Ni no Kuni Wizard edition fs @ club namco store

• Please log in to reply
935 replies to this topic

#721 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Wow, this thing is sold out and I wanted to get one.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#722 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Same, still dont get why they made it so limited, but whatever. I'm more than happy with Gamestop's Steelbook.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#723 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

The book in the German version is in English. It says it right there on Amazon's German site. All you have to do is use Chrome as your browser and it automatically translates it for you.

Yes, the spell book is in English. The game box and game case insert are both in German.

#724 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Yeah, it's been sold out for at least 5 months from the Namco site but as others said, there may be a chance of a few Wizard Editions being able to come back from sale from those who had their orders cancelled from one reason or another.

2 Weeks away! Man, it has been a really long time since I've been this enthusiastic about a game. I'm hoping this will bring me out of my gaming lull.

#725 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yes, the spell book is in English. The game box and game case insert are both in German.

Yeah? I didn't mention those as the guy I was replying to wasn't questioning anything other than the book....
If the foreign game bothers anyone they can always sell it and buy the US version and stick it into the set. Then they'd only have a German box that holds everything.

#726 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

This edition was available for a month and a half. You guys had plenty of time to order.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#727 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

This edition was available for a month and a half. You guys had plenty of time to order.

They explained the cut off date for the phony kick starter (ni no starter) but they made no mention that was also the cutoff to order the Wiz edition. So sure it was available for awhile but had they adequately explained the preorder period more people would have bought during that time frame.

#728 andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

It's killing me seeing that people were able to get the WE for about £55, and my only option was an extra £14, which translates to an extra $23 =\

How I wish I'd have paid attention months ago. First the Borderlands 2 chest and now this. At least I could find it. That's something, right? I'll be watching to see if it opens up elsewhere.

But if game screws me over, it'll be a very quick call to my CC company to give them a what for.

#729 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I would have liked to pre-order it too, but I decided not to. I kind of regret it now, but I don't see why people are so crazy about it they want to start ordering euro editions. Just get the regular edition. It comes with a steelbook. That's a pretty good coup.

I don't think the Wizard edition had great contents anyway. If it had an art book I definitely would have pre-ordered.

#730 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I would have liked to pre-order it too, but I decided not to. I kind of regret it now, but I don't see why people are so crazy about it they want to start ordering euro editions. Just get the regular edition. It comes with a steelbook. That's a pretty good coup.

I don't think the Wizard edition had great contents anyway. If it had an art book I definitely would have pre-ordered.

This is the reason I got the UK version.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item257952c23a

http://www.ebay.com/...=item43b729072f

#731 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Amazon.de - Amazon's German site. This if for the German version but I believe most European games have the option for English voicework and text. The box and book though, could be in German.

For the UK version, you can go to any one of these sites: Zavvi.com, Shopto.net, game.co.uk, hmv.com and there's a few others, but most of these retailers have horrible packing. Given the size of this thing, I'm not sure if they'll take additional precaution in packing... I know (and pretty much everyone who tried to import their exclusive Limited Edition MGS HD Collection) Zavvi definitely doesn't.

So if I want it in English which place will be cheapest or least likely to damage the box? (Figure they're mutually exclusive)

#732 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

The book in the German version is in English. It says it right there on Amazon's German site. All you have to do is use Chrome as your browser and it automatically translates it for you.

I had to go look and you're right. I wonder if that means the printing on the box will be in English as well...:-k

So if I want it in English which place will be cheapest or least likely to damage the box? (Figure they're mutually exclusive)

Well, assuming the item is in English like Amazon.de says, your best best is Amazon.de since... they're Amazon and they usually pack things well and their CS is great.

Otherwise, I'd probably say HMV or game.co.uk if you want it from the UK. They're the only retailers besides Amazon UK/Germany that I've gotten European imports with very minimal damage. HMV is more expensive but their package is safer and I think they're the more stable retailer. I've had issues with an order getting cancelled at game.co.uk before but that was during some financial crisis they were having and apparently, that's all been resolved.

Take heed though: due to the size and weight (a 300 page hardcover book is gonna be pretty heavy), I'm not sure if any retailer can pack it safely for international shipping...

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#733 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

I had to go look and you're right. I wonder if that means the printing on the box will be in English as well...:-k

Well, assuming the item is in English like Amazon.de says, your best best is Amazon.de since... they're Amazon and they usually pack things well and their CS is great.

Otherwise, I'd probably say HMV or game.co.uk if you want it from the UK. They're the only retailers besides Amazon UK/Germany that I've gotten European imports with very minimal damage. HMV is more expensive but their package is safer and I think they're the more stable retailer. I've had issues with an order getting cancelled at game.co.uk before but that was during some financial crisis they were having and apparently, that's all been resolved.

Take heed though: due to the size and weight (a 300 page hardcover book is gonna be pretty heavy), I'm not sure if any retailer can pack it safely for international shipping...

Have you not looked at the photos on Amazon.DE at all? The box and case insert have German very clearly on them. Sometimes there will be multi-lingual content on the back of both, but at a minimum, the front and spine of the game case insert and the outer box cover are both in German.

#734 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Have you not looked at the photos on Amazon.DE at all? The box and case insert have German very clearly on them. Sometimes there will be multi-lingual content on the back of both, but at a minimum, the front and spine of the game case insert and the outer box cover are both in German.

Sounds like hmv is my best bet. At least I'm on the eastern seaboard

#735 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Ha... I didn't even think to check that. Boy is my face red...

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#736 andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

The 300+ page book is amazingly well crafted and I believe completely worth every penny. Though, as I say that, I also realize that I'm effectively paying $60 more for a fancy book. As much as I love Ghibli, the drippy character and plush is one of the least interesting characters they've created.

Ugh. The more I think about it, the more I question my purchase. A large part of me wonders if I'm ordering it just because its so hard to get.

Hell, I don't even know if the demo was good enough to make this a must have at all. I mean, it wasn't bad... But I don't know if it was my thing. Oy vey, the decisions.

#737 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

http://www.play-asia...bp-70-5wb9.html play-asia put up the wizard edition. not sure if anyone posted this or not

#738 andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

True that's another option, but it's the European version and is easily $10+ more than game, zavvi, shopto and amazon.de

Also, I don't think the purpose was to screw people out of getting limited editions, but I think they just don't care about people. They don't care if they lose ore orders or people getting upset, and apparently have no skill in customer service, and disregard the fact that people want clear information.

#739 Meelahd

Meelahd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

The namco store version was available for a long and I was stupid and I forgot the cut off date. I got lucky and realized the UK version was for sale and it ended up being a good chunk cheaper than the Namco store and it contains the same content. It was actually up for a good while after I put in my order also.

So there was 2 long chances for everyone to order this.

As a collector, I want my items to be fairly limited. I don't want to see it in the bargain bin after a couple of months. There were plenty of opportunities to order this, so really no point in making excuses.

This happens to us all though. You see an item up that you want and you keep holding it off and off, until it is finally gone THEN you REALLY REALLY want it all of a sudden.

I am at the point where if it says Atlus/Level-5/Xseed on a product, then I am ordering it on time and getting all my bonuses. The worst I lose is $10 savings later on and the pre-order bonuses make up for that value usually. Morally, you are giving your money to a great company that makes games available to a pretty small minority that is us. I will be a CAG with other companies, but I want to support these 3.

Kind of skewed the topic with the last paragraph, but I hope that some people understood the message in that.

#740 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

http://www.play-asia...bp-70-5wb9.html play-asia put up the wizard edition.

Clever girl.

#741 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Well to be fair, other places are STILL selling it, just weeks before release. Seem's like Namco just wanted to create fake hype on it or something for us...

Not saying it wasnt my fault, because I did procrastinate, but still.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#742 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

That is far too much.

#743 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

they do a test charge when you place the order, not everyone had enough money at the time and as others have pointed out Namco did not make it clear that they would cut off orders for the Wizard Edition

honestly if it wasn't for the book I wouldn't even care but I really want that book :-(

#744 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

I planned on keeping the one from Namco sealed and was just going to get the regular game but seeing that book might cause me to open my WE.

so what's the cheapest price one could get the UK version (assuming the exchange rate remains stable)?

#745 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

they do a test charge when you place the order, not everyone had enough money at the time and as others have pointed out Namco did not make it clear that they would cut off orders for the Wizard Edition

honestly if it wasn't for the book I wouldn't even care but I really want that book :-(

That's why you get a credit card.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#746 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Well to be fair, other places are STILL selling it, just weeks before release. Seem's like Namco just wanted to create fake hype on it or something for us...

Not saying it wasnt my fault, because I did procrastinate, but still.

I don't think it's that odd that Namco's releasing this in limited numbers here but generous numbers in Europe when think of how NoE took the risk with Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower (and it paid off) while NoA was trying to find excuses.

Those three JRPGs did very well in Europe so that probably explains Namco's stance on the LE. Granted, two of the three were released here eventually and I know at least TLS sold well by Xseed's standards, but it probably wasn't good enough for Namco.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#747 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

That's why you get a credit card.

And that's why I know so many people my age that have insane amounts of various debt.

And good point Vinny. I just really hate our market's here <_<, generic shooter #1000 sells hundreds of thousands of copies, and a good RPG struggles to barely make any profit.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#748 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

And that's why I know so many people my age that have insane amounts of various debt.

And good point Vinny. I just really hate our market's here <_<, generic shooter #1000 sells hundreds of thousands of copies, and a good RPG struggles to barely make any profit.

I think there is a middle ground between no credit card and insane amounts of debt.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#749 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

I think there is a middle ground between no credit card and insane amounts of debt.

Yep, moderate amounts of debt ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#750 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Yep, moderate amounts of debt ;)

Well, it's why I have a Wizard edition coming and why others don't because they were too worried about tying up that amount of cash until its release.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif