Photo
- - - - -

Smartphone Thread

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your smartphone?

What's your smartphone?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 200STM

200STM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Still have my Venture its still slow but works, I notice when Virgin mobile updates it makes it slower and slower haha.

#62 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

EVO 3d. Got it about two months after it came out. If you would have told me that Sprint was going to dump them off on VM then I would have never bought it. I recently rooted it and it feels like it extended its life a bit.

Edited by Fallen_Shadow94, 29 April 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#63 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

iPhone 3G here.

Gots me 32gb phone, but the hardware is so shit it can't even open any programs.

Trying to figure out if I want the S4 or wait for whatever new iPhone that comes out.

#64 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Oh god I can imagine how bad it is for you. I remember years ago there was an iOS update I did for my then 3G and it pretty much bricked it made the thing super slow.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#65 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

HTC Inspire 4G running Jellytime (4.2.2)

The specs are still decent even though the phone is nearing 2 years old.

#66 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Getting the S4 in a few hours. Lol, I got white and my wife got the black one. But they didn't get enough black.due to the delay so I found a store with a spare white one and they said they would holdit so she is getting it as I.type this.

This Evo has been such a pain.

Oh, and lol at IGN HTC One video review. Summary :"buy it because it looks nice"

Edited by 6er, 27 April 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#67 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Galaxy note 2. I was turned off by the size at first but once you get used to it, I couldn't imagine using a smaller phone.

#68 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

^Fuck ya!

So can't wait for the Samsung Mega

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#69 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I heard the mega is vastly under powered compared to the note 2 is that right?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#70 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

HTC DNA (butterfly).

Awesome phone. love it. wireless charging is neat. more convenient that I expected and I ended up getting 4 charging pad and have them everywhere.

#71 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

I heard the mega is vastly under powered compared to the note 2 is that right?

Having a Note 1... I don't really care... You'll AWAYS be "under powered" and obsolete...

Trade List

#72 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Just got an iPhone 5 and holy shit am I used to Android.

My last Apple product was a first gen iPod touch. Can't get past not having any widgets, UI customization is minimal. The only pro for me is the dense pixeled screen and a great camera. Going back to Nexus 4.

#73 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

Nexus 4, here.

Had a Nexus One before this. I needed an unlocked phone and the cheap price tag didn't hurt, either. The screen is amazing compared to my old Nexus One, too. It would be hard for me to leave the Nexus line, now.
76561198025510545.png

#74 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Looks like the rumor of manufacturers releasing their own "Nexus" is coming true. Despite LG being the official Nexus manufacturer, Google announced that there will be a special Galaxy S4 with vanilla android and Sony has released a beta build of vanilla android for the Xperia ZL. And now HTC is also rumored to be working on a vanilla build for the One. I'm not going to be in the market until next year or Tmobile kills my $6 unlimited data plan, but this is great to see.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#75 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

HTC Evo 4G LTE because I wanted my first android phone with microsd slot and rootable. Happy with the phone but Sprint is killing me with the slow 4G rollout and subpar 3G. Might jump ship to Verizon when my contract is because they have the best service in my area. Currently rocking the Jellybam rom and it is nice and supports lots of phones.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

HTC Evo 4G LTE because I wanted my first android phone with microsd slot and rootable. Happy with the phone but Sprint is killing me with the slow 4G rollout and subpar 3G. Might jump ship to Verizon when my contract is because they have the best service in my area. Currently rocking the Jellybam rom and it is nice and supports lots of phones.

4g is rolling out now around my work. The infuriating part is that during this testing phase they keep flipping the towers back and forth. So I'll be enjoying a nice stream on 4g, and then it cuts out, and a minute later its 3g again.
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#77 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

I am thinking of getting a new phone sometime this year, currently using iPhone 4. Will wait and see what iOS7 brings to the table as could be interesting otherwise might make a switch.

As I said before I would consider Windows Phone 8 but lack of apps is a turn off. So I guess its between HTC, Samsung or Sony as the big three. I just wondered on peoples opinions / experiences with sony xpera phones - how does the "sony ui skin" compare to that of touch wiz and htc sense etc?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#78 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

I am thinking of getting a new phone sometime this year, currently using iPhone 4. Will wait and see what iOS7 brings to the table as could be interesting otherwise might make a switch.

As I said before I would consider Windows Phone 8 but lack of apps is a turn off. So I guess its between HTC, Samsung or Sony as the big three. I just wondered on peoples opinions / experiences with sony xpera phones - how does the "sony ui skin" compare to that of touch wiz and htc sense etc?

The Xperia skin is exactly like what it sounds: just a skin. Their initial release of the Xperia X10 UI was embedded so deeply into the Android build that you couldn't really customize anything without making the phone almost useless. They learned pretty fast and the following iterations of it became much less embedded to the point of almost being a simple UI skin, unlike how HTC and Samsung really try to make it their own. Sense and TouchWiz are really just personal preference, but I'm not a fan of either. The main draw of Xperia phones is the design and integration of features like Walkman and Cybershot technologies, not to mention that it's as close to AOSP as you can get without being a Nexus. Nokia might still be king of the megapixels, but Sony is rumored to be coming out with a competitor to rival the best out there. That's the phone I'm waiting for and foregoing the Xperia Z/ZL.

I'm only mildly content with my Galaxy Nexus because it's a Nexus, but I really dislike the hardware.

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#79 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

iPhone 4. I'd love an iPhone 5 but can't afford to upgrade right now.

#80 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

The Xperia skin is exactly like what it sounds: just a skin. Their initial release of the Xperia X10 UI was embedded so deeply into the Android build that you couldn't really customize anything without making the phone almost useless. They learned pretty fast and the following iterations of it became much less embedded to the point of almost being a simple UI skin, unlike how HTC and Samsung really try to make it their own. Sense and TouchWiz are really just personal preference, but I'm not a fan of either. The main draw of Xperia phones is the design and integration of features like Walkman and Cybershot technologies, not to mention that it's as close to AOSP as you can get without being a Nexus. Nokia might still be king of the megapixels, but Sony is rumored to be coming out with a competitor to rival the best out there. That's the phone I'm waiting for and foregoing the Xperia Z/ZL.

I'm only mildly content with my Galaxy Nexus because it's a Nexus, but I really dislike the hardware.

After researching i've decided on Nexus 4, I am going to wait and see what apple show at WWDC if nothing exciting then i'm out in terms of iPhone. I just hope they don't announce a Nexus 5 right after I get it! I have seen a few rumours of a new Nexus device lately so best to wait I guess

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#81 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

I currently have a Kyocera Rise. I currently use Virgin Mobile. ($35/month. Unlimited Data.)

Am thinking about getting a Motorola Photon Q. And then switching over to Sprint. (Wife is currently on Sprint with her iPhone 5)

I really like phones with a QWERTY slider. My thumbs are just too big to text.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#82 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Picked up a White Galaxy S4, big improvement from my S2

#83 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

HTC 8x Windows Phone, I absolutely love.  Its simple to use and like the integration with Xbox.

#84 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Got my Nexus 4 today, its so slick

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#85 thepattenfactor

thepattenfactor

Resident Caffeinated Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Just got my Blackberry Z10 a few days ago. My Dad was testing one and I used it and fell in love. Unloaded my iPhone 4S within the next five hours to someone from Craigslist and used the money to buy one. I'm a geek-- I'll admit it, but I love the phone. Being able to remove/replace the battery and add a memory card makes it a very good phone for me, not to mention that it's my first 4G LTE phone. Haven't got the chance to use LTE yet sadly, as AT&T doesn't have it in my area... the screen is absolutely beatufiul-- true multitasking as well. I love it...

#86 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

^Welcome to the Present.  It's nice to not be in the stone ages eh... ?

Trade List

#87 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

I currently use a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I love this phone. I don't know if I could go with a phone with a smaller screen now.

#88 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

I currently use a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I love this phone. I don't know if I could go with a phone with a smaller screen now.

Yeah, I feel the same way about my Note 1. My upgrade (assuming I'm not getting tagged by the AT&T change) in January should be nice for a Note 3, assuming there is one.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#89 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Same with screen size here - went from iPhone 4 to Nexus 4 so 3.5" to 4.7" boy using the iPhone now it seems so tiny. It's definitely something I don't miss from it.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#90 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Switched my HTC One X to prepaid GoPhone. Unlimited Texting for $25/mo but no Data, Wi-Fi Only. Luckily everywhere you go around town here has Wi-Fi, so it works for me.

If I go out of town though, I tend to get a little bored. :joystick:

I was thinking of hopping on my fiance's Family Mobile (T-Mobile via Walmart) plan for $35/mo so I can get data access, but I'm not feeling the whole $299 price tag for the highest of the high end phone they have available: Galaxy S2. I read you can use any T-Mobile network phone, but some features may not work properly. It's hard to find information about this... anyone here use Walmart Family Mobile?

MLIFTgM.gif