version (which I REALLY wish would get ported one of these days) has never returned, it's still a really fun game with an insane amount of enemies & bullets on screen to the point there's slow down so the game can process all the stuff that's happening on screen.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7059 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Looks like I'm buying:
Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury (loved the Dreamcast version)
Pid
Dark Souls Artorias of the Abyss (might as well own it for 360 and PS3)

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#7060 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

The original Bangai-O was essentially a dual-stick shooter before the controllers were able to support it, but the two games that followed it have been turned into puzzle games because they changed how they design the levels.

#7061 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

What a pleasant monday surprise!! Also, I'm not interested in Alan Wake, but, up to 83%off????

Also, I will buy Dark Souls at half price with the DLC (If you buy Artorias, is like having a prepare to die edition?).

#7062 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Nice, Batgirl tomorrow and a discount on Darkstalkers Resurrection coming up. Good stuff.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7063 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Just an FYI for those grabbing Matt Hazard. There is no online co-op mode. Only couch co-op. That's what stopped me from buying it in the past.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#7064 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

It's been 7 months since a one day sale on Forza 4 content and a year since it was Deal of the Week. I was really hoping it would be on sale to coincide with the announcement of Forza 5.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#7065 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

Also, I will buy Dark Souls at half price with the DLC (If you buy Artorias, is like having a prepare to die edition?).

Pretty sure the Artorias DLC is the only thing that the prepare to die edition has over the regular edition.

#7066 JBallerX

JBallerX

Serenity now!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

I got my punchcard rewards from Microsoft for April...but I didn't get my 800 Microsoft points. I only got the avatar item and the 1 month of gold. Did anyone else have this problem? I bought about 10 games over the course of April.

#7067 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I got my punchcard rewards from Microsoft for April...but I didn't get my 800 Microsoft points. I only got the avatar item and the 1 month of gold. Did anyone else have this problem? I bought about 10 games over the course of April.

Did you check your list of pending points on the Rewards site?

#7068 JBallerX

JBallerX

Serenity now!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

Did you check your list of pending points on the Rewards site?

I will do that when I get home from work! Thanks

#7069 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Only thing that catches my attention is that Alan Wake sale. I've never played the series, but if the game is 83% off (potentially) the i'm sold.

#7070 im_dany

im_dany

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Alan Wake is not available in GonD here... come on MS :/

I already played it, bought the first DLC on sale and then sold it, but if the second one has a good discount i may pick up a code on ebay and the DLC on XBL.
I think the 83% discount will be on avatar items and gamerpics, i expect the DLCs to be at 200 MSP and the XBLA one at 400/600 MSP.

#7071 chargeup45

chargeup45

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

MS will be busy with the XBox reveal tomorrow, I assume that's why they announced the deals today.

#7072 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Holy shit.

A. It's Monday. Nice.

B. A couple decent sales. Pid and maybe Matt Hazard.

3. Alan Wale sale? That's some foreshadowing shit right there. I hope. I'm half hard already.

Pid is fun. I overpaid for it on the trade thread, but for $5 it's a pretty decent game. It's tough, though.

I already played it, bought the first DLC on sale and then sold it, but if the second one has a good discount i may pick up a code on ebay and the DLC on XBL.
I think the 83% discount will be on avatar items and gamerpics, i expect the DLCs to be at 200 MSP and the XBLA one at 400/600 MSP.

I'm not sure where you are, but Alan Wake GoD isn't available in America either, which fucking sucks. I just sold my disc last week after hanging on to it for more than a year waiting for The Writer to finally go on sale. Fuck me.

EDIT: Here is a press release from Remedy saying Alan Wake was put on GoD in 2010. Why can't I find it?

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#7073 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

Don't know what poochie is but that's a George Rodrigue painting, it's part of the blue dog series. He's a pretty famous local painter and restaurateur from where I used to live.

Poochie is a Simpsons reference. The video itself is Poochie-esque, I just used the Rodrigue painting to sneak the reference in.

#7074 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Pretty sure the Artorias DLC is the only thing that the prepare to die edition has over the regular edition.

I thought so, thanks for confirming.

Same here. I went to marketplace and the GoD is not available here. No Alan Wake then, I never really wanted to play that game so it's win-win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, I really enjoyed Puzzle Quest 1, but I'm not sure to want to buy Puzzle Quest 2 or Galactrix. I think that I prefer playing again the first one instead of the sequels.

#7075 Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Vworp Vworp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Meh, nothing for me for the next two weeks.

Might pick up Call of Juarez: Gunslinger if it's any good though.

#7076 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Interested in Pid and Matt Hazard for 400 each. Curious to see if Alan Wake DLC packs will be tempting enough to buy a DL Code from eBay in order to play them.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#7077 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

so are any of the 360 puzzle quests worth getting? I know it's available on virtually everything, but 400 is pretty cheap.
This is the incarnation of my idiot blood.

#7078 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Are there any sites out there that send e-mail notifications for marketplace content price drops? I'd like to get OG crysis if it ever goes on sale.

#7079 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Interested in Pid and Matt Hazard for 400 each. Curious to see if Alan Wake DLC packs will be tempting enough to buy a DL Code from eBay in order to play them.

So will those codes still work even though it's not on Games on Demand?

so are any of the 360 puzzle quests worth getting? I know it's available on virtually everything, but 400 is pretty cheap.

I think 1 and 2 are definitely worth it. I think I'll probably grab Galactrix now, I passed at 800 a couple months ago.

I'll also check out Jeremy McGrath, Mad Tracks, Matt Hazard, and Rocketbowl.

It's funny how just a couple months ago games like Galactrix and Matt Hazard hadn't budged in price after years in the store, and now they'll both be over 60% off of their original price.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#7080 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Pid is fun. I overpaid for it on the trade thread, but for $5 it's a pretty decent game. It's tough, though.

Your Gamer pic is from Pid, right?

1 & 2 are great. I have them on XBLA, DS & PC, so definitely pick them up at 400 MSPs. Galactrix I just couldn't get into. I'd skip that one.

MrzombieChicken.jpg