• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#751 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, Detriot! :applause:
Verlander was brilliant last night, total shutdown of the A's.
Bless you boys!
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#752 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Sabfathia gifts you with bases loaded and you play hero ball gj Orioles

#753 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

This year is going to be such a waste if it ends up Yankees vs Giants. If the Nasty Nats lose it tonight, I think I'll just tune out the rest of the season.

#754 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

This year is going to be such a waste if it ends up Yankees vs Giants. If the Nasty Nats lose it tonight, I think I'll just tune out the rest of the season.

lolwut

Yankees had a ton of injuries this year but still managed to have the best record in the AL. Sabean actually made good moves during the trade deadline.

#755 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Touché, because a Giants v Yankees series would be quite compelling.

#756 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm a Yankee fan, and even I don't see them getting past Detroit. They always have trouble with the Tigers, and they can never hit Verlander for shit. I've been saying for years that you don't match up your ace with a pitcher as good as Verlander. I'd honestly prefer to have Hughes match up against Verlander (or even Kuroda). That way, if Verlander shits the bed, you have a good chance to win. But if he's on his A game, you weren't going to win anyway.

It does the Yankees no good for Sabathia to pitch 9 innings of 1 run ball if Verlander pitches a complete game shut out. And losing a Verlander pitched game 8-0 is no different. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war, and the Yankees would be wise to bet on the rest of their staff being better than the rest of Detroit's. Just plan on Verlander's starts being losses and CC's starts being wins. And win the series in between.

#757 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

I'm a Yankee fan, and even I don't see them getting past Detroit. They always have trouble with the Tigers, and they can never hit Verlander for shit. I've been saying for years that you don't match up your ace with a pitcher as good as Verlander. I'd honestly prefer to have Hughes match up against Verlander (or even Kuroda). That way, if Verlander shits the bed, you have a good chance to win. But if he's on his A game, you weren't going to win anyway.

It does the Yankees no good for Sabathia to pitch 9 innings of 1 run ball if Verlander pitches a complete game shut out. And losing a Verlander pitched game 8-0 is no different. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war, and the Yankees would be wise to bet on the rest of their staff being better than the rest of Detroit's. Just plan on Verlander's starts being losses and CC's starts being wins. And win the series in between.

The problem with starting CC in game 4 is that he would only start one game the entire series. Unless you bring him back on short rest for game 7 vs Verlander.

#758 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

The problem with starting CC in game 4 is that he would only start one game the entire series. Unless you bring him back on short rest for game 7 vs Verlander.

Yeah, wow...I didn't realize Game 1 was tomorrow already. That's freaking crazy. Good thing the Yanks don't have to travel, I guess. But yeah...I guess it almost forces you to put CC against Verlander in Game 3...although, I would consider holding him back and doing Game 4 and 7 depending on where the series sits at that point (ie. if the Yanks are up 2-0, I'd hold CC back and tell Hughes good luck in Game 3, lol). I just hope Pettitte can take care of business in Game 1. He's pitched great since coming back (but in my opinion, he always pitches better than people expect him to). I just hope he gets some damn run support this time.

#759 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

Umps have been terrible this inning cardinals got away with a lot of strikes in the middle of the fucking strike zone that got called balls that even the commentary had to point out. Game should have been over by now. Cards showing they're the luckiest team in baseball.

#760 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

Hahaha great comeback. Shut em down St Louis.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#761 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

It was obvious that the Nats just died when the Cards tied it up.

#762 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

Oh look, it's Cards back again to rob another team of a franchise first. Sad really.

What a complete waste of a season; peace.

#763 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

Remember when closers could actually close.

Rangers
Nationals

Will Giants be added to this list?

"Wow. Why the hell was Storen trying so hard so many times to paint the corners? Throw him hard stuff and trust your defense up 2 and only needing one more strike twice."

comment couldn't have been any more true.

#764 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Yes, it's sad that the Cardinals lost their legendary manager, their superstar, were without their ace pretty much the whole year, and still found a way to make it back to the NLCS. Heartbreaking.

#765 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Shit, are the Cardinals going to do this two years in a row? The Cardinals beat the team with the best record in the MLB in the first round the last two years. I know your pain, Nationals fans, but I can't say I'm not happy the Nats lost, I really didn't want Werth to get another ring.

#766 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

This has been such a weird season for the Cards... We lost pitching coach David Duncan and manager Tony La Russa when they retired during the off-season. They've been with the team since I was 11 years old, so it was really weird not seeing them there. Albert Pujols also decided to sign with the Angles which was very shocking for the entire city.

Mike Matheny becoming the new manager was kind of controversial, but I think he did a good job overall. To get in as the 2nd Wild Card team is kind of weird, but whatever works...

Onto the NLCS! :bouncy:
Posted Image

#767 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Can't believe I missed the end of the Cards game. Oh well, so can we now begin to endlessly chastise the Nationals for shelving Strasburg?

#768 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Shit, are the Cardinals going to do this two years in a row? The Cardinals beat the team with the best record in the MLB in the first round the last two years. I know your pain, Nationals fans, but I can't say I'm not happy the Nats lost, I really didn't want Werth to get another ring.

Especially after Werth said "I am motivated to get back quickly and see to it personally those people never walk down Broad Street in celebration again."

I was really hoping for the Orioles or Reds to win the World Series, now I'm hoping the Tigers win since the other 3 teams left are the 3 teams the eliminated the Phillies in 2009, 2010 and 2011.

#769 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Here's the hoping the Giants wreck the Cards and whoever wins in the AL. They have full momentum after overtaking the Reds.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#770 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Meh, worries in last post came true with all the small market/new comer teams losing.

Don't really care for any of the remaining teams, so I won't be posting until spring training. Guess I hope the Tigers win it out of remaining teams, but pretty indifferent as long as the Yankees lose.

#771 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Meh, worries in last post came true with all the small market/new comer teams losing.

Don't really care for any of the remaining teams, so I won't be posting until spring training. Guess I hope the Tigers win it out of remaining teams, but pretty indifferent as long as the Yankees lose.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. It's football from now on until the Winter Meetings and Spring Training.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#772 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'm feeling the same. I don't care for any of the teams and don't care about the Tigers either since they beat the A's. Time to watch more football, although the Raiders will probably continue to disappoint me.

#773 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

With the Nats benching Strasburg arbitrarily and failing to capitalize on their unexpected success this year, I'm glad they lost and I hope that they wallow in mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

I'm not a big baseball fan, and I know that this has been talked to death but betting on future success at the cost of present success is so ridiculous in the world of professional sports that they deserve whatever hardships may befall them.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#774 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

The Orioles are probably going to beat the Yankees and then face Detroit in the ALCS.

The Nationals will vanquish the tainted Cardinals and then dominate the Giants in the NLCS.

Beltway Series Incoming, folks.

Ouch.

As another stab to the gut of Nationals fans, World Series ticket presale info was sent to season ticket holders at 7 am this morning. Oops.

#775 bascubs29

bascubs29

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Ouch.

As another stab to the gut of Nationals fans, World Series ticket presale info was sent to season ticket holders at 7 am this morning. Oops.

That's horrible. The last thing Nats fans need as of right now is to be reminded of the complete collapse of their team.

#776 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

But how many of them were fans before this year?

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#777 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Even if the Nationals had won, they shouldn't have sent out that e-mail yet. They could have at least waited until the Nationals had gotten a lead in the NLCS before trying to sell the tickets.

#778 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Go yanks :bouncy:

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#779 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Even if the Nationals had won, they shouldn't have sent out that e-mail yet. They could have at least waited until the Nationals had gotten a lead in the NLCS before trying to sell the tickets.

It turns out that it was actually MLB who sent the email, but it's still gotta suck for the fans.

#780 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Ouch.

New York isn't that far from DC. Maybe they'd still like to go. \\:D/