The 2013-14 NFL Thread

• Please log in to reply
2436 replies to this topic

#931 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

I don't think i was the only one that didn't call that pick  before the cowboys even had the ball.

#932 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Crap. More Denver slurping this week. I am not even going to bother with MMQB.

As much crap as Romo will get for that pick, he deserved to win that one.

#933 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

I don't think i was the only one that didn't call that pick  before the cowboys even had the ball.

Yep I called the INT, and 2 others on my Facebook page also did, just shows how transparent Romo is. I will admit that was the best game I ever seen Romo play.
Posted Image

#934 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

oh cowboys

#935 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Holy shit that romo pick was right on sched. I called a taint but a INT is close enough lol.. And after that they should have really let their D sit on their butts and just let Broncos walk in a TD to give them enough time.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#936 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

As a Cowboys fan I am not upset about this loss at all. Our offense hung with one of the best (if not the best) offenses in the game today. Well played, Broncos. 

#937 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Well schaub threw a pick 6 already

#938 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Checked to see if the game started yet, Schaub with the TD for the 49ers

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: inFamous 2, Metro Last Light

#939 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

And now Houston Romo throws a pick six.

#940 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

damn schaub.. another pick incoming

What im playing: 

Recently completed:
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#941 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

And their FG kicker misses again.

Might as well give the division crown to Indy right now.

#942 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

Fuck THIS. It wouldn't hurt to bench schaub. Time to see what the backup has.

What im playing: 

Recently completed:

#943 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

Fuck THIS. It wouldn't hurt to bench schaub. Time to see what the backup has.

I haven't watched the Texans much but..

Hasn't Yates been decent every time he's had the chance?

#944 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

I haven't watched the Texans much but..

Hasn't Yates been decent every time he's had the chance?

yep. I remember his 1 win againt bengals and 1 playoff loss I forgot which team was it against might be ravens, and the game went down to a johnson jumpball that ended up being picked... So he really did better than expected on those games, I thought we gonna get blown out. Keenum can play too when he was in college.

What im playing: 

Recently completed:

#945 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

As a Cowboys fan I am not upset about this loss at all. Our offense hung with one of the best (if not the best) offenses in the game today. Well played, Broncos. 

call me crazy but I think Romo tripped on that throw and that is what caused the pick. 

I was glad we got the win, our defense was mess today

#946 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

Geez, the Texans have completely fallen apart. Pretty amazing.

Also, the Jags traded Monroe and his prize replacement is done for the year. I am beginning to feel sorry for Yo Gabba Gabbert.

#947 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

call me crazy but I think Romo tripped on that throw and that is what caused the pick. 

I was glad we got the win, our defense was mess today

and not only that, the defender knew there is not much of a risk if he gambles and goes for a pick since he knows there are 2 other guys around the receiver and 1st down is still far away. So he did dove for the ball, and it paid off. Murray was open too, idk why romo threw it on a triple covered guy. Clock management was also awful, though that is expected of garrett.

Not even watching texans game anymore.. Totally lost faith in schaub. Give yates a shot or keenum.

What im playing: 

Recently completed:

#948 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Josh Freeman is signing with Minnesota.

#949 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Josh Freeman is signing with Minnesota.

My initial reaction was no, then I realized he can't possibly be worse than Ponder. Then again, why aren't they at least giving Cassel more than just the 1 game to see if he's got the stuff?

Edit- Just spent about half an hour reading up on Freeman's split from Tampa Bay and holy shit is that some absolutely bonkers news. It seems like Schiano has been setting him up to fail for at least this entire season and preseason with there even being rumors he rigged the team captain voting to strip Freeman of it... Wow, that's some absolutely crazy happenings.

#950 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

And yet, it doesn't surprise me. This is why most college coaches suck in the NFL.

EDIT: Do you have a link? I can't find the whole story anywhere on the national sites.

#951 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

I Still remember the infamous Schiano blitz during victory formation, good times.

#952 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Freeman is a headcase. Enjoy him Minnesota. Schiano gave him every chance to succeed. It is one excuses after another for Josh Freeman. Oh he's had too many coordinators, too many coaches, too many systems, not enough weapons....Here's some advice for Josh: Grow up. He still makes rookie mistakes in his 5th year. He stares down 1 receiver every play. Last few years it was Kellen WInslow and now it's Vincent Jackson. I'm so glad he's gone. He showed his true self when he got benched. Josh and his agent did everything possible to get him released. His accuracy sucks. He folds under pressure. He's not a team leader. HE IS NOT A FRANCHISE QB. Period. 

People can sh*t on Schiano all they want. He's made some mistakes sure, but he has rebuilt the Bucs defense into something to be reckoned with. His first two drafts have been awesome. He just needs to find a Qb and a real offensive coordinator because MIke Sullivan is awful. The media doesn't like Schiano because he doesn't talk to them. He's just like Billicheck. Only difference is Bill B drafted Tom Brady and the rest is history...

Formerly known as slickkill77

#953 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Freeman is a headcase. Enjoy him Minnesota. Schiano gave him every chance to succeed. It is one excuses after another for Josh Freeman. Oh he's had too many coordinators, too many coaches, too many systems, not enough weapons....Here's some advice for Josh: Grow up. He still makes rookie mistakes in his 5th year. He stares down 1 receiver every play. Last few years it was Kellen WInslow and now it's Vincent Jackson. I'm so glad he's gone. He showed his true self when he got benched. Josh and his agent did everything possible to get him released. His accuracy sucks. He folds under pressure. He's not a team leader. HE IS NOT A FRANCHISE QB. Period.

People can sh*t on Schiano all they want. He's made some mistakes sure, but he has rebuilt the Bucs defense into something to be reckoned with. His first two drafts have been awesome. He just needs to find a Qb and a real offensive coordinator because MIke Sullivan is awful. The media doesn't like Schiano because he doesn't talk to them. He's just like Billicheck. Only difference is Bill B drafted Tom Brady and the rest is history...

Don't remember Belichek bum rushing the Opposing V formation in NY, Cleveland, or NE.

Sorry not a Schiano fan.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#954 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Oh the stupid unwritten rules. You know if it worked it would be something that every does. If that's really why people don't like him that's fine, but that's a lame reason. Why should a team concede defeat? It's dumb. People still crap on Bellicheck for spygate, but no one cares because he wins. 

Formerly known as slickkill77

#955 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Raiders released Matt Flynn.

They're working out Pat White today, who also worked out for Buffalo earlier today.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#956 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Is it safe to call Flynn a journeyman now?

People kept saying Oakland needed Freeman, but Terrelle Pryor is playing pretty well right now.

#957 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Is it safe to call Flynn a journeyman now?

People kept saying Oakland needed Freeman, but Terrelle Pryor is playing pretty well right now.

Pryor looked good last night (this morning----hopefully that is the end of SNF that goes well past 2AM EST). He played much better then I expected.

#958 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

What would have happened if Peyton had gone to one of the other 31 teams?

I particularly like these:

Tampa Bay: Greg Schiano wouldn't run his starting quarterback out of town, and if he tried to, he would be fired. By his starting quarterback.

Jacksonville: Manning would give the Jaguars their first true franchise player in history and get them into the playoffs. Although some Jaguars fans would still demand the team sign and start Tim Tebow.

Arizona: America would no longer be wasting one of its finest natural resources in Larry Fitzgerald.

Baltimore: Joe Flacco wouldn't have a Super Bowl ring, making the world less confusing.

Buffalo: Manning and the Bills would be in the process of losing four consecutive Super Bowls, because nothing ever works out perfectly for Buffalo sports.

Oakland: In reality the Raiders didn't go after Manning because they were settled on Carson Palmer. Instead of playing a what-if fantasy game, let's just let that reality settle in.

Pittsburgh: Todd Haley's play calls would be getting ignored even more than they are now.

Cleveland: Manning would probably blow out his knee or something, because Cleveland is Cleveland.

Atlanta: The Falcons would have a great regular season, and then probably lose at home in the playoffs. So no change.

New York Giants: Manning Family Thanksgivings would be very awkward.

#959 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

158af490-b2d9-4d20-bdcc-bcb0b1f6fecb_tum

#960 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

Please tell me I am not the only one who misheard "Muhammed Wilkerson leads the Jets in sacks" as "Muhammed Wilkerson leads the Jets in sex."